Is it possible to have a functional stock market???

Darex567

Most Businesses don’t last long enough or persist long enough for them to hold value on a stock market nor (because of their low cost), do they require investment to start up because everyone is so wealthy.

We have a communist economy where price limits are enforced OOCly on players. 

A stock market can not exist while these restrictions are enforced.

Youre alternative would be to create a clone of the real stock market and let people bet on that but tbh, when people win, where is the money coming from because if the answer is that cash is created from out of thin air, it’s a huge no from me.

Its not that it’s a bad idea btw, just that under the current state of the economy, it’s entirely implausible.

Edited by Alyssa McCarthy
  • Upvote 1

HEY GUYS WE'RE THE FIRST CRindex.png.555fd3423c6f59eae89da5bd58dad44b.pngYPTOCURRENCY COMMUNITY IN LOS SANTOS, LET'S GET DOGECOIN TO THE MOON! LEARN CRPYTO THROUGH OUR COURSES AND INVEST.

NOT A SCAM

ਇੱਕ ਘੁਟਾਲਾ

red_arrow_PNG1.thumb.png.e745210e963e6626832b63c859f49120.png/banktransfer 1500000 Ravi Punjabi 12355579.thumb.png.f7d28f00c6b4d715b8c10aa2847d6a87.png12355579.thumb.png.f7d28f00c6b4d715b8c10aa2847d6a87.png12355579.thumb.png.f7d28f00c6b4d715b8c10aa2847d6a87.png12355579.thumb.png.f7d28f00c6b4d715b8c10aa2847d6a87.png12355579.thumb.png.f7d28f00c6b4d715b8c10aa2847d6a87.png12355579.thumb.png.f7d28f00c6b4d715b8c10aa2847d6a87.pngTO BECOME A CRYPTO MILLIONAIRE

JOHN SMITH,

CERTIFIED BITCOIN EXPERT

51GRFeuh4mL._AC_.jpg

Edited by meltcity

For the, uhh, reasons stated in the post preceding this one:

1. Could it happen? It's not strictly outside the realm of possibility. The infrastructure is there.
  2. Will it happen? No. Fraud is too easy, businesses don't actually need capital once they've started up, and they can vanish overnight for OOC reasons that would be difficult to mesh with the idea of investors.

The stock market isn't random; implementing a system of random ups and downs will only exacerbate the money problems we already have, so that's out.

Developing systems to invest in businesses is out, considering lack of recourse for fraud will lead to stagnation.

I just don't see it happening.

10 hours ago, -CASE- said:

This kind of covers it already.

Players could start one, or the staff could. Either way it'd be a tremendous amount of work for something that might just crumble to pieces, shao actually said something that is probably the most viable, if one was to be made which could be a emulation stock market where the prices just move and it doesn't have to correlate off of anything in the state of the server.

Makes me think of something like Mafia Returns (which is just a browser game) where they have a drug market and the prices just bounce around and it's on players to watch to make sure they cash out properly, You're also limited (via rank/progress) to how much you can pick up.. Flip this to stocks and I don't see why we couldn't have one although it would need to be really fleshed out to stop people from just making very easy bank.

Just my two cents, interesting idea.

in 2017 a group of us screwed around with mining to see how the prices shifted and how it worked and if i remember right, along with nervous's confirmation it went just as you'd expect - the more that one material got sold, the less it paid out per piece, and if one material was sold, the other two materials increased in payout, i have no idea whether this is still in the server

so hypothetically if share trading was added, by default prices could jump around randomly to get the ball rolling, but then be further affected at a consistent rate by player input just as it works in reality (more buyers make the prices rise, more sellers make them drop)

• Wuhtah locked this topic