Jump to content

Add Weekly Offline Property Tax


maramizo

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, JustAnM43 said:

I don't agree with this. I work 12 hour shifts and stupid overtime hours and I still try my best to stay active but sometimes it's a struggle. I use the property I have which is a house. Unfortunately, the system itself is stupid as fuck. Cars that should NOT be a lease are a lease, which forces me to pay stupid prices for them that nobody in their right mind would pay IRL. Alongside that, you're forced to pay house payments for the house requests which often bleeds you dry. Are we talking realism? My character can 100% afford his property and vehicles because they're literally 60's shitboxes. (Mind you, these are leases. Why?) My money's being OOC-ly drained for stupid reasons and now I get milked for an "upkeep" tax too?

 

I try my best to be active, and no I don't have a mansion. Maintaining my property should be relatively easy realism speaking, but unfortunately the prices on this server make it impossible to do. Why should I get OOC-ly punished for trying to properly roleplay? Am I supposed to start script wise grinding to afford two fucking cars and a house for a character that's got three years of backstory? I'd be all up for this if this server didn't milk people's money on the stupidest of shit, but for now, I'm kind of against it. I do countless hours of research on the vehicles and the property my character has to make sure the financial part of roleplay adds up, and then the server decides "haha lol fuck realism go be a mechanic to afford a house." I'd be OK with this if the prices weren't so stupid. People are being OOC-ly milked for money for the silliest of things, and this shouldn't be one of them.

Totally agree.

 

1) Taxes won't solve any issues.

2) They will only annoy house owners.

 

And that's the trend I have noticed with many suggestions lately. If somebody owns a house, they suddenly turn into an enemy of the community and players are trying to come up with new ideas how to make their experience unpleasant.

Link to comment

I quit the server around a month ago so I am not sure what the situation is right now, although I suppose it is similar. I have a solution though.

 

20% would be way too much. Lots of decent properties cost around $100,000-$200,000, which would translate to a $20,000-$40,000 weekly payment. They're not huge mansions either.

 

The best (and only) way to regulate this would be to introduce a regressive tax system. Otherwise some people will end up paying WAY too much for just wanting to play, while people holding onto cheap properties would not pay much at all. Introduce tax brackets for housing. It's not that big of a deal.

 

This is my solution.

  • 12% as a default value for all properties valued at $35,000 or less, which would yield a result of a maximum $4,200 a week in tax.
  • A decrease of 0.03 percentage points for each 5,000 (or 0.000006% per dollar).
  • This would mean the following, as examples:
    • A $95,000 MP property will have a $11,058 weekly tax, at 11.64%.
    • A $105,000 MP property will have a $12,159 weekly tax, at 11.58%.
    • A $200,000 MP property will have a $22,020 weekly tax, at 11.01%.
    • A whopping $400,000 MP property will have a $39,240 weekly tax, at 9.81%.
  • This would, obviously, only take into consideration the MP of the property and not the price of the furniture, or else people with nice homes will be taxed for no reason.
  • Decrease the percentage by 2.5% - 5% if the player is inactive - add it as a donator perk - a decrease, not a complete removal of the tax.
  • The taxes could be looked at as various in-character upfront, occasional and continued expenses (ref), although this is an entirely OOC problem. More on this below.
  • I will attach a simple Excel file that I used to generate these numbers in order for other people to play with them and come up with better numbers. This is just an example (which I believe is pretty good, honestly). Either way, there has to be a tax and it has to be regressive.
  • @effion you guys might be interested in this.

Increasing the number of houses won't fix anything. Say you add 5,000 more houses, huge number (of applications, especially). It will be fine for a month (besides the tremendous work from Property Management) until everyone who wanted a house will have one, and then, when there are none left (considering there are 100,000 users and thousands more registering every month, number that was increasing last time I checked), you'll be back here, at square one. Removing the price cap will also do nothing. GTA World will just be LSRP v2, houses will definitely be on sale, but for millions upon millions of dollars.

