Discussion about Protests & Riots

Tseard

17 minutes ago, Shields said:

There were carbine rifles found during the search warrant raid of his property including ammunition for the them.

It's nonsensical roleplay AND poor character development and roleplay.

Lol... it’s obvious you’re unaware of what the protest was actually about and I suggest you read before you reply with some nonsense. The main slogan during the protest was #GunsDownTasersUp. It’s basically saying use your tasers and do your job accordingly instead of ending their lives, not about what they had in possession or in their apartments they NPC as their parents. Is everybody supposed to have a pair of parents in game to cater to their needs? The main goal of the protest was to peacefully march down Carson Avenue but we were interrupted and I suggest you read my other post about the background to the protest before you respond being extremely biased. 

FYI: Aidan never owned any rifled, merely two combat pistols that were untouched in the property. The raid you're talking about was on his other character and had nothing to do with Aidan.

Edited by the real trop
3 minutes ago, Shields said:

There were carbine rifles found during the search warrant raid of his property including ammunition for them.

It's nonsensical roleplay AND poor character development and portrayal.

I mean it sounds like you clearly have no idea what's going on in the illegal roleplay community and within the factions that reside in the Chamberlain Hills area. 

2 minutes ago, the real trop said:

Lol... it’s obvious you’re unaware of what the protest was actually about and I suggest you read before you reply with some nonsense. The main slogan during the protest was #GunsDownTasersUp. The main goal of the protest was to peacefully march down Carson Avenue but we were interrupted and I suggest you read my other post about the background to the protest before you respond being extremely biased. 

I don't frankly care about the context. The whole protest stemmed from what is frankly stupid and nonsensical roleplay.

The entire situation should have been banned and the protest roleplay should have not been permitted to continue.

Edited by Shields
9 minutes ago, Shields said:

I don't frankly care about the context. The whole protest stemmed from what is frankly stupid and nonsensical roleplay.

The entire situation should have been banned and the protest roleplay should have not been permitted to continue.

If you don’t care about the context then refrain from responding on the thread, my guy. You’re looking at it from your view and your view only, stop responding to a community thread and keep that shit to yourself.  Simply do what your fellow peers that didn't like the situation did and leave it alone ICly, everybody caught in the Mission Row situation were being dealt with ICly as well. They had the holding cells packed and shipped them off to TTCF in twin busses and they were dealt with accordingly.

Edited by the real trop

3 hours ago, Tseard said:

Frankly, I and others don't wish to participate in this kind of roleplay anymore.

Then quit IC, do exactly what cops are doing IRL and get transfer to a nice quiet post in the county. Maybe SD or Parks Rangers. I'm going to use my IRL police department, the MPD as an example. They weren't exactly happy when protesters burned down the third precinct and the mayor wouldn't let them bust heads. In response many quit, others took LOA's and the department as a whole started acting like a 8 year old having a tantrum. 

The ones who stayed? They just stopped doing their job. The police in Minneapolis hasn't been 'Defunded', actually they've been expanding to cover the recent resignations. But what they have been doing is purposely ignoring areas with high crime and violence and when community members ask why? They legitimately tell the public "Stop talking about defunding us and we'll do our job".

The problem I actually see isn't the protests, it's PD players not understanding who cops are. Guess what, the police aren't some moral crusaders who always do the right thing, they're douche bags who get into police work because it gives them power. Power they love to abuse. So frankly, when I hear PD players are upset or confused as to why this keeps happening? I think it's on you to really dive into the reality of police instead of the fantasy cop propaganda that gets shoved down our throats through TV and movies.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, TheTali said:

I mean it sounds like you clearly have no idea what's going on in the illegal roleplay community and within the factions that reside in the Chamberlain Hills area. 

What is evidently clear to me is if if the best the illegal roleplay community can offer are 16 year olds harbouring carbine rifles, rolling around shooting / murdering cops and committing endless crimes etc, then the illegal roleplay community really needs rethink out realistic character portrayal and how what is realistic and what is not realistic.

Complete nonsense.

9 minutes ago, Shields said:

you don’t care about the context or know the context then you call the context stupid. I know i’m not the only one thinking that you might be a little dense right now.

Just now, Shields said:

What is evidently clear to me is if if the best the illegal roleplay community can offer are 16 year olds harbouring carbine rifles, rolling around shooting / murdering cops and committing endless crimes etc, then the illegal roleplay community really needs rethink out realistic character portrayal and how what is realistic and what is not realistic.

Complete nonsense.

Once again, you have this character mixed up with someone else. I don't know what Carbine Rifles you're talking about. The most I had in any of my apartments was two combats, and 60 pistol ammo. 

1 minute ago, Shields said:

Complete nonsense.

You're acting as if a 16 year old having an assault rifle is a completely unrealistic thing in America. I'm not even gonna respond to the other points but you saying the whole illegal roleplay community needs to rethink our portrayal because Aidan Epps owned an assault rifle is "complete nonsense".