Add Weekly Offline Property Tax

maramizo

37 minutes ago, ScottieP said:

(1) Hah, no. I have 2 apartments (Penthouses) which are used for our roleplay to throw parties and I have a studio which again is a property for roleplay, this will mean that I will have to pay upwards to $100,000 every week which is utterly stupid and in the meantime I don't get any sort of income besides of once in every 2-3 months if I get to realize my events because it takes long enough to get something done when admins are involved or something big is planned while the pay is not really big. 

(2) I can't grasp it what you guys are on but it's not the solution that will help the server but only ruin it. I assure you that most of the people will sell their properties on MP because what you suggest is RIDICULOUS, I have a lot of money but hell I am not looking to get drained in a months time just because you want to implement something you have no idea from.

(3) Your suggestion might only work for people to change houses every week/month so everyone gets to own it for a bit because nobody will hold onto anything long-term and so why would they even purchase it in the first place.

(4) Can you please provide me with your character's income and if it is steady every week so we can look at it more seriously? Oh, you don't play anymore.

1. Firstly, apartments are unincluded. Read the bold text on the thread. That said, well planned parties make 150,000+ easily. I remember the yacht party we threw and made around 200,000 from entries alone.

2. I hope people start selling houses at MP, lmao. That means that players won't have to go through PM, and that availability will be solved. That's wishful thinking. Houses will still be hard to get, but this should tip the scale a bit.

3. No one is meant to hold onto anything permanently. In a perfect system, everyone only holds onto things for as long as they're using them. That's the point.

4. Ad hominem. My character makes a lot of money. 100k a month would actually be nothing compared to his income. Does this make literally any difference when looking at this thread? No. The stats do. Mine are but one among many.

Edited by maramizo
23 minutes ago, Beatrix said:

I agree on paying tax, but not high enough to make people grind. 

Also there should be a way to avoid tax somehow for illegal roleplayers. 

Taxation isn't the issue. This isn't some sort of IC metric. This is literally an upkeep equivalent that's mainly OOC to ensure that due to the limited supply of properties, they're not being hogged by people that don't use/need them.

9 minutes ago, maramizo said:

1. Firstly, apartments are unincluded. Read the bold text on the thread. That said, well planned parties make 150,000+ easily. I remember the yacht party we threw and made around 200,000 from entries alone.

2. I hope people start selling houses at MP, lmao. That means that players won't have to go through PM, and that availability will be solved. That's wishful thinking. Houses will still be hard to get, but this should tip the scale a bit.

3. No one is meant to hold onto anything permanently. In a perfect system, everyone only holds onto things for as long as they're using them. That's the point.

4. Ad hominem. My character makes a lot of money. 100k a month would actually be nothing compared to his income. Does this make literally any difference when looking at this thread? No. The stats do. Mine are but one among many.

1. I was argumenting to the post which said "properties" and not "houses" but we both know that once it is implemented for houses it won't be long until it's implemented for apartments too, Nervous's answer was also too general according to this. Well planned party do make 150k easily but what do you have? 2 security guards that you pay 2k-5k/hour and you take your profit fully? Well it's not the same with my festivals, there is a difference, a huge one. 

2. I see your point, you want an MP house but there are only so many so, GL.

3. Exactly and people do so, even I sold my house in Vespucci because I don't need it anymore but the suggestion really kills the longer term holding of properties entirely.

4. Where does that income come from perhaps you can give more details on that? Maybe you are scamming people and abusing scripts to make so much money which has nothing to do with realistic jobs like most other people do have.

Just now, ScottieP said:

1. I was argumenting to the post which said "properties" and not "houses" but we both know that once it is implemented for houses it won't be long until it's implemented for apartments too, Nervous's answer was also too general according to this. Well planned party do make 150k easily but what do you have? 2 security guards that you pay 2k-5k/hour and you take your profit fully? Well it's not the same with my festivals, there is a difference, a huge one. 

2. I see your point, you want an MP house but there are only so many so, GL.

3. Exactly and people do so, even I sold my house in Vespucci because I don't need it anymore but the suggestion really kills the longer term holding of properties entirely.

4. Where does that income come from perhaps you can give more details on that? Maybe you are scamming people and abusing scripts to make so much money which has nothing to do with realistic jobs like most other people do have.

1. If they do transfer it over to apartments, that'd be a discussion for a different time. Right now, I see little reason for that to happen.
  2. Thank you.
  3. And you're good for doing that, but many other people don't have that courtesy. This suggestion aims to automatically ensure that we don't rely on good will and enhance the market in general. I know it sounds ass when you own houses, but when you're aiming to buy and you finally get the freedom to actually purchase a house for $ because the real value of houses is now hovering to their monetary value, you'd appreciate it.
  4. Businesses. My diner alone makes around $600,000 a month, then another $200,000 off the mortgaging company I run, then there's the illegal profits off the schemes me and my faction run. I don't mind sharing my own financial information, but I feel like that'd derail the topic too much. Add me on discord if you want to know more. maramizo#8220
Just now, DasFroggy said:

I support this. The taxes should also go up significantly for secondary house properties, to discourage owning and holding houses hostage to wait out the market cap rule.

Should that be the case, or should holding two houses be disabled entirely?