Why do you cover up graffiti CIMs?

Whoopty

3 minutes ago, Powley said:

Gives locals stuff to do and it's an eye-sore in character to most characters. Is what it is bro. Most graffiti in and around Little Seoul is put up on businesses and the front of busy housing blocks, so locals will clean it up.

I agree if it's on a business, but if it's on a random wall somewhere I don't see the justification, it gets unrealistic when it's covered up within minutes-hours. 

1 minute ago, Goopy said:

https://www.kyccla.org/services/environmental-services/graffiti-removal/#:~:text=We remove graffiti seven days,of graffiti.

Korea Town/Little Seoul IRL

People like graffiti. People don't like gangers writing on the walls their signs.

I'm not disputing graffiti being covered up ever, I can also show you pictures of Ktown with graffiti plastered everywhere, that wont go anywhere and it'll just be a back and forth. It gets unrealistic when everyone in K-town does this every day/hour/few minutes WITHOUT FAIL. 

Surely you see where i'm coming from? From an OOC standpoint it gets unrealistic. 

Just now, Whoopty said:

You're not thinking of this on a larger scale. Little Seoul easily has hundreds of active players go through it a day, as it's a hotspot of the server. Many of these are gang rpers that go back and forth (very common irl and never gets removed) wall-banging and crossing eachothers tags out and dissing eachother via graffiti. This is almost ESSENTIAL to Gang RP. People always complain about gang rpers resorting to shooting too much, but when we wanna do harmless wall-banging rp with eachother it gets covered up EVERY DAY, if not every hour, without fail. 

This is the opposite of realistic. Nobodys going out of their way to do this IRL unless it's on their business, and it's really killing wall banging rp since before any opposing gang sees it some 20 yr old korean comes and covers it up with black paint.

Residents of Koreatown IRL wouldn't do this, as they're used to the graffiti, and it's pointless and time consuming to keep doing it when it's everywhere. But since ingame we're limited to 1 CIM at a time and the only effort it takes to cover it up is /cim 7 black paint covers the tag, everybody does it, ruining the feeling of the enivorment for factions in and surrounding the area.

I'd understand if it was a city cleaning career (which would have to be toned down too so they don't get unrealistic and kill tag banging rp too) , but these are civillians, sometimes minors, sometimes literal mobsters that shouldn't care, but almost always people that have no reason to do it.

To you, it doesn't matter, to gang rpers it's one of the main forms of RP and a way for us to avoid dm wars.

I'm actually the Deputy of Labor for SAGOV so, I will keep this in mind if I choose to pursue a city cleaning service for blue-collar work! My statement was not an attack by the way, I'm ignorant to the fact of how quickly it gets covered up - Which, as you have explained is a fucking shame that people do that so spastically. I find Gang tags add a bit of immersion sometimes, it's interesting to think "Oh this is tagged, I better be careful - clutch my wallet a little tighter, not sit and talk to anyone". It gives me that uneasy feeling that I have to be on my toes, which I love.

Just now, .George said:

Where I live IRL, if you're caught up graffiting random walls chances are you will get your legs broken. Gang RPers need to stop bitching each time someone does something against only 3 venues of RP they have (graffiting walls, selling weed and shooting eachother).

Thats because u live in serbia where people get carbombed, we're talking about Ktown where theres more Hispanics than Koreans and there's graffiti everywhere, effectively making the place a shithole in certain parts of it. 

You guys seem to be missing the point that i'm saying it's annoying that EVERY tag gets covered up within minutes, i'm not arguing that you should never cover up any tag again, but the rate at which it's done effectively makes the whole of little seoul completely graffiti free every few minutes, which hinders gang rp.

It's like you want us to only DM and escalate fist fights to shootings instantly instead of going back and forth with graffiti and keeping things calm.

Just now, sio said:

I doubt members of Jo-Poks are coming out of their gambling dens to clean graffiti.

They aren't?

1 minute ago, Whoopty said:

I agree if it's on a business, but if it's on a random wall somewhere I don't see the justification, it gets unrealistic when it's covered up within minutes-hours. 

I'm not disputing graffiti being covered up ever, I can also show you pictures of Ktown with graffiti plastered everywhere, that wont go anywhere and it'll just be a back and forth. It gets unrealistic when everyone in K-town does this every day/hour/few minutes WITHOUT FAIL. 

Surely you see where i'm coming from? From an OOC standpoint it gets unrealistic. 

Oh no I totally agree. The only time I've ever asked locals to clean a tag is the one of the front of Sunshine apartments. 

The rest? Locals just clean it up, a lot of them just remove the ones in public. 

I mean the MS alley had tags dating 6+ months in there at one point

It gets to a point where it's silly, if I do a CIM now in the most discrete alley i can find, it'll be covered up within MINUTES, not an hour, like 40 minutes tops, surely you can begin to agree that's annoying on an OOC level?

1 minute ago, Whoopty said:

Thats because u live in serbia where people get carbombed, we're talking about Ktown where theres more Hispanics than Koreans and there's graffiti everywhere, effectively making the place a shithole in certain parts of it. 

You guys seem to be missing the point that i'm saying it's annoying that EVERY tag gets covered up within minutes, i'm not arguing that you should never cover up any tag again, but the rate at which it's done effectively makes the whole of little seoul completely graffiti free every few minutes, which hinders gang rp.

It's like you want us to only DM and escalate fist fights to shootings instantly instead of going back and forth with graffiti and keeping things calm.

I don't expect you to actually be able to read on some sources, but IRL Korea Town is extremely militant area where people get beaten by locals just for being wrong shade of Asian. As for ‚‚K-town iS moRE hISpAnIC tHAn AsIAN'' that's a shit argument. You can't force people to roleplay there being more hispanics than Asians when that's not  the case on the server, if you have issues with it? Go cry to continuity management.

• Applaud 1
Just now, Whoopty said:

It gets to a point where it's silly, if I do a CIM now in the most discrete alley i can find, it'll be covered up within MINUTES, not an hour, like 40 minutes tops, surely you can begin to agree that's annoying on an OOC level?

Can the same not be said when you have Gangbangers throwing up copy pasted /me's? I think this is a two -way street at the end of the day.

1 minute ago, Powley said:

The rest? Locals just clean it up, a lot of them just remove the ones in public. 

Thats the point, they do it every few minutes, and go on a witch-hunt for information markers, ive seen people just do the /cim of covering it up with no rp and walk off, i'm just not the type to report over petty things like that as i'd have to be doing a new report every day if I did that. Surely you see where we're coming from?

Just now, Powley said:

Can the same not be said when you have Gangbangers throwing up copy pasted /me's? I think this is a two -way street at the end of the day.

When I did Gang RP, they were actually very hard on making good RP around spraypainting. I think my FL made me do like.. 5 lines of 200+ characters to post one tag? That was with SYC. They were very particular about it.

• mj2002 locked this topic