 

As I said before, this is in no way an in-character problem and it can't (and shouldn't) be referenced as such. It is not a realistic issue. In real life, if you have the money, you can buy a house, or at least an apartment. If there are none available (which is unlikely), you can build one from scratch. People are also not "hoarding" houses (in this way, for these reasons). There are two problems in-game: there is a highly limited supply of housing that physically cannot be increased - even scripting all of the houses on the map will just delay this same issue - and the fact that buying decisions are for the most part, influenced by the OOC decisions of players (and not characters) of buying a certain property in a specific area, thus making some purely worthless areas (the real-life counterparts) extremely sought-after for no realistic reason - think of $300,000 for a run-down trailer twice the size of a prison cell, looking worse than one, in the middle of nowhere, or having to wait for months in order to buy a small apartment in Forum Drive - these are not realistic decisions and should not be referenced as such. They are, however, perfectly fine on an out-of-character level.

 

Either way, something has to be done and I believe that implemeting taxes on housing is a must. If someone is truly using a property to role-play, that means that the character should afford it. Living in a $35,000 Forum Drive apartment as a gang-banger and paying $5,000 a week is not a big deal. Living in a $400,000 ultra-mansion and portraying a mob boss and paying $40,000 or so a week is also not a huge deal. This will weed out the people who don't actually do anything but rather hoard properties - if someone only keeps a really cool house (that someone else wants to RP in) for possible future profits, they'll be paying $20,000 a week on it and all of those profits will be gone in weeks. They will either sell it or run out of money and sell it. Hoarded properties will become a money sink.

taxes.xlsx

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

It's very easy to get money in the first place. You start on the server fresh, play for about twenty five hours doing lets say taxi driver roleplay and you get 5,000 per hour and 4,000 for four hours from the job plus anything the other players pay you for the service, lets round that up to an average of 10,000 for the twenty five hours played. This brings us to:

 

5,000(beginners money) * 25(hours) =     125,000

4,000(taxi job roleplay) * 4(hours)      =   +16,000

Player given money                               =   +10.000

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total earned in twenty five hours       =     151,000

 

That is just crazy flow of money into the server with minimal deduction just from one player alone, so I completly support that there should be more forms of taxation and other costs that would at least attempt to fix the economy a bit, keep in mind that expenses should scale based on someone's income or balance. In the end it's a very hard thing to balance.

 

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, JustAnM43 said:

I don't agree with this. I work 12 hour shifts and stupid overtime hours and I still try my best to stay active but sometimes it's a struggle. I use the property I have which is a house. Unfortunately, the system itself is stupid as fuck. Cars that should NOT be a lease are a lease, which forces me to pay stupid prices for them that nobody in their right mind would pay IRL. Alongside that, you're forced to pay house payments for the house requests which often bleeds you dry. Are we talking realism? My character can 100% afford his property and vehicles because they're literally 60's shitboxes. (Mind you, these are leases. Why?) My money's being OOC-ly drained for stupid reasons and now I get milked for an "upkeep" tax too?

 

I try my best to be active, and no I don't have a mansion. Maintaining my property should be relatively easy realism speaking, but unfortunately the prices on this server make it impossible to do. Why should I get OOC-ly punished for trying to properly roleplay? Am I supposed to start script wise grinding to afford two fucking cars and a house for a character that's got three years of backstory? I'd be all up for this if this server didn't milk people's money on the stupidest of shit, but for now, I'm kind of against it. I do countless hours of research on the vehicles and the property my character has to make sure the financial part of roleplay adds up, and then the server decides "haha lol fuck realism go be a mechanic to afford a house." I'd be OK with this if the prices weren't so stupid. People are being OOC-ly milked for money for the silliest of things, and this shouldn't be one of them.

 

Upkeep would only be on owned assets, it would make NO sense for you to pay upkeep on a leased asset, since you've already been screened by PM to own said asset. You also can't sell the asset. There's absolutely no need for anyone on a lease to pay an upkeep. I get your point, that's not the suggestion.

