Add Weekly Offline Property Tax

maramizo

Yes and no. The tax rate needs to be reasonable to prevent players feeling like they need to grind money to keep their property. A 100,000 house is incredibly cheap, my old trailer in Sandy Shores was $135,000. Meaning I have to pay 27,000 a week but with a full time job, I prefer to hop on and roleplay rather than grind out money, as I usually only allow myself about 3-5 hours a day of GTA:W. The percent needs to be a LOT lower for sure, but otherwise I'm cool with it.

26 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Yes and no. The tax rate needs to be reasonable to prevent players feeling like they need to grind money to keep their property. A 100,000 house is incredibly cheap, my old trailer in Sandy Shores was $135,000. Meaning I have to pay 27,000 a week but with a full time job, I prefer to hop on and roleplay rather than grind out money, as I usually only allow myself about 3-5 hours a day of GTA:W. The percent needs to be a LOT lower for sure, but otherwise I'm cool with it.

The calculated regressive tax bracket would see you paying $15,390 a week, instead of $27,000. The regressive bracket proposed is linked in the original thread. It would definitely need more players' and PM's input, but I really think we're onto something here.

As a house owner, due to my occupation in-game. I find myself earning quite a good amount of money, and I struggle to find something to spend it on. So I've decided to start charity/donating my money to the government or factions like Aurum energy Inc to simulate bills and taxes.

However, I believe an Offline tax is not the way to go and should be based on the number of hours you have spent in-game in that week, much like the faction paycheck system and take away a carefully calculated tax from the player. It is simply not fair to FORCE an offline tax across the board like that. Some people might only have the ability to log in for 5 hours a week, but in those 5 hours, they make good use of their house and aren't just hoggers.

I understand how frustrating getting a house can be and trust me I was there too, but lets not shoot everyone in the pursuit of fairness.

• Applaud 1
39 minutes ago, disnep said:

As a house owner, due to my occupation in-game. I find myself earning quite a good amount of money, and I struggle to find something to spend it on. So I've decided to start charity/donating my money to the government or factions like Aurum energy Inc to simulate bills and taxes.

However, I believe an Offline tax is not the way to go and should be based on the number of hours you have spent in-game in that week, much like the faction paycheck system and take away a carefully calculated tax from the player. It is simply not fair to FORCE an offline tax across the board like that. Some people might only have the ability to log in for 5 hours a week, but in those 5 hours, they make good use of their house and aren't just hoggers.

I understand how frustrating getting a house can be and trust me I was there too, but lets not shoot everyone in the pursuit of fairness.

As mentioned earlier, this would only apply to houses. If they can't afford the time or money to pay the taxes, they can always opt for an apartment instead. 

This has been a problem for over a year, and on numerous occasions direct administration involvement has not fixed the problem. Unless you can come up with a better alternative that will have a noticable positive impact on the housing market within the week, this is currently the best suggestion offered.

1 hour ago, disnep said:

If you cannot afford the tax on your house, get a cheaper house, or get an apartment. The concept is to stop inactive/poor people from having houses with low supply. I get that you want it because you hop on 5 hours a week, but shouldn't someone that plays 30 hours a week get them instead? They'd have WAY more fun with it than you.

49 minutes ago, maramizo said:

If you cannot afford the tax on your house, get a cheaper house, or get an apartment. The concept is to stop inactive/poor people from having houses with low supply. I get that you want it because you hop on 5 hours a week, but shouldn't someone that plays 30 hours a week get them instead? They'd have WAY more fun with it than you.

That's just wrong and bad thinking. Totally not on point.

1 hour ago, maramizo said:

Imagine being punished for having a life outside of roleplay.

1 minute ago, Fancy Toothpaste said:

Imagine being punished for having a life outside of roleplay.

This is such a reductionist statement. 

Hey, can I have a pretty massive mansion for free? I have a life. I don't want to pay. E-currency is meaningless. Please give me the mansion for free otherwise I'm simply being punished for having a life.

No. Supply and demand works. The current system needs to be altered so that the demand truly reflects the quality of the people that should have the property.

That simple.

Just now, maramizo said:

This is such a reductionist statement. 

Hey, can I have a pretty massive mansion for free? I have a life. I don't want to pay. E-currency is meaningless. Please give me the mansion for free otherwise I'm simply being punished for having a life.

No. Supply and demand works. The current system needs to be altered so that the demand truly reflects the quality of the people that should have the property.

That simple.

Eh, bro your hearts in the right place but your math is way off.

In game currency isn't meaningless, in-game currency is time spent doing something that makes money. If my "upkeep" is 20k and I work a shop for 4k an hour, that's 5 hours (let's just ignore how broken the passive RP timer is and pretend it'd only be 5 hours) I'm spending every week just to break even on my 100k property. If I suddenly have to worry about spending time to make those V-bucks then guess what I'm going to be doing alot less of? The stuff I actually want to be doing while playing this video game.

You can say that's just the way the cookie crumbles and people ought to be buying something cheaper or spending at least 30 hours a week on server if they wanna own a house, but at the end of the day you're just punishing people for owning something you feel they don't deserve because they don't want to no-life and grind just to make your arbitrary upkeep costs.

I'm cool with a property tax of some kind. I'm not cool with punishing people because they have lives outside of the video game, and would rather spend there free time doing what they actually want to do.

I'm one of those losers who spends to much time on this videogame and I still don't agree with you. No one wants a second fulltime job just to own a virtual house. How about we agree that people play this game for all sorts of different reasons and everyone has different availabilities. Different strokes for different folks, dude.