Jump to content

What are some valid levels of escalation with “legal” roleplayers?


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Koko said:

Revenge? For what? A neighbor calling the cops because someone is acting suspicious?

 

What I'd do is tell the cops I just went with my friends to enjoy the park and have a couple of drinks at the Mirror Park Tavern, and then try to go about my day.

 

If I had criminal intentions I'd realize someone has given the police my description or my details, would conclude that this neighborhood is alert and I'd go try crime elsewhere. Revenge when there's been no real victims other than your ego for being told you acted "suspicious" would be pretty ridiculous by real world standards.

Exactly. Tried to applaud your post but got this instead, so I respond with a 👏 lol

 

upvote.png

Link to comment

Y'all love your legal vs. Illegal debates. I guess I'll weigh in on this since I'm already here and I read the report we're all secretly talking about.


This server seems to think everyone who calls the cops is a "snitch" who deserves to be punished when that's really just how people react to suspicious behavior. Beat them up, threaten them, vandalize their property, or do nothing and go about your day. No need to go crazy and cause great bodily harm. Not all gangbangers have to act like Ted Bundy. Stop treating LS like it's run by the Los Zitas cartel.

 

The only time you should be taking staunch revenge is on confidential informants. Between 2014 and 2017 around 700 US government informants were threatened, beaten, or killed while acting on behalf of law enforcement. Of those 700, 61 were killed. These are the cases when it's pheasible to maim or murder someone for "snitching".

 

All in all, the odus or responsibility when it comes to maintaining realistic and fair escalation is on those initiating the conflict. Remember that civilian RPers are people too just trying to enjoy the same videogame as you. If someone really jumps the shark and you have to prove your gangsta then that's what happens. If you're going out of your way to cause great bodily harm to a civilian just because they called the cops on you, then maybe you should rethink your approach to realistic escalation.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Fancy Toothpaste said:

Y'all love your legal vs. Illegal debates. I guess I'll weigh in on this since I'm already here and I read the report we're all secretly talking about.


This server seems to think everyone who calls the cops is a "snitch" who deserves to be punished when that's really just how people react to suspicious behavior. Beat them up, threaten them, vandalize their property, or do nothing and go about your day. No need to go crazy and cause great bodily harm. Not all gangbangers have to act like Ted Bundy. Stop treating LS like it's run by the Los Zitas cartel.

 

The only time you should be taking staunch revenge is on confidential informants. Between 2014 and 2017 around 700 US government informants were threatened, beaten, or killed while acting on behalf of law enforcement. Of those 700, 61 were killed. These are the cases when it's pheasible to maim or murder someone for "snitching".

 

All in all, the odus or responsibility when it comes to maintaining realistic and fair escalation is on those initiating the conflict. Remember that civilian RPers are people too just trying to enjoy the same videogame as you. If someone really jumps the shark and you have to prove your gangsta then that's what happens. If you're going out of your way to cause great bodily harm to a civilian just because they called the cops on you, then maybe you should rethink your approach to realistic escalation.

Say it louder for the people in the back lol

unnamed.gif

Link to comment

Also on the topic of snitches: someone isn't a snitch for calling the cops on a random guy checking out his block. They're a snitch usually if in a poor community they give away illegal dealings from their community.

 

This works because in real life these communities tend to have a silent agreement of "you don't snitch and I don't shit where I eat".

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
56 minutes ago, wheres the skante said:

It doesn't need to go straight to killing unless it leads to you being arrested or something severe

Context matters of course but I'd argue your character being arrested is still not justified outright assassinating someone, especially if they're a civilian calling the cops because you're committing crimes in public and were slow enough to get caught when the cops finally show.

 

Always confused me why a lot of illegal characters are allowed to execute civilians that reported them to the police when a simple police investigation would lead to them being the number one suspect, slamming them behind bars for the rest of their life - the only reason this doesn't happen is because police investigations are borderline none existent but that's a whole other topic for another day.

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Fancy Toothpaste said:

Y'all love your legal vs. Illegal debates. I guess I'll weigh in on this since I'm already here and I read the report we're all secretly talking about.


This server seems to think everyone who calls the cops is a "snitch" who deserves to be punished when that's really just how people react to suspicious behavior. Beat them up, threaten them, vandalize their property, or do nothing and go about your day. No need to go crazy and cause great bodily harm. Not all gangbangers have to act like Ted Bundy. Stop treating LS like it's run by the Los Zitas cartel.

 

The only time you should be taking staunch revenge is on confidential informants. Between 2014 and 2017 around 700 US government informants were threatened, beaten, or killed while acting on behalf of law enforcement. Of those 700, 61 were killed. These are the cases when it's pheasible to maim or murder someone for "snitching".

