change the server's economy system

Clout

I'd say a lot of people already know what I'm talking about. I'll make this short and sum it up: 

You've got people making 10k, 6k, 4k offa hour jobs in bars n clubs. RPing that ICly and actually talking about it "I'm doing night shifts, yeah, I get around six grand." is nothing other than borderline cringy. See, I'm all up for flexibility and all that, but talking about US dollars like that is just weird as fuck. It's not exclusive to paychecks. It's cars too and small things like event purchases, like food at a diner, beer at a bar. I'm not a club/bar guy but the one or two times I've visited them, I was asked to pay 100 dollars for a drink completely ICly and you get the point. You can't take yourself seriously typing a /me pulls out his wallet and pays John 100 for his beer. 

What can you do? Look into simple price labels on products around restaurants and clubs, enforce a rule or two about it so the whatever-it-is team doesn't end up going around every single business n its owner on the map for this. Simply educate the owners on it via a forum rule and a discord tag...That also involves paychecks for part-time workers, instead of paying them whatever they're getting rn, decrease it by 40 60 percent and following that, a change in car prices, weapon prices and entry fees, if entry fees do exist, I've not paid attention to that. Some things are pretty much on point and some aren't at all, makes it unbalanced. 

Edited by Clout

There's too much money on the server right now, you would need a lot of money sinks to fix it to an realistic amount. All I want is some definition that would say in what state is the economy ICly so not everyone makes it up on the spot as you go and each time differently so its hard to bring immersion in regards to money RP right now.

Some say money is an OOC asset and to RP it to your character accordingly. But since everyone is using money to RP and everyone is defining it differently its hard to find common grounds and immersion in all of it.

The economy is currently the servers biggest problem I agree.

Edited by Rasta

My go to is RPing hundreds as tens, thousands as hundreds, etc etc etc. I agree with this fully, I'm sorry but I'm not paying seven hundred dollars to get into a club no matter how good it is. Seventy bucks? Sure. But 700? Makes no sense lol

Edited by PeopleKind

Seeing as advanced as the server is right now, changing the economy doesn't seem possible.

Paychecks are fucked up, but so are the prices. The economy is not 1:1 realistic, but it is averagely consisten-ish. Maybe a few tweaks would be needed, but redo it is useless.

Remember that we're there to have fun too, nobody wants to take a loan that'll force you to grind X weeks just to get it when you could be doing something else and actually enjoy the RP

• Upvote 1

Another thread where players that aren't qualified to posit their ideas suggest non-solutions. Sweet.

Changing the denominations or how you roleplay larger sums will not fix anything.

Wiping the economy or otherwise removing wealth from the server through administrative action will not fix anything.

Pretending that cash is a wholly OOC asset when it is a requirement to facilitate most types of roleplay will not fix anything.

The server currently has a surplus of cash but next to no cash flow due to a stagnant property market and next to nothing in terms of products, services, or taxation. Removing OOC caps and putting in place a system whereby property owners (yes, that includes businesses) are charged periodically based on property size and area will do some good towards fixing the real issues. Balanced price adjustment will follow soon enough.

• mj2002 locked this topic