 

5 minutes ago, Stanty said:

 

(1) If someone is inactive to the point that they do not have any cash flow, the house will be removed due to inactivity. You lose your property for 15 days of inactivity. But also, if you log in-game to do nothing but to simply avoid the inactivity timer, property management will remove your house.

 

(2) So let's assume I manage to purchase a house and it makes perfect sense for my character. What's the purpose of the taxes? It's not going to make me want to sell the property. It will only cause the annoyance.

 

(3) Players who hold onto the houses for a long period of time are the ones who can afford it. I am sure most of them have multiple millions on their balance and even if you focus on your character without a care about your house, you will have a cash flow.

 

(4) On top of that. Character activity doesn't necessarily mean activity of the property. A player might own a flat and focus their RP there and never show up to their house, they just hold this house forever because they think it might be useful for the future. How are you going to control that? That player is not inactive but the property is still inactive.

 

(5) And you also mentioned someone who has $2,000,000. It's going to take about two actual years until your taxes make them run out of money, which is also impossible because if they regularly play they have a cash flow. Again, if they don't play regularly and they come in-game to AFK for the sake of keeping their property, management is going to remove their property.

  1. Not true. Right now you can just log in a few hours here and there and keep it ad nauseum. In fact, you have to be reported to get detected for the most part.
  2. Since you actually are putting in the effort? Yeah. Minor inconvenience for the most part. If you're someone that really doesn't need it? You'd reconsider. That's the point. Getting you to reconsider.
  3. Again, you're assuming. At the very least we're eliminating a considerable portion of the market; people that don't have millions and would buy the house for the property.
  4. Then they should buy it in the future?
  5. Depends on the amount paid. If we follow the example above @ 40k a week? They'd run dry in 50 weeks, a little under a year. That's two million, gone, because you just wanted to hold onto one property.
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, maramizo said:

 

  1. Not true. Right now you can just log in a few hours here and there and keep it ad nauseum. In fact, you have to be reported to get detected for the most part.
  2. Since you actually are putting in the effort? Yeah. Minor inconvenience for the most part. If you're someone that really doesn't need it? You'd reconsider. That's the point. Getting you to reconsider.
  3. Again, you're assuming. At the very least we're eliminating a considerable portion of the market; people that don't have millions and would buy the house for the property.
  4. Then they should buy it in the future?
  5. Depends on the amount paid. If we follow the example above @ 40k a week? They'd run dry in 50 weeks, a little under a year. That's two million, gone, because you just wanted to hold onto one property.

 

I have gone over all the points already and seems like we have different opinions.

 

Even if they implement this suggestion, it's not going to solve the issue. You are not going to buy a house easier and when you get lucky and end up purchasing a house of your own in a year or so. This update will cause nothing but annoyance to you.

Link to comment
18 minutes ago, Rasta said:

It's very easy to get money in the first place. You start on the server fresh, play for about twenty five hours doing lets say taxi driver roleplay and you get 5,000 per hour and 4,000 for four hours from the job plus anything the other players pay you for the service, lets round that up to an average of 10,000 for the twenty five hours played. This brings us to:

 

5,000(beginners money) * 25(hours) =     125,000

4,000(taxi job roleplay) * 4(hours)      =   +16,000

Player given money                               =   +10.000

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total earned in twenty five hours       =     151,000

 

That is just crazy flow of money into the server with minimal deduction just from one player alone, so I completly support that there should be more forms of taxation and other costs that would at least attempt to fix the economy a bit, keep in mind that expenses should scale based on someone's income or balance. In the end it's a very hard thing to balance.

 

👏👏👏

Link to comment
Just now, BigSmileLing said:

"I can't get a house so I'm gonna open a thread on the forum to punish those who owns a house so that they sell it and I will able to buy it".

I do have a house. Please do not turn this thread into an ad hominem and stay on topic.

Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
  • Create New...