RE: Community & Mutual Respect

Nervous' statements regarding this pervasive problem is one of the best officially released documents in this servers history in my opinion.

I have the utmost faith in the new harassment reports so long as it's Nervous himself handling them as there's no greater qualified individual that holds public trust and a reputation for impartiality than him. I just hope this doesn't extend his workload beyond its reasonable limits as he is deserving of some downtime here and there.

I personally disagree with the claim that illegal and legal rp are doomed to inherent fighting, organizations like SD have made considerable strides in building rapport with illegal roleplayers both within the IFC and through their minute actions on a daily basis. I have faith that if other legal factions work with us to bridge that gap we can maintain a far more harmonious relationship in future.

Give us illegal rpers a chance, together we can all move forward.

• Upvote 1

Just to bring some more lights on harassment reports : They were already happening but in my PMs. It's more visible way to report now, that's all.

I always did my best to look for diplomacy and communication in solving these, as straight banning the reported player may lead to way worse harassment and that's not necessary the best solution. Most of the time people aren't necessarely malicious and didn't realize their actions were affecting the targeted player that much.

I'm also obviously checking evidence and versions on both sides.

It's very demotivating as a server owner to come online and see toxicity, hence why I really hope we can change this for the better. But seeing the good improvements already made by some of you I'm sure we can all do better very quick.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic