[LSNN] Gruppe Six security guard shoots unarmed teenager Zane Tran

5yHwzO3.png

Gruppe Six security guard shoots unarmed teenager Zane Tran

A shooting involving Gruppe Six has left 19-year-old Zane Tran in a wheelchair, a Gruppe Six security guard in custody (pending investigation), a community outraged and (it’s believed) a Gruppe Six security guard in hospital. We speak to those involved.

k4rlghr.png

By PHOEBE HOLTER

Los Santos, SA - “They just screamed somethin' like “CODE RED” and shot!” 19-year-old Zane Tran tearfully told LSNN reporters from his wheelchair. Zane is one of the survivors of an incident that escalated to a shooting involving Gruppe Six security guards at a property near Los Santos International Airport earlier today. 

It is known at the time of publication that the guard responsible for the shooting of Zane Tran has been arrested, pending further investigation. An official statement from Gruppe Six CEO Clifford Hunter claims that one of their guards was also injured during the incident and had to receive emergency hospital care. 

Yesterday’s shooting has left many in Zane’s local community shocked and enraged at Los Santos based security company Gruppe Six. Hunter claims no wrongdoing took place on behalf of his company.

"If it weren't for Marcus and Kyler, I would be dead. They covered my wounds until the ambulance arrived."  - Zane Tran

Teenager Zane Tran was shot twice by a Gruppe Six security guard after an interaction involving Zane and some friends who were present on their bicycles. 

cS3xFdd.png

A picture of Zane sourced from Facebrowser

Surrounded by friends and family, Zane, who is currently using a wheelchair as a result of one of the bullets damaging the nerves in his leg, spoke to LSNN about his recollection of the events that transpired before the shooting took place. 

"Me and my friends were biking around LSIA... Y'know where the rental cars are...?

Apparently, they had a dealership of sorts there... Me and my friends were just having fun, biking around, and the guards didn't like it.

They pulled guns and threatened me and my friends...Then they, they shot at me…" - Zane Tran

Zane went on to further allege that the security guards involved had stolen his BMX and that it was when he returned to collect it that he was shot. The wounded teenager also alleged that the guards involved tried to shoot his friends who were present too. 

"I was jus' goin' to get my bike, as I fell off it by some stairs. 

They chased us down, trying to shoot my friends too! 

The guard stole my bike as I was getting back, and then his friend shot me." - Zane Tran

6uUFzS3.png

Another angle of Zane (pictured centre) with friends

Further allegations were made against the Gruppe Six employees involved in the incidents, including an allegation that the guards attempted to ram one of Zane’s friends involved.

"One of them tried to ram Marcus too! "- Zane Tran

"I was lucky I was able to juke him out. That was a full-sized car coming at me." - Zane’s friend, Marcus

The air of frustration and anger amongst the group was palpable. Those surrounding Zane let their feelings be known too, remarking on their own perception of things that had happened. 

"He was just, biking, man. It was public property, I dunno why they'd even open fire on. On kid, dude…" - A community member who shared their feelings on the event

"And these people are protecting us, huh'? We use Holland private security. I've never had this issue." - Another community member present

For Zane, the shooting has ended and has hit him further personally too. He claimed that his dreams of competing in the X-Games were now over after the injuries he had sustained. 

"I just wanted to become an X-Games rider, dude. I was practicing jumps and all. But I can't follow my dreams anymore." - Zane Tran

hPdKeiG.png

Clifford Hunter, photographed in his office

Speaking to LSNN, Clifford Hunter (CEO of Gruppe Six) provided a statement on Gruppe Six’s perception of the events. According to his statement, the teenagers allegedly (Clifford took issue with the term teenage being used, claiming “once you’re 19, you’re no longer a teenager”) were intruding on the property of a Gruppe Six client. 

The company further alleges that the teenagers involved were asked to leave, refused to do so and then attacked one of Gruppe Six’s guards in an attempt to rob him. 

"There was an incident earlier today at a client property of ours near the LS Airport. I state, incident, not accident. There was a group of males, because once you're 19, you're not really a teenager, on bikes, entering restricted controlled zones in our client property. The males were asked multiple times to leave, and they refused, before eventually leaving once we threatened them with detainment.

They came back on multiple occasions, repeating the same thing a few times. At last, while a guard was on foot patrolling less-populated areas in our clients property, specifically behind a structure, one of the males with a BMX assaulted the guard, in an attempt to rob him." - Clifford Hunter

The guard who Gruppe Six alleges was attacked in an attempted robbery reportedly was transferred to hospital for emergency care.

Gruppe Six claims that it was when the guards involved saw the alleged robbery, that the shooting itself occurred.

"The other guards quickly saw the situation and one took the decision to take lethal action against the attacker.

Our guard who was assaulted was immediately transported to a hospital where he was treated for his injuries." - Clifford Hunter

IG4luUP.png

Gruppe Six vehicles outside of their headquarters in downtown Los Santos

Finally, Hunter remarked that the guard who had been allegedly attacked was himself armed and therefore those involved in the shooting may have drawn justification from not knowing if the guard had lost his firearm during the alleged assault.