 

All in all, the odus or responsibility when it comes to maintaining realistic and fair escalation is on those initiating the conflict. Remember that civilian RPers are people too just trying to enjoy the same videogame as you. If someone really jumps the shark and you have to prove your gangsta then that's what happens. If you're going out of your way to cause great bodily harm to a civilian just because they called the cops on you, then maybe you should rethink your approach to realistic escalation.

In Toronto, Canada (which isn't as harsh as L.A.), snitching in the hood leads to getting robbed or jumped. People won't want to associate with you, later, if you're a person that's known to call the police over every petty thing. Code of Silence exists in ALL HOODS. Non-Gang-Members often turn a blind eye to crime in order to remain on their good side. They shake it up, with each other, under this code. I've even seen local non-gang members (who purchase weed from gang-members) cuss out snitches simply because they respect the Code of the streets. People don't want to attract attention in their hood, and snitches attract the attention of police. Thus, intimidating is the method... deters people from snitching and coerces them to submit to the code.

Snitching doesn't warrant for murder unless you are heavily connected in any criminal organization. However, a civilian simply calling the police WILL warrant to being confronted (in a VERY intimidating manner), 100% of the time, with a 50% chance of being robbed or jumped. 

That's the hood, at least. 

Even outside of the hood, snitches get punished. People simply don't associate with them, unless these people are 100% legal. A legal person that shakes it up with their local dealer, outside of the hood, won't want to associate themselves with the snitch simply because the dealer will discontinue working with them if they hang out with a snitch. There's ALWAYS  consequence to snitching... whether it may involve being isolated, confronted, assaulted, robbed, or even murdered. However, murder should only apply to those that are actually connected in the criminal underworld.

EDIT: Snitching doesn't only include calling the police. Simply leaking personal information is classified as a "snitch". If a man tells you some person information? You aren't supposed to be sharing that with others.

Edited by DLimit
Link to comment
1 hour ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Context matters of course but I'd argue your character being arrested is still not justified outright assassinating someone, especially if they're a civilian calling the cops because you're committing crimes in public and were slow enough to get caught when the cops finally show.

 

Always confused me why a lot of illegal characters are allowed to execute civilians that reported them to the police when a simple police investigation would lead to them being the number one suspect, slamming them behind bars for the rest of their life - the only reason this doesn't happen is because police investigations are borderline none existent but that's a whole other topic for another day.

A person will get murdered if they're the reason that their associate is arrested... In the hood? People will make you a target because you sent their brother/sister to prison. Unsure if it's a Caribbean thing, over here in Toronto, but they take that VERY seriously. They'll claim that their man was stupid for committing the crime like a hot-head, but they'll surely handle the person that put them in prison.

The crime won't link back to them as the arrested associate has over 100 friends in the hood. They can't pin-point the crime to one person.  

Put it this way... if the man was arrested because of a snitch, but WOULDN'T of been caught WITHOUT the snitch? Then, that person's a target. People are supposed to turn a blind eye to crime. Else, they face the consequences.

EDIT: It also really depends on who the snitch had snitched on, as-well... homicide usually only happens when you send a connected or valuable criminal asset to prison.

Edited by DLimit
Link to comment
Just now, DLimit said:

A person will get murdered if they're the reason that their associate is arrested... In the hood? People will make you a target because you sent their brother/sister to prison. Unsure if it's a Caribbean thing, over here in Toronto, but they take that VERY seriously. They'll claim that their man was stupid for committing the crime like a hot-head, but they'll surely handle the person that put them in prison.

The crime won't like back to them as the arrested associate has over 100 friends in the hood. They can't pin-point the crime to one person.  

There's a big difference between reporting someone directly to the police and calling 911 because there's people punching/stabbing/shooting each other in public, I think everybody knows and agrees that if you're directly going out of your way to report specific criminals and get them sent to jail your character's going to get got.

 

My problem here is criminals hunting down and killing civilians for calling the police in situations where a civilian calling the cops would be realistic, the only reason a lot of these criminals are able to hunt down specific individuals in the first place being the village-like population of the server and really shouldn't be something considered acceptable.

 

I don't play an exclusively legal civilian but I feel for people who do. They fight back? they're labeled mallrat PF warriors. They call the cops like anybody in modern day America would? They're ripped from their homes and given the Comando Vermelho treatment as they're mag-dumped in to spaghetti. 

  • Applaud 1
Link to comment
  • Wuhtah locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
  • Create New...