Every single house having an alarm

Stiggz

5 minutes ago, Petey said:

Screenshot_1365.png
Violent crime or not, people don't care whether it's in 'broad daylight' or not. 

The study you're citing actually shows the reverse. People do care about what they're caught committing in broad daylight - which is why more serious and violent crimes are reserved for... night time.

That was the explicitly stated conclusion of the study - further compounded by the exception being the weekend.

What changes between 2pm on a weekday and 2pm on a weekend?

More people are out and about.

The data you're citing is not showing what you're alleging it does unless you want to claim that criminals all have meetings on the weekends that keep them from committing crime.

Edited by Smilesville
10 minutes ago, Darcin said:

Not generalizing if it's an overwhelming majority.

Just because you might not doesn't mean the majority doesn't. 

So, you want everyone to scope out a person for days, plan it properly to get what... 5 dollars? I'm not talking about scriptwise profits. It's more of an IC issue if someone doesn't plan out their upcoming robberies properly, unless it's way over the top.

Edited by Petey
6 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

The study you're citing actually shows the reverse. People do care about what they're caught committing in broad daylight - which is why more serious and violent crimes are reserved for... night time.

That was the explicitly stated conclusion of the study - further compounded by the exception being the weekend.

What changes between 2pm on a weekday and 2pm on a weekend?

More people are out and about.

The data you're citing is not showing what you're alleging it does unless you want to claim that criminals all have meetings on the weekends that keep them from committing crime.

download_1.jpg

Just now, Petey said:

(I have no response so I'll post a cheeky picture instead.)

Hey, don't be mad at me. You played yourself.

Where's the violent crime in the quote you cited? "Simple assault" is threatening to punch someone, or slapping someone. Is that your excuse for robberies taking place in line of sight of the Mission Row PD? The fact of the matter is that the "broad daylight" argument makes sense if what we're going for is realism with regards to the way we play the game - but are we going for Heavy RP, or are we going for GTA Online Lite?

The ability to commit crimes without regard for the time of day or how densely populated an area would realistically be seems to indicate to me that we want GTA Online Lite. If that's the standard, and What You See Is What You Get, then so be it. That's how you get maxed out locks and alarms with nobody carrying anything for you to steal.

Mess with the alarms, and you'll have the return of car stashes as people flood their car inventories with all their property stuff right before a server reset. Stop them from doing that, and they won't bother owning anything you want to steal at all.

I mean, to restate the obvious. You played yourself.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Smilesville said:

The ability to commit crimes without regard for the time of day or how densely populated an area would realistically be seems to indicate to me that we want GTA Online Lite. If that's the standard, and What You See Is What You Get, then so be it. That's how you get maxed out locks and alarms with nobody carrying anything for you to steal.

Mess with the alarms, and you'll have the return of car stashes as people flood their car inventories with all their property stuff right before a server reset. Stop them from doing that, and they won't bother owning anything you want to steal at all.

I have no problem with people arming their houses like it's a zombie apocalypse game. 'The ability to commit crimes without regard for the time of day'. You do know that stuff like that happens in real life? So you're saying, anybody who roleplays a robbery without planning it out for days = bad roleplay? And I never played myself :).

Smilesville nailed it.

And again, you make this huge thing. "Want people to scope out for five days?"

No. I just want robberies to stop being in the middle of main roads and intersections. I want them to stop being on the beach or the biggest tourist attractions in the city. I want them to stop happening across the street from police or fire stations.

You know...make criminals actually give a shit about their own well being and safety.

And I want them to stop emoting they whipped a shotgun out of their damn pants leg when just moments ago they were walking and/or running up on their victim normally.

2 minutes ago, Darcin said:

No. I just want robberies to stop being in the middle of main roads and intersections. I want them to stop being on the beach or the biggest tourist attractions in the city. I want them to stop happening across the street from police or fire stations.

I can understand it being stupid when it's done near places like say... the Del Perro Pier.
Screenshot_1366.png
But I cannot take you seriously when you spit out such statements ^. Way to ruin your image.

2 minutes ago, Darcin said:

And I want them to stop emoting they whipped a shotgun out of their damn pants leg when just moments ago they were walking and/or running up on their victim normally.

If someone does that maybe you should try forum reporting instead of /thread.

Edited by Petey
2 minutes ago, Petey said:

Making a thread won't do anything when it comes to issues like that. You'll just have to keep on reporting ass-pullers like that, pardon my french.

This thread wasn't even made by my side of the argument buddy. Did you read the OP?

Edited by LICE
Sounded kinda hostile LMAO