ATF (Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms) Like Agency

12 hours ago, Invictus said:

I'd love to see more local/federal agencies since only 2 major leo factions are not enough for 900 players, 20 scenes and 50 calls.

The main reason behind that is because players are getting double faction perms in other factions / have other characters which takes away time from them focusing on one character and one faction. There needs to be a server wide rule not to allow double faction perms for law enforcement factions simple as that.

Killing ATF agents is not death matching or unreasonable. It's merely upholding the sanctity of our republic and our constitutional rights through legal means as dictated in the constitution's second amendment. Sic Semper Tyrannis (In GTAW, of course).

7oIMaci.png

• Upvote 1

I just bought a dog with World Points and I've grown attached to him, let's not. 

But in all seriousness, there is no need for more niche law enforcement factions and all they do is muddy the waters and cause significant issues when it comes to illegal factions when they have a half dozen different LEO factions interacting with them simultaneously as each strives to leave their niche and maintain relevance. (I'm saying this as a niche LEO faction leader.) When quality control is centralized to a few factions you're able to ensure that these mini-factions aren't powergaming or playing to win, essentially screwing illegal RP over for the masses. And it's easier to replace me or the police chief if we're condoning these shit attitudes towards roleplay than find a suitable leader in 3-4 mini LEO factions. I just finished advocating for an illegal faction for the better part of a week after they were screwed over by a legal roleplayer outside of PD/SD who used their authority to essentially shut down a faction to get OOC revenge on them for taking out their illegal faction. I know having a bevy of federal, state, and local law enforcement realistic in an American context but it simply doesn't work because nearly every time it happens it's the illegal community that gets screwed.

Edited by Jonesy
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

Indifferent.

I like the idea of having an LEO faction specialized into something. SFM for example is the best LEO faction when it comes to Fire Code, Wildfire and so on. SAPR when it comes to parks, forests and its surrounding areas as well as enforcing the hunting/fishing act.

But, creating another LEO faction might cause more issues with existing LEO factions as they could overlap their jurisdictions and investigations with each other. Not cool.