Every single house having an alarm

Stiggz

1 hour ago, Martyn said:

Just going to quote Bospy here for the sake of argument: 

So, we are to roleplay what we see. And shouldn't pretend this city is anything other than how we actually perceive it. And we should roleplay accordingly to what we see. Now that we've got that established, lets have a look at what you see by driving through LS for an hour.

1. People getting robbed all the time.
  2. Insane amounts of gunfire, automatic weaponry used even.
  3. Business getting extorted by Tony Spaghettio and his crew on the regular.
  4. Peoples properties being lit on fire for not going along with demands.
  5. The streets are empty, there is nearly nobody around to witness a crime happening to call 911.
  6. Countless of other things you'll see that'll make any regular and healthy human being think twice before living in Los Santos.

Nobody in their right mind would live in Los Santos, if we were to take everything IC. But for the sake of argument, we'll just pretend we're on a battle royal island where there's no way out of the island so you're forced to stay here. (After all, this is what it comes down to)

You're damn right I'll have every inch of my property covered by alarms, security cameras. I'll have a whole arsenal of firearms in my house to blast the first person that attempts to break into my house. If I'm standing on the street and someone I don't know approaches me in a strange manner, I will have my finger on the dial 911 button right away. If I'm not carrying a firearm at the time, or else I'd have my hand wrapped around the handle with my finger on the trigger on the ready. 

My point is, we're being told we have to RP what we see. We can all see that in Los Santos we should declare martial law if we're to portray the city realistically. So you can expect players to adjust to this (In my opinion horrible) way of seeing things and prepare for the worst. Because the worst happens insanely frequently. This is a direct result of the community choosing "fun" over realism. Deal with it, you can't have it both ways.

Best post I have seen on the forums that perfectly describes everything that is going on in the server. Thank you for writing this.

It's legitimately the case of people adapting to the situation on hand within the city/county, why would you risk your property being broken into if you can just buy an alarm that will protect it? Why would you not buy vehicle alarms, locks or anti theft if everyone and their mother tries to break into cars just to see if there is some goods hidden inside? Why would you not carry a weapon if there is a 80% chance of being robbed while walking outside? So on and so on. 

Simple case of people adapting to the non stop crime that occurs within the city/county, if you want to break into a house, make sure its worth it, perhaps look into it somehow disabling the alarm, scout the property, gather intel, etc. I'm sure admins will play along and help you out if everything is done accordingly. Not sure about disabling the alarm scriptwise from admin standpoint, but I'm sure it can somehow be roleplayed and admins can forward it to the responding parties. Get creative and breaking into every house, expecting it to not have an alarm is the wrong way to go about it imo. 

Also for whoever said that professional alarm systems are expensive? They're not.

Look at SimpliSafe: https://simplisafe.com/home-security-system-fortress

This is the most expensive package with bunch of security equipment for 300-500 dollars and then you only pay 83 cents per day, that's less than 30 dollars a month for 24/7 third party monitoring and priority police dispatch.

In a city like LS? That would be the best investment in your life.

So personally speaking, I don't see any reason to have ridiculously expensive alarms cause they should not be.

17 minutes ago, Jennie said:

You have no choice when the crime is so high, this is how it would work in real life if you live under constant pressure.

Shit, you can't even be sunbathing on the beach without some mentally handicapped people coming to rob you in broad daylight.

So true LMAO

7 minutes ago, Invictus said:

I'm curious about a social experiment: have 2 items inside a property - one being some jewelry valued at 200k and the other one being an average pistol. Which one will be taken first?

definitely the gat because it comes with infinite ammo :^)

For the record, I'm not preaching the usual legal roleplayer narrative here. I roleplay both illegally and legally. Bospy's post should be followed by both the legal and illegal RPers. You are to take whatever happens in the city, ICly. This includes the whole "people are robbing for firearms". I've seen countless of reports where people get robbed, and it's CLEARLY just for the firearm (And people go unpunished, please call me out. I've got a list of reports that were resolved with no action taken in a notepad in case someone reports me IG or I have to defend myself on the forums. I'll happily obilige) . So legal roleplayers should also start adjusting to this. CCW's do NOT protect you from robberies. The robbery meta is: Point gun at victim first, if he withdraws his PF firearm? You'll dome him and he'll enjoy a nice CK and an ajail for failure to RP fear. Stop carrying firearms unless you think your character is actually /specifically/ being targeted. If everyone keeps carrying legal firearms, you're just making yourself a HUGE target. Same goes with properties, stop shoving guns in your houses. Once people realize you're a PF holder you can assume they'll know they can find at least a shotgun or a hunting rifle in your house. It's common sense. Find alternative ways to handle your business, because we're RPing exactly what we see. So respond to that appropriately. You can't use the "realism" card anymore. Bospy clearly said it, this is not your regular American city. This is a Brazilian favela x1000. 

I'm very, very sorry to say. But Bospy's post has just forced us to take this direction, there's no way around it. Any character living in Los Santos that fails to go through any type of firearm training, or responds properly by taking precaution by living in a crazy city like Los Santos should also be guilty of "failing to roleplay fear". If you do not fear your life 24/7 in Los Santos? You're Jason Bourne and you'll be scared of absolutely nothing. You'll walk around in Afghanistan like its a walk in the park.

Sorry boys, this is what it has boiled down to. Pick realism, or pick fun. Don't blame characters for adjusting to Los Santos standards. You simply cannot compare a civilian's behavior to any other civilian in any other city in real life. The administration team made a choice, fun over realism. Now go have some fun, and stay safe. I'm rooting for you. Secure the fuck out of your houses!

Edited by Martyn
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
14 minutes ago, Invictus said:

I'm curious about a social experiment: have 2 items inside a property - one being some jewelry valued at 200k and the other one being an average pistol. Which one will be taken first?

8 minutes ago, Daquan Kingston said:

The pistol because you can rob a hypothetically endless quantity of jewelry with it.

7 minutes ago, AlphaBatal said:

definitely the gat because it comes with infinite ammo :^)

Am I the only one that read the part about the jewelry being worth two hundred thousand dollars? The jewelry is the obvious choice.

Even if your fence is hella' cheap and gives you only half, that's two to three gats easy.

8 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Am I the only one that read the part about the jewelry being worth two hundred thousand dollars? The jewelry is the obvious choice.

Even if your fence is hella' cheap and gives you only half, that's two to three gats easy.

It's like that give a man a fish (jewelry) or give him a fishing rod (pistol) thing. We're long term robbers here sir.

Edit: Just kidding, I've never robbed somebody in this videogame & never will but I'm sure that people rob for the fun of it, not the value of it so there's your answer.

Edited by Daquan Kingston
2 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

It's the obvious choice but not on GTAW.

Edited by Jennie
22 minutes ago, Invictus said:

Whichever is found first by the burglar? Pretty easy question, don't know what you were trying to do here.