Why do you cover up graffiti CIMs?

Whoopty

Just now, Powley said:

They aren't?

No, Powley. I don't think parasitic Korean mobsters are wasting their time cleaning tags. They have more important things to do, like tax fraud, and sexual trafficking. The people you reference "doing this type of thing" are church groups and community centers..

Either way as I mentioned previously on the thread (and you seem to get the jist yourself) the issue isn't exactly the removal of the tags; most gang RPers would concede where one is inappropriate or not. However, what I think would actually help is to take these concepts referenced in the past (the community center, etc) and take them IC so that at least the act of this RP has more weight and quality behind it.

Trust me, I used to think that the way gangs did graffiti was stupid too - but as I got more ingrained into the culture of gang RP I actually began to take notice that a lot of research actually goes into the portrayal of these things - as well as the RP itself, you can't simply just drop a /cim at your feet. You have to RP the actual etiquette of using an aerosol can.

At the end of the day I think the issue people have is the culture surrounding them is a little wonky and can take people out of the immersion because I've never seen anybody get irrationally worked up about random graffiti - and people need to understand that messing with a gangs tags is about as disrespectful as walking up to a mob of them and saying "fuck your set" - it just doesn't happen in that way.

Just now, moulton said:

When I did Gang RP, they were actually very hard on making good RP around spraypainting. I think my FL made me do like.. 5 lines of 200+ characters to post one tag? That was with SYC. They were very particular about it.

I'm not going to blame the current taggers since I haven't seen their RP relating to the situation, but I have seen ones in the past (Vertido) run up and copy/paste some bogus rp to tag a wall in about thirty seconds. 

1 minute ago, Whoopty said:

Thats the point, they do it every few minutes, and go on a witch-hunt for information markers, ive seen people just do the /cim of covering it up with no rp and walk off, i'm just not the type to report over petty things like that as i'd have to be doing a new report every day if I did that. Surely you see where we're coming from?

I see where your coming from, but it works both ways. The community members want to take care of the area, and you're annoyed your tags are being removed. Most tags in alleyways are never touched, I just think you're tagging in the wrong places at the current moment. Nothing against you feller, just giving you an idea of it all.

Just now, sio said:

No, Powley. I don't think parasitic Korean mobsters are wasting their time cleaning tags. They have more important things to do, like tax fraud, and sexual trafficking. The people you reference "doing this type of thing" are church groups and community centers..

Either way as I mentioned previously on the thread (and you seem to get the jist yourself) the issue isn't exactly the removal of the tags; most gang RPers would concede where one is inappropriate or not. However, what I think would actually help is to take these concepts referenced in the past (the community center, etc) and take them IC so that at least the act of this RP has more weight and quality behind it.

Trust me, I used to think that the way gangs did graffiti was stupid too - but as I got more ingrained into the culture of gang RP I actually began to take notice that a lot of research actually goes into the portrayal of these things - as well as the RP itself, you can't simply just drop a /cim at your feet. You have to RP the actual etiquette of using an aerosol can.

At the end of the day I think the issue people have is the culture surrounding them is a little wonky and can take people out of the immersion because I've never seen anybody get irrationally worked up about random graffiti - and people need to understand that messing with a gangs tags is about as disrespectful as walking up to a mob of them and saying "fuck your set" - it just doesn't happen in that way.

That's literally what you implied, and you yourself know that business association is a thing, and that it's them making sure streets are clean.

1 minute ago, Powley said:

Can the same not be said when you have Gangbangers throwing up copy pasted /me's? I think this is a two -way street at the end of the day.

If that happens in any faction i'm in i'd speak on it to the members, this isn't a personal attack where i'm gonna call out anything I can think of, i'm talking about this specific problem.

3 minutes ago, .George said:

I don't expect you to actually be able to read on some sources, but IRL Korea Town is extremely militant area where people get beaten by locals just for being wrong shade of Asian. As for ‚‚K-town iS moRE hISpAnIC tHAn AsIAN'' that's a shit argument. You can't force people to roleplay there being more hispanics than Asians when that's not  the case on the server, if you have issues with it? Go cry to continuity management.

I didn't say it should be more hispanic than asian, I was referring to your reference of IRL Koreatown.

extremely militant area where people get beaten by locals just for being wrong shade of Asian

tenor.gif

I don't expect you to actually be able to read on some sources, but IRL Korea Town is extremely militant area where people get beaten by locals just for being wrong shade of Asian. As for ‚‚K-town iS moRE hISpAnIC tHAn AsIAN'' that's a shit argument. You can't force people to roleplay there being more hispanics than Asians when that's not  the case on the server, if you have issues with it? Go cry to continuity management.

Those who you reference "beating people up for being the wrong shade of Asian" are gang members themselves. It's not random, regular people - and it's not members of Korean organized crime. It's shitty little street gangs fighting with eachother for control of parks in Koreatown.

Just now, .George said:

That's literally what you implied, and you yourself know that business association is a thing, and that it's them making sure streets are clean.

Then it's poor portrayal because someone walking up and magically removing a tag with 0 equipment in a pair of jeans and a Haiwaiian shirt is on the same level of portrayal as someone working at a gas station in cat ears.

• Applaud 1
1 minute ago, Whoopty said:

If that happens in any faction i'm in i'd speak on it to the members, this isn't a personal attack where i'm gonna call out anything I can think of, i'm talking about this specific problem.

Honestly I'm more then welcoming when it comes to discussing Koreatown and helping improve the general area. If you wanna give me a shout privately and we can discuss things I can keep an eye on the Korean side for any fuckery to keep things right.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, moulton said:

When I did Gang RP, they were actually very hard on making good RP around spraypainting. I think my FL made me do like.. 5 lines of 200+ characters to post one tag? That was with SYC. They were very particular about it.

Exactly our threads can be checked, i'm not sure if he was referring to pulling guns or spraypainting or what but as far as i know nobody in any fac i've been in copy pastes /me's for any purpose.

We should try focus on the issue i'm proposing instead of refuting it and hitting back with something people think the other side does, this isn't intended to be an argument.

• mj2002 locked this topic