Discussion about Protests & Riots

Tseard

16 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

I can't really say as I wasn't there but there seems to be some sort of protest every other month that turns into violence against LEO's and in all honesty it's getting really, really old. Needs to be put to bed for a while imho

Or maybe we could keep it all IC and accept that reckless actions taken by LEO factions - justified or not - doesn't excuse them from realistic IC repercussions.

If everybody else has to play by the rules, so do LEO factions.

10 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Or maybe we could keep it all IC and accept that reckless actions taken by LEO factions - justified or not - doesn't excuse them from realistic IC repercussions.

If everybody else has to play by the rules, so do LEO factions.

Ah yes of course, keep it IC for as long as it's suitable to right? If you'd read my post you'd actually see I said there was more than likely a sufficient reason, not once did I say there wasn't I'm simply saying the protests are pure cringe. But there comes a point when protests happening frequently get old and boring to have to deal with every other week and you have to say, enough's enough you've had your fun with it.

13 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

But there comes a point when protests happening frequently get old and boring to have to deal with every other week and you have to say, enough's enough you've had your fun with it.

First it's every other month, now it's every other week? Please make up your mind, flip-flopping on your hyperboles combined with "I'm simply saying the protests are pure cringe" just gives me the impression you personally don't enjoy the RP so you feel it shouldn't happen, not that the protests/riots are overplayed. Hard to sympathize with what you're saying when your initial reasoning is a massive over-exaggeration in an attempt to justify your opinion.

The vast majority of LEO's enjoy the RP, the vast majority of protesters do too, it doesn't happen too often, that's a win in my book.

• Upvote 1

I literally watched the whole riot break down that day from my unmarked police cruiser. It was literally like a mob of like 20 to 30 people just running around South Central with minimal RP just trying to instigate a conflict with police after that initial shit show of a protest at Davis ended due to the heavy SD presence. From my side at least, it was incredibly stupid for law enforcement to suit up and show up in riot gear and helmets before at least assessing the situation and I feel as though their presence set the initial tone for the kind of conflict the civilians should expect. I believe that tone was a major contributor in what went down that day. 

I watched that whole group 20 to 30 stragglers/protesters  just sprint from Jamestown all the way to Mission Row station, enter it and immediate fuck shit up. SD runs right in alongside PD and beanbags the fuck out of everyone. I believe the ONLY REASON they went towards MRS is because they realized they WERE NOT being engaged by police in a violent confrontation simply for moving and pressing shift and decided to force law enforcements hand by attacking the one building they know will attract them. 

From the beginning of the protest till the point they were all beanbagged at MRS and on the floor would have been entirely acceptable RP in my eyes IF NOT FOR HALF OF THEM PGING THEIR INJURIES TO SPRINT PAST THE LINE OF TACTICAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AIMING RUBBER BULLET SHOTGUNS WITHOUT /MEING THE ENEVITABLE PHYSICAL CLASH WITH THEM. Like seriously, half of y'all might as well become NFL defensive linemen by how swiftly y'all were able to maneuver between that line towards those doors.

You can't call us salty or play to win when such a huge RP scene has this quality of RP being put out and we complain about it.  Especially considering that that other side complains even more regarding the typical/regular scenes where you're upset that we don't let you play your character like a protagonist in an action movie. This isn't some typical banger vs. LEO traffic stop shootout where the standards of RP are exactly that: "typical". This was an infrequent event that I believe more effort should have been put into because this entire situation could have entirely been one of the best things to happen on this server in a while if not for all this bullshit from both sides.

The more I think about it, the more "Why's" I get about this situation. "Why did they decide to go to THE MAIN station of the uninvolved agency instead of engaging with the responsible agency at the intended, advertised end of the protest?" "Why was the name of the victim being protested for not being screamed at the top of the lungs of the protestors?" "Why did a majority just get up and run instead of waiting for us to react to their roleplay?"

The more I think about these questions the more I start to come to the conclusion that maybe.....JUST MAYBE.....people are more inclined to troll when hidden within a large group of people; further emphasizing the need for more stringent RP standards for protests, even going as far as to treating them like terrorist attacks, requiring admin approval and supervision to engage in large scale protests of say more than 30-50 people.

This topic has existed for a little 6 days and opinions were posted from all over the community. I appreciate the honest comments from everyone that shared their vision on this subject. I think the general messages has been given about the subject and I will withheld from posting anymore on this topic. If there are people who still wish to provide their opinion, they are free to do so. If an admin wishes to lock this topic, that's fine with me as well.

I must say as a last reply that I am disappointed in some of the community their responses. Especially the ones that immediately painted me and others as ''play2win'' players or tell me that I'm a bad roleplayer and should invest more in the US law enforcement culture. I think it's unfair and unreasonable to base those allegations onto one topic or reply without actually getting to know me or my roleplay better. 

• Upvote 1