Are all the vehicle incidents suppose to be Role-Played?

Farmer

9 minutes ago, Pillsbury said:

My famous quote to people that run through intersections doing 130 miles per hour and crash into a block of vehicles going "lol my bad desync" is;

1. Maybe if you werent going so fast through the City, and you know, drove realistically, your PC could handle the streaming issue
2. If you wanna do 130+ get a better PC so you can stream stuff in on time. 

Hate to break it to people, but the server is way more synced then it was six months ago, there is not a whole lot of "lol my bad bro the server was lagging so hard" -- it doesn't lag that hard anymore frankly.. 

--------

OT;

If its a simple mistake, to be honest? Probably don't need an admin. We all have done a /pm before and swerved off to the side of the road and hit into a player.. If BOTH of you agree and know it was an honest mistake, then go on with ya day - what we don't know, won't hurt us. But there is a fine line between sending a PM and losing control and then purposely driving 100+ through the City or County, hitting into someone because of your own stupid and reckless actions, or rolling off a cliff because "lol bro irl I could totally make that drift but game physics you know?" while doing 100+ around a corner, flipping and doing /b skip. 

My tldr; probably best to get an admin quickly for all. If a player wants to RP it, RP it until an admin comes - it's not your choice within the rules. 

? Bro why're you insulting peoples financial situations? The reason why the server lags has nothing to do with peoples speed. It's those police textures and sirens that lag the server.

6 minutes ago, Goon said:

? Bro why're you insulting peoples financial situations? The reason why the server lags has nothing to do with peoples speed. It's those police textures and sirens that lag the server.

It's extremely frustrating when your roleplay situation gets ruined by a person going 130 MPH down Hawick Avenue and sends a dozen cars and people into the stratosphere only to realize it when they are halfway through and leaves with "/b you guys didnt show up for me". It's true that they didn't know we were there, but it could've been easily avoided if they attempted to drive realistically so people don't have to ask an admin to fix a dozen cars and revive 6 people, just a waste of everyone's time and ruins the scene.

Also, streaming issue like cars teleporting around came with Rage 1.1, not police textures and sirens.

Edited by QuadTurboW16
1 minute ago, QuadTurboW16 said:

It's extremely frustrating when your roleplay situation gets ruined by a person going 130 MPH down Hawick Avenue and sends a dozen cars and people into the stratosphere only to realize it when they are halfway through and leaves with "/b you guys didnt show up for me". It's true that they didn't know we were there, but it could've been easily avoided if they drive realistically so people don't have to ask an admin to fix a dozen cars and revive 6 people, just a waste of everyone's time and ruins the scene.

It has nothing to do with speed, I drive realistically  60 MPH and some of my shit doesn't load because of the police lights and sirens.

37 minutes ago, Goon said:

Trust me - I'm the last person to "insult" peoples financial situations. It's just the truth of the matter.. If the PC can't handle a game - it's going to be harder and harder for you to play and give everyone that same enjoyable experience. It's like if you loaded up any interactive/online game on the bare minimum settings, still get 10-15 FPS, and had a graphics card that was outdated.. Sure you can still play, but if you interact with anyone - they aren't going to have a good time, neither are you probably. 

Thanks for the try though.

Edit: He is right, sometimes massive amount of cars in any area, can make lag - but it's not just "police vehicles".. You take 50 cars and put them in one small square block, of course you are going to lag and have texture issues. It does sometimes have to do with speed indeed however. The game can only load so much at once, so doing anything above a proper speed limit that is suppose to be played in the game, is usually going to cause texture issues. Same thing can happen on GTA Online, or base GTA single-player. Countless of videos online of people doing excessive speeds and then a NPC truck spawns in the middle of driving.

I skip it because it's a boring pain in the ass.  I used to rp it, but then I had my character lie in the street for an hour before somebody ICly stopped and called EMS.  Then there was the EMS roleplay which I could barely participate in because my character wasn't conscious (and rightly so).  It was about 1.5-2 hours of lost game time caused by somebody smashing my character with a car as he crossed an intersection on his BMX.  

Usually people don't even stop, or they'll stop, think for a second, then keep driving.  I don't even have the chance to ask for a void.

I never liked people asking to void a car accident, especially if it happens due to them disregarding actual traffic laws. Why are you here then if you drive through the city like it's a racing track, disregarding a car crash that would literally kill you?

2 hours ago, Pillsbury said:

My famous quote to people that run through intersections doing 130 miles per hour and crash into a block of vehicles going "lol my bad desync" is;

1. Maybe if you weren't going so fast through the City, and you know, drove realistically, your PC could handle the streaming issue.
2. If you wanna do 130+ get a better PC so you can stream stuff in on time. 

Hate to break it to people, but the server is way more synced then it was six months ago, there is not a whole lot of "lol my bad bro the server was lagging so hard" -- it doesn't lag that hard anymore frankly.. 

--------

OT;

If its a simple mistake, to be honest? Probably don't need an admin. We all have done a /pm before and swerved off to the side of the road and hit into a player.. If BOTH of you agree and know it was an honest mistake, then go on with ya day - what we don't know, won't hurt us. But there is a fine line between sending a PM and losing control and then purposely driving 100+ through the City or County, hitting into someone because of your own stupid and reckless actions, or rolling off a cliff because "lol bro irl I could totally make that drift but game physics you know?" while doing 100+ around a corner, flipping and doing /b skip. 

My tldr; probably best to get an admin quickly for all. If a player wants to RP it, RP it until an admin comes - it's not your choice within the rules. 

Observation of the first part of the message: Yeah. From the video it looks like my games is absolutely unstable and laggy at all times. But that is not the case most of the times. I have never had problems like this in the past. Not saying you're wrong but I do like to stick to the thoery that it is indeed perhaps not my PC or the internet at fault, but the desync.

• Upvote 2