Advertisement underbidding.

Bellagio

It is deeply annoying to get constantly spammed by the same/multiple people on a advertisement with constant underbidding.

If someone puts the starting bid at for example, 100K why would you bid 20K? It doesn't make sense and even after asking nicely multiple times they continue to do so to a point it becomes annoying. You can report for it all you want but action won't be taken.

Can this be enforced in the forums rules to avoid these random people completely derailing a thread with a useless post?

Do you know what I do? I write this: SYSTEM ERROR: You cannot place bids below the price set by the seller.

And if I put an ad I'lll put: The website doesn't allow bidding below the established value.

Some people think they are buying a damn a bag of chips or something when what they want to buy is a house or a car, it's laughable.

Edited by Jennie
  • 2 weeks later...

It is no longer an IC issue if the constant spam continues even after mentioning it.

I had to get multiple admins to step in in order for him to stop spamming the thread with useless posts, thus the reason why a forum rule that underbidding is forbidden would definitely not be a bad idea to avoid these kind of things.

Underbidding also happens IRL, and quite a lot - it’s definitely an IC issue here, and I don’t think it should be locked behind a rule.

As people already mentioned - just include a moderation line or something stating that offers lower than X can’t be posted. If anything, there’s also a ‘report’ button for the posts.

Just now, Pogis said:

Underbidding also happens IRL, and quite a lot - it’s definitely an IC issue here, and I don’t think it should be locked behind a rule.

As people already mentioned - just include a moderation line or something stating that offers lower than X can’t be posted. If anything, there’s also a ‘report’ button for the posts.

Which if you read, was mentioned that if it happens 5 times a day by the exact same person it starts to get annoying.

Even after mentioning it both IC & OOC

1 minute ago, Bellagio said:

Which if you read, was mentioned that if it happens 5 times a day by the exact same person it starts to get annoying.

So because of that single occasion, everyone should be banned from underbidding?

just use the report function on forums. And even if it happens by the exact same person and it happens more than once - it IS an IC issue. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/26/2021 at 10:30 AM, Bellagio said:

If this happens again, please contact me directly on the forums. I will handle the situation.

Going to L&A since this is an IC issue in itself. If you post that if the person under bids, that the post will get removed, report the post and the forum mod team will delete it.

• Wuhtah locked this topic