Geographical placement of gangs.

Rushing

Just now, i dont wanna od in LA said:

I mean it's you who hopped on this thread ranting about people forcing you to acknowledge their stories or something so I guess you're the one inciting drama here?

3 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

You're arguing just to argue.

So, reading through this thread I can see two issues. I can see that legal roleplayers don't want gangs to pop up in their areas (makes sense) and I can see illegal roleplayers struggling to find turf to roleplay what they'd like it to be. But, as someone who has done both parts? I strongly believe the issue between the two is that 99% of the time when a new 'set' or illegal group pops in an area they act like they own it. Instead of showing the inhabitants that they're interested in regulating the area, lowering the crimerate (who shits in their own neighborhood?) and perhaps giving them a different oppertunity for someone to roleplay w. when in need (ie i dont call 911, I call Jamar who then comes and solves it). Personally? I dislike the majority of illegal roleplayers, I used to roleplay in Rancho as a legal roleplayer, I had a house and I had a great time. Then a street gang decided to move in, I was outgoing and I told them I could put down some furniture on the street so they had a place to roleplay, hours after? They've invaded my garden taken over my house and basically think they own the whole place. In real life? Nobody is going to move into a neighborhood and harass the shit out of the people that live there cause that brings cops, and that's not good. I think everyone should take a step back and maybe look at how and what they'd like from both sides. And if the legal rp'ers just wanna get rid of all illegal rp, go play the sims. And if the illegal rp'ers just wanna be crime kings, taxing and acting like idiots? Go play GTA online. Neither of you deserve to be here.

6 minutes ago, Mahiko said:

99% of the time when a new 'set' or illegal group pops in an area they act like they own it. Instead of showing the inhabitants that they're interested in regulating the area, lowering the crimerate.

This bothers me a lot too. Gang members that refuse to understand there's a local population living there who may not be criminals or banging. Gangs protect their neighborhood. They don't go around harassing every local person if they're not in the gang. Played a character in "the hood" who was a local but was not a banger. It was almost impossible. 

• Applaud 1
  • Rohan. locked this topic