Add Weekly Offline Property Tax

maramizo

9 hours ago, ScottieP said:

Hah, no. I have 2 apartments (Penthouses) which are used for our roleplay to throw parties and I have a studio which again is a property for roleplay, this will mean that I will have to pay upwards to $100,000 every week which is utterly stupid and in the meantime I don't get any sort of income besides of once in every 2-3 months if I get to realize my events because it takes long enough to get something done when admins are involved or something big is planned while the pay is not really big. 

I can't grasp it what you guys are on but it's not the solution that will help the server but only ruin it. I assure you that most of the people will sell their properties on MP because what you suggest is RIDICULOUS, I have a lot of money but hell I am not looking to get drained in a months time just because you want to implement something you have no idea from.

Your suggestion might only work for people to change houses every week/month so everyone gets to own it for a bit because nobody will hold onto anything long-term and so why would they even purchase it in the first place.

Can you please provide me with your character's income and if it is steady every week so we can look at it more seriously? Oh, you don't play anymore.

Well, exactly. That's a great example of what this suggestion is about. If your character doesn't make a ton of money, and even more, does so every few months, then it's perfectly normal to not be able to afford 2 penthouses AND a studio. That's exactly what happens in real life. If a person makes $100,000 per quarter, can they afford paying mortgages on three large, luxurious properties, as well as fixing anything that might get broken, utilities, insurance premiums, an HOA fee, probably employees for cleaning and cooking and so on? No. That's exactly how it works. If you can't afford it, you can't have it. Your character is an amazing example for this issue - while they can't realistically own these properties but has 2 penthouses, someone else who has the funds has 0 penthouses because there aren't any. The idea is to both reduce unrealistic occurences and portrayal while also giving everyone the chance to get a house without paying millions (by removing the cap) or having to wait for one whole, real-life year just to have a chance of getting one. No one will get drained of money if their character is actually rich and making money - if they are not making money, then they would, just like in real life. I can't see how this solution would ruin the server. Again, the numbers I provided are just examples, the formula and idea is what matters.

Back when I played here, my character was making around $49,000 a week, in the Sheriff's Department. He owned a pick-up truck that cost around $2,000 a month and a decent $95,000 apartment, which would've cost $11,058 a week, leaving him with more than $35,000 a week. I think that is pretty decent and realistic. Now, if I were to buy three houses, a business and two apartments, of course I would've ran out of money (or even went in debt). That's because of my own poor choices though, not because of the system.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1