Geographical placement of gangs.

Rushing

People can be misguided, some of this stuff should be mentioned in the server lore. Irl East LA is filled with gangs, in game the Mirror Park area has had a lot of blood gangs and criminal organizations, not forgetting the shit ton of gangs that were hanging around in the East Vinewood park. It's ridiculous for people to say that gangs cant exist in rich areas

I RP in a gang based out of Mirror Park, there is a housing complex in Mirror Park and more ran down areas of the neighborhood, however my faction has IC rules that basically says not to fuck with or press residents of the area we claim (Mirror Park) however a lot of people who lives in this area forms opinions that we are only here to mess with them when in reality its a total opposite. 

2 hours ago, RoyalPainter said:

I think geographical position literally does not matter, you don’t need to be poor to be in a gang 

+1

Especially in todays day and age, a lot of gangs (talking about Sur's, bloods, and crips of course) even let in white people in their gangs now, and Surenos let blacks in theirs aswell. It's very different since the 60's - 90's.

35 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Holy fuck this screenshot is really bad I've not seen such misportrayal in literal fucking ages now. I really do hope that PD's leadership doesn't approve of that dogshit roleplay

This is called a public de-briefing. Police Departments around the world do this all of the time after a scene and the watch commander needs to speak with everyone about the scene be-it flaws, or accomplishments. 

3 hours ago, liq said:

Continuity needs to look at establishing better history to hold the server's population to so everyone can be on the same page.

This pretty much. Mirror Park is a prime example of different ideas and ideals clashing with each other. One may see Mirror Park as IRL equivalent XY of a upper middle class or Hipster area and another as gang-riddled problem area. It is also where the idea of LA = LS clashes with the server lore and history - being an area mostly inhabited by actively serving LEOs, FF/EMS and other representatives of the legal system as well as well-off middle/upper class citizens with little to no interference from any gang activity.

Thus, a common ground should be set by continuity management that factors in the compressed map, comparable IRL locations and history / stance on the server over the past years. Naturally, just as the server, it's history also evolves and changes over the months and years. This, whilst it may prevent (creative) ideas, also prevents people forcing their ideas upon others and practically destroying their perception of an area that may have been built up over a long time (e.g. a gang roleplaying "owning" an area for decades vs naturally establishing themselves over time as well as the other side of the medal being gentrification - both having a natural process as time goes by opposed to "this is not X anymore because according to me it has been Y for years now").

TL;DR One common ground for everyone > everyone having their own ideals and clashing with each other.

I can accept Vespucci being a gang territory cause some parts of it look pretty poor. But Mirror Park? Really? I genuinely don't understand how it can be a gang ridden area, especially the southern part of it. The northern part where the complexes are? Yeah okay, fine. But the actual middle/upper class areas? That to me seems like a relatively safe part of area.

I don't know how the gangs treat the locals or people who would like visit the pond/lake as I don't really roleplay a character in the city, but if its anything what Vespucci gangs do, I have legitimate concerns about the quality of it. Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, orca112 said:

This pretty much. Mirror Park is a prime example of different ideas and ideals clashing with each other. One may see Mirror Park as IRL equivalent XY of a upper middle class or Hipster area

hate to break it to you, but IRL Echo Park (Mirror Park) is very much a gang area.

unknown.png

the gangs were there before the hipsters, and still are there. the same applies IC.

26 minutes ago, Marty said:

I can accept Vespucci being a gang territory cause some parts of it look pretty poor. But Mirror Park? Really? I genuinely don't understand how it can be a gang ridden area, especially the southern part of it. The northern part where the complexes are? Yeah okay, fine. But the actual middle/upper class areas? That to me seems like a relatively safe part of area.

everything in and around echo park irl is gang territory. gangs dont stop existing for atleast a few hundred miles north of echo park.

1 hour ago, Marty said:

I don't know how the gangs treat the locals or people who would like visit the pond/lake as I don't really roleplay a character in the city, but if its anything what Vespucci gangs do, I have legitimate concerns about the quality of it. Just my opinion.

There's only one active gang in MP, and we don't press/rob locals and people in the area. 

• Rohan. locked this topic