He was also armed. So we cannot know the scale of accidents that would happen if this '19 year old' would have stolen the guard's firearm.- Clifford Hunter

The guard who is currently facing investigation after his arrest has not been dismissed, Hunter has claimed that he will only dismiss members of staff who have been “charged guilty. Clifford Hunter also reiterated Gruppe Six’s policy of not hiring felons, citing that it was “good practice”. 

This presumably in reference to a previous LSNN article regarding Holland Private Security’s hiring practices.  Equally relevant to that previous article is calls for further regulation of private security companies by local State Senators.

ArwiBTF.png

Inside the lobby of the Gruppe Six headquarters in downtown Los Santos

Regardless of which side’s take on events turns out to be true, it is undeniable that this incident will have some kind of impact on the public relations image of Gruppe Six and that this would not be the first time they’ve faced controversy. 

Previous flashpoints have included a fatal shooting at the Fantasia Hall, offensive comments made by Clifford Hunter at a “defund the LSSD event” and a series of failed lawsuits against a Magnolia Records artist, Elyas Bakker.

Hunter denies that this is the case, claiming that “It's too early to talk about damages to the image before any charges are finalized”. Judging by the reaction by community members who spoke to LSNN today, it is clear that there has already been some degree of damage done in some parts of the community.

To what extent that damage is, we will only need to wait to see how things transpire.

Further information will be released as investigations continue. This article will be updated as necessary. 

2OyH6Zd.png

> Comments are enabled

Username: 

Comment:

Edited by MotionSickness

Username: MMcKay

Comment: Gruppe 6 has proven time and time again that they are not capable of running a safe operation. In my eyes, the remaining dignity and credibility of Gruppe 6 has been lost, I no longer wish to conduct business with them, for both my safety and the others around me. I advise all companies boycott Gruppe 6 and their services, as shooting someone solves nothing. I wish Zane a speedy recovery, god speed, brother. 

Edited by Geo.

Username: SemperPie0341
Comment: Identify your target. I can't say it enough. Fuck. Even in Afghanistan, we had a far stricter ROE to follow. These clowns are going full panic mode and just shooting whoever they think is a 'hostile' when it's usually someone scared for their life, running for cover. There should be better training for armed security and a more thorough vetting process on new hires. 

Edited by Misuraca

Username: Audit Los Santos!
Comment: These wannabe cops are never good! The only thing they do is shoot down the innocent of the town! How is a 19 year old not a teenager!? Jesus, we mine as-well give guns to the prisoners in TTCF with the standards of G6.

Username: ARepublican01

Comment: it is quite funny how the fact, that they entered restricted areas and attacked one of the guards, is left out by that poor "teenager" who is a fucking young adult already - 19 y.o. Teenagers are from 14/15 to 17 at most. Those shitty brats could not phantom the idea, that they were not allowed to ride their bikes there. 

And WHEN the attack took place, shooting was completely justified. How? Easy - to hinder that maniac in taking the other guards gun, which he probably wanted to steal and maybe even use. And he was shot in his leg, clearly in attempt to stop the assault, not to kill him. 

Follow the fucking rules, degenerates. Dont be like a certain idiot, who jumps over barricades and then gets his ass beaten and cries for mommah. 

• Upvote 2

Username: SG1991

Comment: Outrageous how this so "famous" Gruppe Sheesh or whatever is still allowed to operate... This is a severe lack of common sense on how to perform their BASIC duties of being a security guard... Replace their guns with toy guns so that nobody else gets hurt, please.

Edited by hugopereira100
20 minutes ago, Pillsbury said:

Username: Audit Los Santos!
Comment: These wannabe cops are never good! The only thing they do is shoot down the innocent of the town! How is a 19 year old not a teenager!? Jesus, we mine as-well give guns to the prisoners in TTCF with the standards of G6.

Username: BackAgain338

Comment: You know G6 doesn't handle correctional duties inside, well, any county jail facility, right? 

1 hour ago, Tsarna said:

Username: ARepublican01

Comment: it is quite funny how the fact, that they entered restricted areas and attacked one of the guards, is left out by that poor "teenager" who is a fucking young adult already - 19 y.o. Teenagers are from 14/15 to 17 at most. Those shitty brats could not phantom the idea, that they were not allowed to ride their bikes there. 

And WHEN the attack took place, shooting was completely justified. How? Easy - to hinder that maniac in taking the other guards gun, which he probably wanted to steal and maybe even use. And he was shot in his leg, clearly in attempt to stop the assault, not to kill him. 

Follow the fucking rules, degenerates. Dont be like a certain idiot, who jumps over barricades and then gets his ass beaten and cries for mommah. 

Username: AnActualRepublican

Comment: Hi, lifelong registered Republican and active LEO here. You're an idiot. This isn't how a justified shooting works (hence why the guard is the one under arrest, not the kid) and if you believe the self-serving Gruppe 6 damage control narrative, I have a bridge to sell you. Neither myself nor my colleagues have anything nice to say about Gruppe 6. They have proven themselves a danger to the public and ought to be barred from operating in San Andreas.

• Upvote 1