Discussion about Protests & Riots

Tseard

50 minutes ago, Tseard said:

I truly hope there will be some kind of intervention by the management of GTAW to stop these ridiculous event's happening every few months

unless rule breaking is involved, admins should stay away from interfering with ic events. 

A big issue with riots - maybe not the more recent ones, but definitely the ones last year - is people creating throwaway characters to get people in trouble. I remember the riots at the city hall, I CKed three people in one riot. Why? Because they scriptwise went down to a baton strike and did /me dies.

Is there any way for admins to check throwaway characters?

1 minute ago, BjornV said:

When people start storming crime-free zones then there's definitely rulebreaking involved.

i mean this happened last year, when a fire station was particially burned down and it had to close for a few months, admins didn't seem to mind that. then there was riots at the city hall, no cares given. 

I was there last night as someone in LSSD. It was fine for the most part, your average amount of trolls but that is to be expected. 

I'm more concerned about having large scale events be scaled back due to all the issues the server/rage has with streaming textures. It's always a complete nightmare. A majority of us last night couldn't see entire blocks around the area because nothing loaded. Uniforms wouldn't load in, people wouldn't load in.

Someone threw a script molotov at a Deputy and half the faction at the event didn't even react to it because we couldn't see it. 

Fix the streaming issues first before we care about what's realistic or not.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Smith said:

I was there last night as someone in LSSD. It was fine for the most part, your average amount of trolls but that is to be expected. 

I'm more concerned about having large scale events be scaled back due to all the issues the server/rage has with streaming textures. It's always a complete nightmare. A majority of us last night couldn't see entire blocks around the area because nothing loaded. Uniforms wouldn't load in, people wouldn't load in.

Someone threw a script molotov at a Deputy and half the faction at the event didn't even react to it because we couldn't see it. 

Fix the streaming issues first before we care about what's realistic or not.

It's the police lights and sirens that ruin peoples textures.