EURO 2020

After reflecting on how the behaviour of some of the English fans before the Euro final and after, as a nation, we do not deserve the joys and delirium of winning a major international competition. I think that the team deserved the win, I feel that they should have won especially with the amount of graft they have put in. But as a nation? We do not deserve football to come home. The fact that several members of our fanbase have been racially abusive to Sancho, Saka and Rashford is appalling because they missed a penalty? Some people need to realise that this has been the first final England have reached since the '66 World Cup. We've reached the final and a semi final in the past two international tournaments back-to-back which is amazing. England's "Golden Era" we had the likes of Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard, Owen ,Scholes ect all in their prime, we SHOULD have won something, but we struggled to get past the quarters. As a football team, England have the foundations for success, the talent both in the starting 11 and on the bench is incredible. World Cup 2022 - it's coming home. 

On 7/13/2021 at 1:00 PM, Karlton said:

After reflecting on how the behaviour of some of the English fans before the Euro final and after, as a nation, we do not deserve the joys and delirium of winning a major international competition. I think that the team deserved the win, I feel that they should have won especially with the amount of graft they have put in. But as a nation? We do not deserve football to come home. The fact that several members of our fanbase have been racially abusive to Sancho, Saka and Rashford is appalling because they missed a penalty? Some people need to realise that this has been the first final England have reached since the '66 World Cup. We've reached the final and a semi final in the past two international tournaments back-to-back which is amazing. England's "Golden Era" we had the likes of Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard, Owen ,Scholes ect all in their prime, we SHOULD have won something, but we struggled to get past the quarters. As a football team, England have the foundations for success, the talent both in the starting 11 and on the bench is incredible. World Cup 2022 - it's coming home. 

Matter of fact, I don't get why they allowed them to represent England in first place. Why don't they protest in the federation doors about foreign players wearing the three lions shirts and representing them, but only bitch about it when they lose? Can you tell me more about the stand of these fans in regard to the whole "mercenary" players being allowed/invited in the English team? In my country's national team there have been several players who have offered to play if they were given citizenship, but we have always turned them down because we believe that the national team should have players of Albanian blood, and Albanian blood only. I have seen this happening in England since forever though, with many cases of Welsh or Irish players so it is not about racism to me.

I cannot feel proud, or even imagine an Italian player for example to be playing for our team. I would never accept it. I'd rather have them struggle to enter the EUROs rather than accomplish things with foreigners.

Edited by Daquan Kingston
3 hours ago, Daquan Kingston said:

Matter of fact, I don't get why they allowed them to represent England in first place. Why don't they protest in the federation doors about foreign players wearing the three lions shirts and representing them, but only bitch about it when they lose? Can you tell me more about the stand of these fans in regard to the whole "mercenary" players being allowed/invited in the English team? In my country's national team there have been several players who have offered to play if they were given citizenship, but we have always turned them down because we believe that the national team should have players of Albanian blood, and Albanian blood only. I have seen this happening in England since forever though, with many cases of Welsh or Irish players so it is not about racism to me.

I cannot feel proud, or even imagine an Italian player for example to be playing for our team. I would never accept it. I'd rather have them struggle to enter the EUROs rather than accomplish things with foreigners.

I don't see an issue with the likes of Rashford, Sancho or Saka playing for England. They ARE English, just because their heritage or background is of a different nationality doesn't take away the fact that they're English. They were born in England and they hold English values as they've grown up from birth in this country. They've all represented England since they were in the U18's/U21's national teams. Jesus, using this idea, if it was anyone who shouldn't be playing for England it's Declan Rice because he played for the Irish national team from their youth to their senior squad. Not only that, half of the England squad shouldn't play for England. Without players with at least one parent or grandparent born overseas, England would be down to just 3 players- Stones, Shaw and Pickford. They're the only English players at the euros with "English blood". If anything, regardless of their colour of skin, Rashford, Sancho and Saka have more legitimacy playing for England than some of the "white English" players on the squad. So we shouldn't assume that  they aren't English because of the colour of their skin. I'm the whitest person going but I could be 12% Kenyan for all you know, so would that mean I can't play for England if my parents are English, my grandparents are English? I agree with what you're saying that, it isn't racist. But what I was referring to the hateful messages that has been sent on Twitter and Instagram referring to the lads as monkeys and N*****.. That's racist and there's no place for it in this world. If we win we do it together, if we fall we do it to that together as well. 

Edited by Karlton
2 hours ago, Karlton said:

I don't see an issue with the likes of Rashford, Sancho or Saka playing for England. They ARE English, just because their heritage or background is of a different nationality doesn't take away the fact that they're English. They were born in England and they hold English values as they've grown up from birth in this country. They've all represented England since they were in the U18's/U21's national teams. Jesus, using this idea, if it was anyone who shouldn't be playing for England it's Declan Rice because he played for the Irish national team from their youth to their senior squad. Not only that, half of the England squad shouldn't play for England. Without players with at least one parent or grandparent born overseas, England would be down to just 3 players- Stones, Shaw and Pickford. They're the only English players at the euros with "English blood". If anything, regardless of their colour of skin, Rashford, Sancho and Saka have more legitimacy playing for England than some of the "white English" players on the squad. So we shouldn't assume that  they aren't English because of the colour of their skin. I'm the whitest person going but I could be 12% Kenyan for all you know, so would that mean I can't play for England if my parents are English, my grandparents are English? I agree with what you're saying that, it isn't racist. But what I was referring to the hateful messages that has been sent on Twitter and Instagram referring to the lads as monkeys and N*****.. That's racist and there's no place for it in this world. If we win we do it together, if we fall we do it to that together as well. 

I very much agree with most of what you've written, but nationality is blood, not birth place or citizenship or residence. Neither cultural assimilation. Football Federations are by-passing prestige to gain players & boost their marketing, instead of putting up a proud team that represents the nation. To be honest with you, Saka should be ashamed for not playing for Nigeria, not ashamed for disappointing England. If anyone has the right to be mad at him, is the Nigerian people not the English. Those are the ones who have lost a talent without personality, the English have earned it.

EDIT: Same could be said for the rest of the players who do not represent their blood, but their residence.

Edited by Daquan Kingston
  • Wuhtah locked this topic