Geographical placement of gangs.

Rushing

If people are making a new gang in an area they should develop said gang. Saying: "this gang has been here for five years!" Is powergaming. You are forcing RP on people even though there is no past basis to establish that.

Even if this complication could be looked past; there are many others.

The gang's been there for years, but:

The police doesn't know about them for some reason?

The local community doesnt recognize them for some reason?

The rest of the underworld will have no idea who they are?

If it's okay to say: "We've been here for ten years!" It'd be okay for the residents of the area to powergame knowing that you're a gang member, for rival gang members to powergame that, for the police to powergame most of your faction thread, etcetera etcetera.

You can't put: "we been here for twenty years" and "find out ic" in the same argument

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

I am not saying they shouldn't be allowed to, just don't act like they always been there, when they weren't. I go to sleep and wake up the next day only to see new faces on the street where I roleplay living and working, saying this is their hood and if I am new there. No I am not new there, they are.

You sound like a larper angry over the fact gang bangers are g-checking your CHARACTER. Again, your character and not YOU. “No I am not new there, they are.” Go outside please

• Applaud 1
10 minutes ago, Rushing said:

I see where that can be frustrating. Honestly, this seems like an issue that could easily be resolved if the faction consists of understanding people.

Alternatively:

7 minutes ago, BjornV said:

If people are making a new gang in an area they should develop said gang. Saying: "this gang has been here for five years!" Is powergaming. You are forcing RP on people even though there is no past basis to establish that.

Read the above quote. Then read it again.

Sorry, but I'm not going to pretend your new kids on the block have been there for years with all the rep that entails.

Earn it like everyone else has to.

Got a problem with that?

I frankly don't care, and neither should anyone else.

Edited by Smilesville
11 minutes ago, Troopstah said:

You sound like a larper angry over the fact gang bangers are g-checking your CHARACTER. Again, your character and not YOU. “No I am not new there, they are.” Go outside please

Trust me I am more outside than you ever were.

12 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

Sorry, but I'm not going to pretend your new kids on the block have been there for years with all the rep that entails.

I didn't ask you to. Who did? It's common courtesy to do so, though. 

Edited by Rushing
53 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

I am not saying they shouldn't be allowed to, just don't act like they always been there, when they weren't. I go to sleep and wake up the next day only to see new faces on the street where I roleplay living and working, saying this is their hood and if I am new there. No I am not new there, they are.

To do what you're implying they should do, it would take a lifetime. This isn't real life and that's what is appealing. If you don't like gangs appearing in your CHARACTERS area, it might be time to go back to second life??

3 minutes ago, Bubonic said:

To do what you're implying they should do, it would take a lifetime. This isn't real life and that's what is appealing. If you don't like gangs appearing in your CHARACTERS area, it might be time to go back to second life??

To add onto this, it isn't your area, everyone is allowed to RP in it.  People should be allowed to make backstories for their factions as long as it's realistic. 

6 minutes ago, Bubonic said:

Did you actually read what I posted? Or should I help you? I have no issues with gangs popping in areas, just don't act like they always been there, when they weren't. Let me use Hillside as an example, not even 2 weeks after, new guys are popping up, my chars always knew the area as the Hillside. Now should I pretend it never happened?

Edited by Engelbert
1 minute ago, Engelbert said:

Did you actually read what I posted? Or should I help you? I have no issues with gangs popping in areas, just don't act like they always been there, when they weren't.

Tell me you don't know anything about gangs, without telling me you don't know anything about gangs.

• Rohan. locked this topic