Discussion about Protests & Riots

Tseard

31 minutes ago, Daquan Kingston said:

It’s highly unrealistic and poor roleplay to have way more uniform cops than protesters. Ruins my immersion and willingness to participate.

My point exactly, the amount of uniformed cops that were present at the riot out numbered the protesters to about 2:1 if not 3:1. Everything went to shit ICLY, when a couple tortilla flats members escalated the situation by provoking the protestors by calling Aidan Epps (the kid who we were protesting over) a bunch of racial slurs. Which then led to a brawl in the alley, which led to two dead people when I believe a TF member(s) took it upon them selves to start shooting and stabbing the protestors. 

• Applaud 2
12 minutes ago, Tseard said:

That's what you make up and not what is said. I honestly don't know how a party can win in a riot, it's a lose-lose for all parties. I'm talking about all of the riots that have taken place and how they're always done without the least amount of roleplay. 

The fact that you see situations only as win-loss, win-win, loss-loss and such only confirms what "I made up".

Roleplaying is about storytelling, not about winning and losing. Is this riot one of the better/greatest stories to have ever been told on this platform? Probably not. Surely not. It's a story nonetheless.

This is a non issue.

Just now, SCANDALOUZ said:

The fact that you see situations only as win-loss, win-win, loss-loss and such only confirms what "I made up".

You're whining about an IC situation that you OOCly don't enjoy being in.

And, bare some gross stuff that's banned on the server, that's not cool.

I wasn't there, staff was, right? Riot wasn't /cancelled, right?

So... What's the problem?

I have stated in the thread that the discussion that I am started has nothing to do with winning. How can you even win a protest? I don't even know who you are on a OOC level and your statement of marking me as someone who only cares about wins or loses is flawed.  People who I am involved with know this. 

I suggest you to re-read the thread to go back to the point of it. An admin has even stated on this exact same thread that the administration need to be more strict on these kind of events due to the amount of rulebreaking. 

I really don’t see the big issue with IC protests/riots. It brings interesting roleplay for everybody involved, if you don’t agree with the protest icly? Gather a group of people with the same ideologies/beliefs as your character and get out there and spread your own message! At the end of the day it’s all roleplay, once people start looking at protests/riots as a roleplay opportunity instead of an inconvenience these events could be so much more fun.

• Applaud 1
11 minutes ago, Tseard said:

I have stated in the thread that the discussion that I am started has nothing to do with winning. How can you even win a protest? I don't even know who you are on a OOC level and your statement of marking me as someone who only cares about wins or loses is flawed.  People who I am involved with know this. 

I suggest you to re-read the thread to go back to the point of it. An admin has even stated on this exact same thread that the administration need to be more strict on these kind of events due to the amount of rulebreaking. 

You win a protest by inciting change, inspiring people, involving them and delivering their messages to the right ear. I do not expect people to ever realize that when the LSPD is being used as a butcher’s axe to crush them, as if Los Santos is North Korea, but the City Hall will face the IC consequences of a disappointing image of the state force.

1 hour ago, Daquan Kingston said:

It’s highly unrealistic and poor roleplay to have way more uniform cops than protesters. Ruins my immersion and willingness to participate.

get more of ur friends to create 2h playtime throwaways then

cant wait for everybody to close their eyes to the events of these protests and just let the good times roll

instead of introducing department policy, legislation and putting a foot down to show people that there's repercussions to tearing through a police station on throwaway characters (which i've been told by staff is a majority in the protests. people just wanna do stupid shit without staking a loss for what they're doing, i.e., losing their actual characters. protesters acting dumb as hell? yeah, those arent characters, those are throwaways, so its okay.

i mean, why does every protest turn into a riot, you think. mob mentality on a 4 hour alt with the ooc homies)