Discussion about Protests & Riots

Tseard

20 minutes ago, Shields said:

There were carbine rifles found during the search warrant raid of his property including ammunition for them.

It's nonsensical roleplay AND poor character development and portrayal.

Allow me to quickly interject and point out the fact the situation was nearly voided but I was approached, as the individual representing the law enforcement response at the time (the LSPD was not fully involved yet) and asked if I actually wanted the situation voided. I declined the offer and thus we chose to let the event continue, seeing the majority of the people involved really enjoyed it.

4 minutes ago, Shields said:

What is evidently clear to me is if if the best the illegal roleplay community can offer are 16 year olds harbouring carbine rifles, rolling around shooting / murdering cops and committing endless crimes etc, then the illegal roleplay community really needs rethink out realistic character portrayal and how what is realistic and what is not realistic.

Complete nonsense.

Please read Nervous' latest announcement and try to either identify those you are arguing against or stop arguing. Using 'the illegal community' to just fling shit at every illegal roleplayer will not be considered a valid way of arguing the same way we will not accept people blaming the LSPD or any other faction for one individual's actions. This has to stop.

Edited by lambchops
7 minutes ago, BeanTownBaby12 said:

I couldn't agree with you more. I still can't just get my hand on the fact on how @Sufiwas banned for creating RP, it was all fine in my opinion when the officers created the line, some trolls do their things but when it really got out of hand is when Tortilla Flats and another faction began screaming "Fuck Aidan Epps, Smoking on his pack" Which then resulted into that faction pulling out knives, even showing that them saying "Anyone who ain't TF kick em out, do whatever it takes"..But this is WHAT I heard to be honest with you. But  what sufi said in this topic is true, he personally borrowed MY screen for the purpose to show that the Epps  did have a parent, Nadia Epps. I don't get how that's MG. if I'm wrong then someone correct me.

Everything was pretty much perfect until the knives and handgun started to go to play, that's when everything fell down but if it wasn't for  that knife fight playing out, I feel like this protest was going to go fine and not escalate to the place last night. Plus as you know Trolls follow any emotion, if you see a group of people fighting each other and dying, they will copy it.

In conclusion I do think protests alright, you just need the right group and the right cause. This had the right cause and led by the right group, in the early acts it shows that we did group up and warn everyone NOT to riot or do anything, I can even include a screen for you aswell. But when you have other people saying "Fuck Aidan Epps" and trolls copying that energy which led to fight, I mean...why would you blame @Sufior anyone else who were rping and following the rules.

Thank you and others for providing more context to what has happened early morning and for pointing out when and what went wrong at it. As I said earlier on this thread, I am completely fine with protests being held for rightful causes and promote everyone do to that. It's only interacting and really shows the bonding people do. 

What causes protests to turn into riots and takes away enjoyment is when trolls, throw away characters and people completely unrelated to the event to show up and behave in a way that's just to incite violence. As said on this thread by an administrator, riots just need more supervision to ensure it doesn't just end up into one big ball of violence, caused by a couple of people with the sheer intention to cause violence. 

Completely disagree with the sentiment expressed in the first post on this topic. Riots resulting from police action have actually been fairly common the past couple of years here in the US, even in my area we have had police stations and even unrelated public safety institutions like fire stations and ambulance providers attacked. 

The people here complaining that we never have a truly peaceful protest are literally expressing -the exact- same complaint so many people have about these events IRL. None of what has happened is unrealistic, not every day is going to be a good day for any faction and the LEO factions are no exception. 

It’s my understanding though a lot of cops enjoyed responding though, something a little different.

The fact MRS got attacked is 100% realistic (Hell, in Seattle a station got completely taken over and occupied) and LSPD has multiple stations, so even if they wanted to roleplay losing MRS temporarily, that’s doable. That isn’t the case however, they can roleplay having a smashed up lobby for awhile.

Point is, what happened with protests evolving to riots is realistic, what happened to MRS is realistic. This post really comes across poorly and sends the message that “We don’t like to lose”, when other factions, like the illegal ones, lose every day at the expense of LSPD and LSSD. The LEOs can take one for the team this time around and take the loss at the expense of others in the community.

• Applaud 1
6 minutes ago, arrdef said:

Isn't people showing up at protests with the sole and overt intent to start shit pretty extremely realistic?

Agitators have been a massive issue at protests IRL and I’ve seen them myself.

Edit: Initially read that as “unrealistic”

Edited by TheSenate
  • Upvote 1