Why do you cover up graffiti CIMs?

Whoopty

Let me touch on a couple of points you all seem to be disregarding here.

As somebody that used to dabble in the art of graffiti, there's a rule of thumb here that you seem to be disregarding. If you don't want your art removed, you don't place it somewhere that is easy to do so. If you're slapping a shitty gang tag over a respectable  business, a parking lot, or anywhere in an active community, really, chances are? It's going to be removed the same day it's seen. Now, if it were a mural, or even a half respectable piece? Perhaps you'd have a week or two before a crew volunteered or was hired to remove said graffiti. As a resolve to this issue, I would suggest thinking outside of the box. Neighborhoods like K Town, in game that is, have very accessible roof tops, providing more unique and hard to reach places to throw up graffiti.

Now, I don't know where the majority of you are from IRL, but unless you're in a residential neighborhood or a scummy alley? You aren't going to see many gang tags slapped about. Representing your gang in terms of graffiti is usually a "fuck you" to another gangs territory, or to mark your own. Sure, a stop sign or a power box might have a scratch or two, but on the side of a popular business in the heart of a community? Highly unlikely.

My last point here revolves around the area that those of you who are complaining have chose to tag, K Town. You have two legal fronts in this area that focus on keeping the streets clean in terms of community outreach, public services, etc. One of the primary focuses of a group like this is to offer local business owners and members of the community a sense of security. It's no doubt that these groups would focus on removing graffiti as actively as possible. 

I'm going to provide a screenshot that proves that the act of cleaning these throw ups consists of more than just a couple half assed /me's, and that it provides our people with just as much roleplay as yours, if not more.

7fixed.png8.png

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

As someone who has alot of irl experience throwing paint. This isn't actually unrealistic. Most alleyways and dumpsters are free game and never seem to get buffed too often DEPENDING on the community they reside in. That being said some communities are super active in keeping the appearance of the community "clean" I've tossed up pieces in spots I thought would stick around and be seen for a while only to find them sand blasted or buffed the next morning before even getting to see it in the sunlight the following day let alone grab a photo. Obviously it isn't kids buffing walls but even 20 year old business owners are quite active in making the business feel more welcoming as one shop I worked at irl had me out scrubbing a throw up that was still fresh in the alley on the business wall. I haven't buffed anything in game nor do I really care one way or the other but I thought I should drop some personal insight on the topic. 

i think this is more of an ic issue than an ooc one to be bringing it to the forums, if my character wants to remove a tag that says FUK R374RDS BJK672 13 SMALL P3N13 G4NG that's painted on the apartment complex she lives in, she will do so to make her living conditions just a little better since she's a responsible adult that goes to a 9-5 

Edited by Sim
  • Upvote 1

this type of shit is pretty much the reason i closed my ms13 fac in ktown down, couldnt breathe for shit without dogshit facs spamming /cim's to cover up graffiti, made gang rp outside of drug dealing and shooting impossible. its a shame too cause little seoul is such a great area for roleplay, but it's being faced with extremely abysmal roleplay quality unfortunately.

4 hours ago, Powley said:

Sure, that's fair, but Koreatown isn't as dangerous as it once was and I think people need to accept that this isn't 15-30 years ago. I'm not saying it's squeaky clean, but it's a lot safer then it use to be.

Ohohohohohoho, it definitely is. Koreatown is probably one of the worst off neighbourhoods in Los Angeles at this point that ISN'T South Central.

The homeless rate in K-Town is through the roof, there's stabbings/shootings/kidnappings every other night, girls get raped damn near every weekend in the clubs across K-Town, you should seriously go read about the things that go on there. Koreatown may not be on the same level as South Central, but it's definitely not a safe place.

To be completely honest with you bro, there's no realistic way you can justify the way Kkangpae goes around crossing out gang graffiti, the Kkangpae don't do that irl, nor do they go around rubbing excrement on things like you guys have done before, (that was the report I posted on yall, fyi)

I wish u guys would portray your community and more importantly your organization more realistically and more true to how they act in real life, because this current portrayal of the kkangpae in my honest opinion is not realistic in the slightest, sorry to say.

