Separate rules on Custom & GTA:O Interior Prices.

I have searched. I couldn't find anything about this, so I'm gonna make the suggestion myself. (Please do link if there is a similar one).

I think that there should be separate rules on Custom & GTA:O Interior pricing, when it comes to selling properties. In general many players buy GTA:O interior apartments and flip them for a lot more + fast cash, 2 weeks after purchase, when they're allowed to sell. 

I think GTA:O Interiors buyout should be changed to a max of 1.5x MP + Furniture. Instead of 3x + Furniture. 

It's beyond lame to see a $80.000MP apartment, with a standard lower class, GTA:O Interior, being put up at buyouts at $240.000. 

And same goes for the amount of time on the "auctions". As it seems that many people don't really auction off their properties, before they get a bid that is somewhat high enough for their greedy minds to accept and finally start the initial countdown of 48, 24 or 12 hours.

I would greatly appreciate if this would be discussed and enforced in a near future.

Edited by Jauss
17 minutes ago, Jauss said:

I think that there should be separate rules on Custom & GTA:O Interior pricing, when it comes to selling properties. In general many players buy GTA:O interior apartments and flip them for a lot more + fast cash, 2 weeks after purchase, when they're allowed to sell. 

This is considered property flipping. Wether its been 2 weeks or not, buying it just to sell it after 2 weeks for a profit is property flipping, which is not allowed.

1 hour ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

This is considered property flipping. Wether its been 2 weeks or not, buying it just to sell it after 2 weeks for a profit is property flipping, which is not allowed.

As you are right, I still think the property rules should be easier to find, as there also seem to be various people mapping, who doesn't follow the rules... 

But regardless of property flipping. I still think it should be regulated and changed to 1.5x Because there is not a lot of realism in a property exceeding 2x or 3x increased value, without any changes/modifications to said property. At least not without many decades gone by. Inflation and increasing location value is a thing, indeed. But a 2-3x increase within a month, is definitely not a portrait of realism in my book.

The high prices on "standard" GTAO interior properties is more often the location of said property rather than the interior at hand. More than often, simple vanilla apartments are sold at around or below market price unless the factor location makes it interesting.

It also seems unfair for those unable to create a fully custom interior and those creating a modified version of standard interiors to be treated lower on the free market with a 1.5 multiplier on MP opposed to a x3 multiplier.

On 6/10/2021 at 12:28 PM, Jauss said:

And same goes for the amount of time on the "auctions". As it seems that many people don't really auction off their properties, before they get a bid that is somewhat high enough for their greedy minds to accept and finally start the initial countdown of 48, 24 or 12 hours.

I agree with the rest but I can't see the issue highlighted in this snippet. It's perfectly normal for a home owner to want to get the most for their properties. Having people sell a $200,000 property for $100,000 would be, if anything, unrealistic. 

1 minute ago, Entity said:

I agree with the rest but I can't see the issue highlighted in this snippet. It's perfectly normal for a home owner to want to get the most for their properties. Having people sell a $200,000 property for $100,000 would be, if anything, unrealistic. 

I agree. But then don't auction it. Then it's for sale. And not up for auction. 

Just now, Jauss said:

I agree. But then don't auction it. Then it's for sale. And not up for auction. 

It's true that people misuse the word 'auction', 99% of the listing are sales. I've never seen an actual auction on GTA World.

I think this is just semantics though. There's a point to using structures like 'starting bid' and 'buyout' and such - people will be more open to negotiating. 

Just now, Entity said:

It's true that people misuse the word 'auction', 99% of the listing are sales. I've never seen an actual auction on GTA World.

I think this is just semantics though. There's a point to using structures like 'starting bid' and 'buyout' and such - people will be more open to negotiating. 

True