Are all the vehicle incidents suppose to be Role-Played?

Farmer

29 minutes ago, Zani said:

If you suspect there was desynch involved, then you can agree to void it.

If you do not suspect any desynch was involved, then /report and continue roleplaying until an admin arrives on scene to handle it.

That is assuming both players dont OOCly agree to void it, which is the context I was taking when I said:

"as far as my knowledge goes, is completely in-line with server rules."

3 hours ago, Zani said:

This isn’t completely true. If it’s not from desynch or lag, which I assume we aren’t talking about on this thread, it falls under Common Courtesy not to roleplay it.

1) Common Courtesy

• failing to roleplay a car crash, unless it was clearly caused due to desync (contact an admin through /report if you wish for a crash to be voided);

/b lag lol

You are supposed to call an admin if you want to skip an incident. I think you can skip an incident (you still have to call an admin) if:

1. The reason was desync.

2. You are in rush irl (e.g you gotta log off).

3. Both parties agree.

On 6/17/2021 at 10:35 AM, bncal said:

You are supposed to call an admin if you want to skip an incident. I think you can skip an incident (you still have to call an admin) if:

1. The reason was desync.

2. You are in rush irl (e.g you gotta log off).

3. Both parties agree.

For #3 you don't need an admin. #1 you only need an admin if one party insists that it wasn't desync. #2 only needs an admin, again, if one party refuses to let the other party leave.

On 6/17/2021 at 1:56 AM, Lumiere said:

So there is no longer a rule about voiding if both players agree to void? Good. Most players lie and say desync anyways, even if it wasn’t. What do you do if the other player claims desync?

That was never "a rule" per se, but it is still enforced. Players have the full right to agree to void situations between themselves, so long as all parties involved in the situation agree to void it. If a single party involved disagrees, then it cannot be voided that way, and a report must be made.

45 minutes ago, maramizo said:

For #3 you don't need an admin. #1 you only need an admin if one party insists that it wasn't desync. #2 only needs an admin, again, if one party refuses to let the other party leave.

That was never "a rule" per se, but it is still enforced. Players have the full right to agree to void situations between themselves, so long as all parties involved in the situation agree to void it. If a single party involved disagrees, then it cannot be voided that way, and a report must be made.

Let's be honest. If we all slowed down and started following the speed limits then there probably wouldn't be as many car crashes that are caused by desync. - @Pillsbury

I agree with that 100% by the way. 

https://streamable.com/i2gqb3 - this is a MUST-TO-WATCH in order understand what is meant by this message.

Edited by Farmer
  • Upvote 2

My famous quote to people that run through intersections doing 130 miles per hour and crash into a block of vehicles going "lol my bad desync" is;

1. Maybe if you weren't going so fast through the City, and you know, drove realistically, your PC could handle the streaming issue.
2. If you wanna do 130+ get a better PC so you can stream stuff in on time. 

Hate to break it to people, but the server is way more synced then it was six months ago, there is not a whole lot of "lol my bad bro the server was lagging so hard" -- it doesn't lag that hard anymore frankly.. 

--------

OT;

If its a simple mistake, to be honest? Probably don't need an admin. We all have done a /pm before and swerved off to the side of the road and hit into a player.. If BOTH of you agree and know it was an honest mistake, then go on with ya day - what we don't know, won't hurt us. But there is a fine line between sending a PM and losing control and then purposely driving 100+ through the City or County, hitting into someone because of your own stupid and reckless actions, or rolling off a cliff because "lol bro irl I could totally make that drift but game physics you know?" while doing 100+ around a corner, flipping and doing /b skip. 

My tldr; probably best to get an admin quickly for all. If a player wants to RP it, RP it until an admin comes - it's not your choice within the rules. 

• Upvote 4