ATF (Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms) Like Agency

2 minutes ago, joaoivis said:

+1, BTW the GTA V Lore uses the term WTF for the ATF. Yes we need a federal agency here and it will enhance roleplay further more and keep detectives doing real detective work instead of being FBI and LSPD at the same time.

Exactly, I'm suggesting balancing out of duties and roles. If there is a duty that doesn't seem to fit a task force, create one internally and recruit from within. Doing this will let each unit/department/faction focus on their specific task. This way, it's not a handful of Detectives who take on every case under the sun inflating their case logs while most criminals are waiting forever for an RP involving their illegal faction.

Personally I hate this whole mentality of "We don't need another law enforcement agency" but it's fine to give everything to PD or SD, even when it makes little to no sense.

I believe an investigative law enforcement faction would be beneficial to the health of the server and law enforcement factions, as it stands right now, there is no higher authority on PD or SD or the other 2 LEO factions, so if certain people are corrupt, they can more or less do whatever they like without any responsibilities. Is that okay? No it's not. Sure you can have LFM involved and deal with it OOC'ly, but that just takes away roleplay too. So having a faction like SABI that's part of the state government would be beneficial as they would deal with things that a local police department realistically would not handle outside of task forces, eg: Organized Crime and other things like ATF or FBI does but in the form of state agency as well as being the higher authority that can investigate public corruption among other things.

It would not be something easy to make, but if done right, it would be beneficial. 

Just my two cents.

17 minutes ago, Marty said:

there is no higher authority on PD or SD or the other 2 LEO factions, so if certain people are corrupt, they can more or less do whatever they like without any responsibilities.

That's not even remotely true.

I support if it's done very carefully.  Nobody wants "just another LEO faction", so basically:  No patrolling. They work on cases and investigate specific targets, I don't think the server needs another brand of police driving around the city.  It would have to be done in the same spirit as SFM (very choosy on who it takes, members have LEO powers but show lots of self-restraint on how and when they are used).

• Upvote 1

no god I love my dog too much please don't add

Serious note - Definitely not going to go anywhere. We already have four law enforcement factions. This has been something that's done by SD and PD detectives and I can say without a shadow of a doubt will not be approved by either of those factions' leadership. Communication's already less than desired with what we have now - We do not need a federal agency and it will do nothing but step on the toes of other factions.

This is a game. We do not need to be a 1:1 recreation of actual life.

Edit:

9 hours ago, Kasper McQueen said:

Do the LEO factions actively follow crimes, create leads, interrogate and execute sting operations directly about alcohol, tobacco, and firearms with the full intent to lower these illegal activities?

Also yes. This already happens.

Edited by Red.
  • Upvote 1