Geographical placement of gangs.

Rushing

20 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Except that they are a new brand, cause I never seen any gang in MP before. I don't care what LA looks like irl and where gangs are irl. In the game where I live were no gangs prior to this year, so don't act like you are not new and for god'sake don't ask people living somewhere, if they are new, cause they ain't. The one asking this question is...NEW. End of story.

So, every new gang faction has to rp being new to the area? 

3 minutes ago, Rushing said:

So, every new gang faction has to rp being new to the area? 

Well what can I say? I am not retconning my own roleplay just because some gang moved into area where my character lives. It's call continuity and server canon by the way. Heard of that? Point here being, you can't come to a playground where other kids built a castle and say you always been here and they built it using your sand.

Edited by Engelbert
Just now, Engelbert said:

Well what can I say? I am not retconning my own roleplay just because some gang moved into area where my character lives. It's call continuity and server canon by the way. Heard of that?

You clearly need to do some research on gangs and how they work, but I’m not going to derail the thread by arguing this out with you. 

3 minutes ago, Rushing said:

You clearly need to do some research on gangs and how they work, but I’m not going to derail the thread by arguing this out with you. 

What has how gangs function, to do with new factions moving into areas which were gangless before? I'd say they do their damn research about proper portrayal.

1 hour ago, Queen said:

You aren't going to get people to suddenly wipe everything they know and replace it with something new - nor should they. As of right now, I feel like there's a pretty decent dynamic to be worked on as a previously middle class area starts sinking lower on the totem pole.

thats the entire point of what im saying though, just because an area is middle class doesn't mean it's immune to gangs popping up or existing in the area, The suburban and middle class areas of LA for example are home to possible some of the worst gangs to exist, crime isn't focused primarily in the southeast portion of the city irl and shouldn't be on here either.

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Well what can I say? I am not retconning my own roleplay just because some gang moved into area where my character lives. It's call continuity and server canon by the way. Heard of that?

Sounds like headcanon to me, personally. Plus, just because an area is presently gangless doesn't mean there's no possibility of it having had gangs in the past, or that there's no possibilities of gangs rising and deciding to take over Mirror Park. it's happened irl, there's suburbs in long island which were gangless for decades, now those same areas are filled with ms-13 and 18th street gang members.

Look around the neighbourhood your character lives, there's signs of gentrification everywhere and if u look between the lines u definitely can see slight signs of gang activity, even in singleplayer the marabunta grande were present in mirror park.

40 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Point here being, you can't come to a playground where other kids built a castle and say you always been here and they built it using your sand.

what castle is there currently in Mirror Park? Cops living in Mirror Park and it being quote on quote gangless? So what? There's several neighbourhoods on here that are gangless and imo shouldn't be, and that needs to change in the future. Just because you've rped in an area for a specific amount of time doesn't mean a new faction opening up in that area has to take how you view the area into account, if gangs want to RP in mirror park, they should be allowed to.

And as far as cops living there, that shouldn't mean anything. There's cops that live in rancho ic bro. 😂

34 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

What has how gangs function, to do with new factions moving into areas which were gangless before? I'd say they do their damn research about proper portrayal.

Proper portrayal is the act of portraying a realistic character. A character who is part of a fac which is portraying an age old gang that's only just now popping up again in 2021 after being defunct for a long time isn't unrealistic and is nothing to complain about.

Edited by Garras Up
4 minutes ago, Garras Up said:

thats the entire point of what im saying though, just because an area is middle class doesn't mean it's immune to gangs popping up or existing in the area, The suburban and middle class areas of LA for example are home to possible some of the worst gangs to exist, crime isn't focused primarily in the southeast portion of the city irl and shouldn't be on here either.

What he said, really.

I am not saying they shouldn't be allowed to, just don't act like they always been there, when they weren't. I go to sleep and wake up the next day only to see new faces on the street where I roleplay living and working, saying this is their hood and if I am new there. No I am not new there, they are.

32 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

I am not saying they shouldn't be allowed to, just don't act like they always been there, when they weren't. I go to sleep and wake up the next day only to see new faces on the street where I roleplay living and working, saying this is their hood and if I am new there. No I am not new there, they are.

I see where that can be frustrating. Honestly, this seems like an issue that could easily be resolved if the faction consists of understanding people. 

40 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

tenor.gif

No. 

• Rohan. locked this topic