EURO 2020

All I can say is that I'm overhyped that this pandemic finally get to see some arenas hopefully getting half-filled at the end of this thing.

We all know what team is going to take it home in the final against France.'

vt32GPa.jpeg

edit:

Sorry English folk, but it's not coming home.

Edited by Glenn.
4 minutes ago, br4ndon said:

it was too obvious lol

For real, Insigne is in top form and so is Barella with Chiesa who can always be used in the future to help with those forward runs and build up, but I think Italy's real test will be when they are against a stronger team, because I fear that their midfield will then struggle to help their backline with defensive work, and still have the clarity & strength to build forward, but this is definitely a good & solid start. Also, in competitions like this defenses win games, and Italy sure has that in the backline and Dunnarumma on the goal.

Italy's game was basically on point. Turkey was playing defensive and tried to hold it down there, but shit, that's how it went.

We already see great saves too. Ward definitely carried through Wales, even if some of the shots were offside (one of which didn't count as a goal, fortunately). It was a great game to watch. Going to keep an eye on Finland as they go up in their first match. Yes, we beat them as Estonians 1-0 but there's much more to come hopefully and we'll see how they've bettered their team from that match.

Oh and yeah, my prediction is to either give it to France or Italy. Two astonishing sides with very good balanced teams (sure, France is more balanced, but Italy is worth a good shout). Something Italy lacks in is maybe their midfield, but their defense and attack are definitely on point and on par with what France has to show now.

Damn, this has me shivering. I would've never expected this to happen. I might support other teams, but today it's literally example of how soccer can turn from a fun game to watch to something very tragic. Pray for Eriksen, hopefully he'll be fine. Pray for everyone in his team, coaches, players, his family and everyone. Keep it positive, people. He'll make it out. With the medical equipment the world has, it'll hopefully end up being enough.

The game was going really good, Pukki had his chances, Denmark's whole team had perfect click, but this just shows what it's really about. Football is not a game, today that was proven. It's much more. 

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic