What's your reason for driving cars from Pimp My Ride?

Bingoliath

On 6/19/2021 at 2:46 AM, Koko said:

Prices on the server are wack.

If we have to take dealership prices IC (and there's no real reason not to as cars have some of the most stable prices in GTAW because there's no wear & tear through use and base price stays constant) I honestly don't blame the people who take a middle range sports car over a middle range sedan/coupe despite what would make sense.

You also don't for the most part have people RPing families or needing a spacious car because for the most part unless you're riding 4 deep in the hood a 2 seater is just fine.

We need more usable cars in the 20k to 100k range.

This, man. I have a Recursion on a character of mine that is nowhere near rich IC. The car on the server costs seventy grand. Nobody's going to force me to roleplay a mid-range sports car that's almost 30 years old as something that's almost a hundred large. No way.

(You can get a Dodge Stealth nowadays for under $15000.)

Edited by Dom.
On 6/19/2021 at 8:46 AM, Koko said:

Prices on the server are wack.

If we have to take dealership prices IC (and there's no real reason not to as cars have some of the most stable prices in GTAW because there's no wear & tear through use and base price stays constant) I honestly don't blame the people who take a middle range sports car over a middle range sedan/coupe despite what would make sense.

You also don't for the most part have people RPing families or needing a spacious car because for the most part unless you're riding 4 deep in the hood a 2 seater is just fine.

We need more usable cars in the 20k to 100k range.

They're wack because of a few reasons;

• We can not and/or are not properly simulating downsides of owning vehicles
  • Vehicles don't age realistically
  • Players approach owning cars different in game than they do in the real world
  • Vehicles are in infinite supply

For all the above, vehicle prices are adjusted in order to compensate for this. You could buy an older model Porsche sports car in real life for a decent price, but most people wouldn't because they are prohibitively expensive to maintain, more unreliable compared to modern vehicles, and not very practical. However, in GTAW/GTA5, they have a good base performance, look cool, and that's all players care about.

Edited by mj2002
1 hour ago, mj2002 said:

For all the above, vehicle prices are adjusted in order to compensate for this. You could buy an older model Porsche sports car in real life for a decent price, but most people wouldn't because they are prohibitively expensive to maintain, more unreliable compared to modern vehicles, and not very practical. However, in GTAW/GTA5, they have a good base performance, look cool, and that's all players care about.

But what of the players that actually roleplay around vehicles realistically? Those who go further than the script to accurately roleplay vehicle ownership and age? Why are we expected to roleplay the cringey aspects of script vehicle ownership? It feels weird.

1 hour ago, mj2002 said:

No, they are wack for the reason we all know, and it's because the prices have been decided by a single person and have been decided randomly based on whether he likes the vehicle or not, I still keep wondering why the Komoda (Alfa Romeo Giulia) costs 150k and a 1993 Eclipse (Penumbra FF) costs just like a modern Coquette (Corvette).

It's all explained here, on my suggestion: Lower the price of some vehicles. - Archive - GTA World Forums - GTA V Heavy Roleplay Server

And in case you don't want to read it, no, the Penumbra FF is not OP, it's even worse than the Komoda and the Coquette, and its handling is horrible, and doesn't look better than those two cars, and this is an example as I could give many others, including US cars, EU cars, not only JDM cars, I'm saying this in case the anti-JDM army comes to quote me.

What is happening here is we only want realism for certain things and not for others, nor do I ask that the prices be like those in real life or that they be excessively cheap, what I ask is that there be a minimum of coherence when putting the prices of the vehicles, which I think is not that difficult.

And no, it doesn't help me that we can decide if the vehicle is cheap speaking of realism even if it costs 150K on the server, because then the Staff comes to force us to sell said vehicles because according to them, it is unrealistic that my character has 5 shitboxes when my character could easily keep them, all this because those 5 shitboxes cost almost 100k each.

Edited by BigSmileLing
  • Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic