Discussion about Protests & Riots

Tseard

29 minutes ago, Shields said:

There were carbine rifles found during the search warrant raid of his property including ammunition for them.

It's nonsensical roleplay AND poor character development and portrayal.

Are you from the United States of America? You do understand that getting access to rifles in this country is easier than getting access to handguns right?

It was the most fun I've had on the server in months. A lot of planning went into the LSSD response to this and all of us enjoyed the event thoroughly. While something of that caliber may not have happened literally in real life, as previously said, an entire neighborhood in Seattle (including the Police Station) was taken over for weeks during the summer protests last year. What happened here isn't too far of a fetch.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, arrdef said:

Isn't people showing up at protests with the sole and overt intent to start shit pretty extremely realistic?

Having been at the protest myself on the SD side, I loved the agitator roleplay some members of the protesting party had. It was very enjoyable for everyone involved, I believe.

26 minutes ago, Henning said:

Then quit IC, do exactly what cops are doing IRL and get transfer to a nice quiet post in the county. Maybe SD or Parks Rangers. I'm going to use my IRL police department, the MPD as an example. They weren't exactly happy when protesters burned down the third precinct and the mayor wouldn't let them bust heads. In response many quit, others took LOA's and the department as a whole started acting like a 8 year old having a tantrum. 

The ones who stayed? They just stopped doing their job. The police in Minneapolis hasn't been 'Defunded', actually they've been expanding to cover the recent resignations. But what they have been doing is purposely ignoring areas with high crime and violence and when community members ask why? They legitimately tell the public "Stop talking about defunding us and we'll do our job".

I think it was Seattle or a large west coast city had a wave of blue flu during some of the protests where a large portion of them called out at once and left calls unanswered for an entire night.

There are also cases of retired on duty, where cops sit in a parking lot doing the bare minimum so they don’t become the next national headline. 

I wasn't able to be present for most of the protest, however, I enjoyed the last 40 or so minutes I was able to be present for. The roleplay and general atmosphere of the entire event was pretty entertaining. Overall, it was a nice change of pace from the regular programming. Personally, I don't really see an issue with such events taking place as long as they aren't frequent, which they aren't.

1 minute ago, Westen said:

I think it was Seattle or a large west coast city had a wave of blue flu during some of the protests where a large portion of them called out at once and left calls unanswered for an entire night.

There are also cases of retired on duty, where cops sit in a parking lot doing the bare minimum so they don’t become the next national headline. 

170 officers called out sick following charges in Rayshard Brooks case (ajc.com)

• Upvote 1