Store resources in vehicles, Add fishnet for Tug

Estes

Hi, reposting my suggestion from 2018.

Short description:  Allow people to store resources in vehicles, boats, etc; Add fishnet script for Tug (fishing boat); Increase Tug's storage from 100KG to 500KG; Make it possible to do /fishing while on the boat.

Detailed description: 

1. Allow people to store resources in vehicles, boats, etc.

Pretty self-explanatory. Same as any item, I think we should have an ability to store resources (such as fish) in our vehicles. Brings more realism and becomes handy.

2. Add fishnet script for Tug (fishing boat).

I think there should be a reason for people to buy constructional vehicles and/or fishing boats, etc. So I believe it'd be a fair deal for somebody to A) Open a business, take a credit for Tug and start fishing normally; B) Save up and buy one; C) My case, open up a business to employ people and have some civil roleplay not just for the sake of RP, but that would bring actual assets as well.

3. Increase Tug's storage from 100KG to 500KG. 

Self-explanatory again. It's very unrealistic for a fishing boat to have only 100KG of available storage. And for businesses/companies it would be great to make more money to explain the need for Tug, for example. 

4. /fishing in the Ocean

Obviously, there should be an opportunity to sail and fish far from the shore. 

Commands to add:  N/A.

Items to add: N/A.

How would your suggestion improve the server? From my point of view, these suggestions will motivate people to open businesses, thus to roleplay fishing, not just grinding fish at entry-levels. 

Additional information: N/A.

This will directly lead to more grinding by new characters. This part I don't think should be changed, but perhaps something is possible for boats.

For the rest, fishing could definitely use an overhaul, especially with the improved boat sync.

Edited by mj2002
  • Upvote 1

Before anyone comes in with some variation of "The tug shouldn't be allowed to farm fish in bulk, that's OP!" I'd like to point out that the tug has a total top speed of slower than Granny Jane's car after she crashed it into the tar pits at Big Jimmy's Tar Pit Adventure Incorporated. People can walk faster than the tug.

Mix that with limited docks for offloading, and you've got a solid mix to improve both fishing AND logistics roleplay.

That is, a fishing trawler can pull up and a logistics company can offload and sell the goods, after paying the fishing crew for their work.

8 hours ago, mj2002 said:

This will directly lead to more grinding by new characters. This part I don't think should be changed, but perhaps something is possible for boats.

I would contend that this isn't exactly the appropriate solution to the problem, though - but I've talked about that ad nauseam in other threads.

Artificially preventing resources from being stored in vehicles isn't particularly realistic either.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, mj2002 said:

For the rest, fishing could definitely use an overhaul, especially with the improved boat sync.

I think it should be depending on the boat, and its size. The Yacht vehicle can be rply slept inside of, and people actually do live on boats irl. (Meaning expensive boats only which a new player wouldn’t be able to to purchase)

• Wuhtah locked this topic