Are all the vehicle incidents suppose to be Role-Played?

Farmer

27 minutes ago, Farmer said:

Observation of the first part of the message: Yeah. From the video it looks like my games is absolutely unstable and laggy at all times. But that is not the case most of the times. I have never had problems like this in the past. Not saying you're wrong but I do like to stick to the thoery that it is indeed perhaps not my PC or the internet at fault, but the desync.

I agree- there is plenty of times the server takes a poop on itself. I'm just saying as a general basis, especially as administrators, we tend to see the same excuse over and over, and most of the time - it's people being reckless.

• Upvote 2

I will never believe someone has a bad computer. Why? I'm yet to find someone in the community who has a worse PC than mine. I play in 30 fps and I complain about lag all the time yet I don't put myself in a position where I'm speeding like a madman and when things don't go my way I use some excuse to shrug it off.

I have a rule of my own and it doesn't matter if desync played a huge part in it. The rule is that if I crash, I roleplay, no matter the circumstance. I'm extra careful when driving due to my lagging as well as knowing someone might be reckless and if I collide with them then it's my fault because I should've known better.

• Upvote 4

Way back I used to just try and get it voided because it led to miniscule roleplay, it also rarely ever added anything to any character's story (bar the major car crashes that left people paralysed, but they're rare).

These days, the server's so laggy/glitchy that I am lucky to get over 30fps. There are quite a fair amount of people who drive like jackasses, but there's a genuine amount of people who I believe may just be lagging, myself included. I try and void car crashes now because they're OOC mistakes most of the time. 

3 hours ago, Invictus said:

I will never believe someone has a bad computer. Why? I'm yet to find someone in the community who has a worse PC than mine. I play in 30 fps and I complain about lag all the time yet I don't put myself in a position where I'm speeding like a madman and when things don't go my way I use some excuse to shrug it off.

I have a rule of my own and it doesn't matter if desync played a huge part in it. The rule is that if I crash, I roleplay, no matter the circumstance. I'm extra careful when driving due to my lagging as well as knowing someone might be reckless and if I collide with them then it's my fault because I should've known better.

I'd say each to their own. I agree that if someone's speeding like an absolute moron (finally saw someone banned for it today), then they don't deserve the privilege of voiding a crash. Anyone else is fine, I reckon.

My PC was great 2 years ago, and I get 144fps in most games, but RAGEMP/GTAW allows me to have maybe 40fps maximum during normal playing hours, and 70 if I'm very lucky. Most of the time it's 30 or less, and I see a lot of people glitching all over the place, which is probably server-related.

Edited by Aquila
10 hours ago, Pillsbury said:

My famous quote to people that run through intersections doing 130 miles per hour and crash into a block of vehicles going "lol my bad desync" is;

1. Maybe if you weren't going so fast through the City, and you know, drove realistically, your PC could handle the streaming issue.
2. If you wanna do 130+ get a better PC so you can stream stuff in on time. 

Hate to break it to people, but the server is way more synced then it was six months ago, there is not a whole lot of "lol my bad bro the server was lagging so hard" -- it doesn't lag that hard anymore frankly.. 

--------

OT;

If its a simple mistake, to be honest? Probably don't need an admin. We all have done a /pm before and swerved off to the side of the road and hit into a player.. If BOTH of you agree and know it was an honest mistake, then go on with ya day - what we don't know, won't hurt us. But there is a fine line between sending a PM and losing control and then purposely driving 100+ through the City or County, hitting into someone because of your own stupid and reckless actions, or rolling off a cliff because "lol bro irl I could totally make that drift but game physics you know?" while doing 100+ around a corner, flipping and doing /b skip. 

My tldr; probably best to get an admin quickly for all. If a player wants to RP it, RP it until an admin comes - it's not your choice within the rules. 

This is pretty much hits the spot. Personally, I really dislike whenever someone crashes into you and then they hit you with "/b sorry, my bad" and drive off. And I know it sounds ridiculous and weird, but it happened on so many occasions. Some players don't load in and then a crash happens, others just appear out of nowhere. Out of all the crashes that I have been involved in, only one I chose not to roleplay. A guy crashed into me and drove off as it was nothing, evidently, not loading in for him. Asked for his perspective, he said nobody was in the road and putting your character in a bed for a couple of days would be... extreme, and just like Pillsbury said "If BOTH of you agree and know it was an honest mistake, then go on with ya day ...".

I feel like lots of it depends on the context itself, but if you are driving like an idiot at 120 miler per hour and then randomly lag, crash into something along the way and expect to drive off as nothing happened? Hell to the no. Don't be an idiot to begin with.

Desync is a lot better about some things, but sudden and abrupt popups of vehicles out of nowhere seem to have gotten worse since 1.1. I'm driving along doing the speed limit on a country road and suddenly find myself surrounded by police vehicles, just barely avoiding a crash. I'm really not sure what I could do to avoid that.