Not only does the Kkangpae stay miles n miles away from ALL of the street gangs in that town, but they don't go to war with street gangs for having the AUDACITY to have beef with eachother. Nor do they, as I said, do any of the things I reported u guys for during my MS faction. Truth be told if the Kkangpae stood up to MS-13 or 18th Street IRL (or any gang, really), they'd be a memory by the very next day, they truly have no say in that neighbourhood IRL and they only reason they do IC is because of numbers and nothing more.

Edited by Garras Up

Graffiti in areas of K-Town has lasted for weeks if not months. The alley down Lindsay Circus had tons of MS13 tags and you now see HxC popping up every so often. There's simply just an obsession with tagging certain very visible walls in obviously residential parts or business sections that are pristine. And I get why, of course, it's part of the culture to want to tag something like that.  But people out the Dream Tower for example go into weird chains of tags answering to tags and it reads like a horrific Facebook wall discussion.

K-Town has been fostering IC forever the philosophy to its active residents that they are a community looking out for each other. This is consistently passed on to new players in the area who are invited to partake in the same feeling of belonging and pride in K-Town, as well as taking care of their environment. This has even changed how some local gangs act, you have people like the Tigers, whose members will publically condemn seeing any dealer out in their streets, or committing any obvious acts of crime in the neighborhood, to name one example.

Is some portrayal of removing tags bad? Absolutely. The worst example is when someone tags something small like "MS13 rulz" or w/e and someone decides to Graffitti over it to express how angry they are with something like "Please go away we don't want you here and you should stop making our walls dirty", without realizing they just made it 10 times worse to clean. The community has seen acts like these and these people have been called out. I've seen clean up jobs live, and they weren't half-assed /me's.

They were RP that involved around half a dozen people gathering things to clear out the tags on the parking lot opposite the pawn shop, for example, from bystanders complaining and worrying about the increased presence and activity of gangs after MS13 seemingly disappeared, to people mobilizing to get equipment to clean it, all providing a scene which around 20 people interacted with.

7 hours ago, Garras Up said:

this type of shit is pretty much the reason i closed my ms13 fac in ktown down, couldnt breathe for shit without dogshit facs spamming /cim's to cover up graffiti, made gang rp outside of drug dealing and shooting impossible. its a shame too cause little seoul is such a great area for roleplay, but it's being faced with extremely abysmal roleplay quality unfortunately.

Wasn't the reason MS13 closed each time your psychotic personality that drove everyone away from you?
Stop throwing shade on others for your shortcomings buddy.

7 hours ago, Garras Up said:

Ohohohohohoho, it definitely is. Koreatown is probably one of the worst off neighbourhoods in Los Angeles at this point that ISN'T South Central.

The homeless rate in K-Town is through the roof, there's stabbings/shootings/kidnappings every other night, girls get raped damn near every weekend in the clubs across K-Town, you should seriously go read about the things that go on there. Koreatown may not be on the same level as South Central, but it's definitely not a safe place.

To be completely honest with you bro, there's no realistic way you can justify the way Kkangpae goes around crossing out gang graffiti, the Kkangpae don't do that irl, nor do they go around rubbing excrement on things like you guys have done before, (that was the report I posted on yall, fyi)

I wish u guys would portray your community and more importantly your organization more realistically and more true to how they act in real life, because this current portrayal of the kkangpae in my honest opinion is not realistic in the slightest, sorry to say.

Not only does the Kkangpae stay miles n miles away from ALL of the street gangs in that town, but they don't go to war with street gangs for having the AUDACITY to have beef with eachother. Nor do they, as I said, do any of the things I reported u guys for during my MS faction. Truth be told if the Kkangpae stood up to MS-13 or 18th Street IRL (or any gang, really), they'd be a memory by the very next day, they truly have no say in that neighbourhood IRL and they only reason they do IC is because of numbers and nothing more.

I’m open to criticism but not from you garras. You’re one of the most unpleasant individuals I’ve ever came across on GTAW. You’re the sole reason MS13 suffered in Little Seoul, because you would make alts to sit and scream ‘rice n-word’ to any Korean local who walked past. Everyone had respect for the others who tried like Cam and Bidi, but I can’t name a single individual who had a good experience with you. It was you versus the world, and you played the victim complex whenever you could. Get a grip.

Kkangpae has nothing to do with cleaning up graffiti, it’s been a few of the local girls. 

But go off I guess? You’re just spouting utter shit at this point. 

• Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic