Stop the unnecessary voiding of large-scale situations and roleplay scenarios

Short description: Stop voiding situations that involve multiple parties because a rule was broken.

Detailed description: I’ve noticed that recently, I, as an LEO, respond to situations, be it large-scale shootings and otherwise, roleplay for an hour plus, and then an admin just teleports in and informs us the scene is voided. I won’t name names as I’m sure they’re just doing their job and it would bring about unnecessary anger, but it feels like a waste to put all of this effort in only to have the scene voided, and it seems to happen more often than not. The most recent example being the riots, where days worth of planning and meticulous tactics and RP was developed only to have it almost voided on a whim.

I understand that this may be policy in the admin team, but it needs to be rethought with a larger perspective in mind, and possibly a change in policy. I don’t know what the policy is on voiding scenes, if an admin could share with permission, that’d be great, but those are my thoughts, and I know a lot of other LEO RPers feel the same way, and I’m sure it extends past that, to the illegal RPers and the legal RPers.

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add:N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server?

Additional information: Stop people getting demotivated, and promote lasting RP.

• Upvote 12
  • Applaud 1

PLEASE STOP THIS TREND!! i had so much of my rp voided that its genuinely frustrating. it feels like it happens even more frequently these days. 1 out of 3 lengthy scenes i respond to are voided after over an hour of rp and im honestly sick of it.

It’s why punishments for malicious rule breaking should be tougher because it widely impacts other players like yourselves. I could be massively mistaken here but the riots/protests were voided because a player metagamed information to kickstart it.

I can see your point and maybe it comes down to the experience of the admin handling the situation, but the large-scale voids I’ve seen happen were because of roleplay quality, more so than rule breaks. Situations where it involves unrealistic frequency and levels of escalation or violence that would ultimately leave many characters with ptsd. Whilst frustrating, I always reflect on how much trauma my character would’ve went through if these shootings and whatnot went unchecked.

Punishing the rule breaking player and letting things unfold is sometimes equally unfair for the other parties involved.

If a roleplay scene is being played out soley because someone broke rules and would have not happened otherwise then it should be voided 100% percent because it wouldn't be fair otherwise to everyone involved. If a roleplay scene involves a person that is rule breaking but the roleplay scene was not created or initiated trough rulebreaking then it should not be voided because that would be lazy and retarded.

• Applaud 2
  • effion locked this topic