Change how GTAW handles off-platform content

I read this thread and while I do not know any of the involved parties, it raised a question to me about what is the staff team doing to protect players from being targeted/bullied off platform when it can affect things on platform. The logic that just because it happens on a unofficial platform means it should not effect them here is really going against the idea of trying to keep a stable safe community. My suggestion is basic in that, if you have legitimate proof of somebody doing some fucked up shit then make a report and lets boot the fucker from the community but otherwise bullying or harassing them on other platforms, be it official or not does nothing to make players feel like staff is helping to create a safe player friendly environment.

tl'dr if you are being a cunt to somebody and harassing/doxing them off platform then you shouldn't have this blanket of immunity. On the same note if they are really deserving of it admins should look into it and remove the problematic person.

Edited by Eid
  • Upvote 3
  • Rhy Rhy changed the title to Change how GTAW handles off-platform content

A topic you can debate about for quite a while. Generally, it is hard to impose rules on things said or done in external platforms such as private discord servers. If one says XY in private server ZQ with their friends, it is hard to punish them for that, let alone it being too much for a community like GTAW to ask for from their players. You would essentially have to moderate any and all platforms in a way.

Moderating external platforms is not feasable as there are too many factors playing into it - let alone detecting and overwatching activity. Sure, this should not be a blanket for blatant toxicity, harassment, doxing and the likes being acceptable. Although I believe when it comes to such targeting and its relation to GTAW as a community (e.g. group X harassing person Y for w/e happened on GTAW), it can and should be handled appropriately.

Personally that whole IFC group is a snake pit full of toxic players who don't care about the experiences of others whatsoever, they claim that they stand for better RP but I guarantee that's all a lie so that Nervous keeps allowing them to continue doing what they do without being booted from the community like players who do toxic shit like they do always have, the other point is that they don't really stand for anything, let alone good roleplay or any of that.

All they do is sit in a fake podcast discussing other people publicly, never themselves, never improving their own terrible roleplay and most definitely never why none of them can keep a faction open for longer than 2 weeks without being banned. The report you posted was posted after the start of IFC's little crusade against me where they claimed I did all types of things that I wont comment about here.

Regardless of all that, after the podcast was posted, my good friend Black Swan and I recieved barrages of hateful messages, Additionally, Black Swan recieved text messages from random numbers (Probably just IFC members) because she rped with me and my associates at the time, i've additionally recieved countless messages asking questions about things people 'say' I've roleplayed, but never have and quite honestly got sick of it, so I reported them.

The toxicity in this community will never subside until something's done about the toxic hole that is IFC. Preferably that solution would be that management goes ahead and gives everyone in it that harasses and doxes players (not just including myself, there's others too who've been harassed and dox'd by these people) a free vacation to the ban appeal section

Edited by Garras Up
11 hours ago, orca112 said:

A topic you can debate about for quite a while. Generally, it is hard to impose rules on things said or done in external platforms such as private discord servers. If one says XY in private server ZQ with their friends, it is hard to punish them for that, let alone it being too much for a community like GTAW to ask for from their players. You would essentially have to moderate any and all platforms in a way.

Moderating external platforms is not feasable as there are too many factors playing into it - let alone detecting and overwatching activity. Sure, this should not be a blanket for blatant toxicity, harassment, doxing and the likes being acceptable. Although I believe when it comes to such targeting and its relation to GTAW as a community (e.g. group X harassing person Y for w/e happened on GTAW), it can and should be handled appropriately.

i literally have a warning on my ucp for saying something rude to somebody in a private call on discord, nervous still gave me a warning on the ucp for it, which i didn't dispute. IDK how it's not feasible personally, people have been banned for shit they've said off platform before too.

Edited by Garras Up

Your actions outside the community still affect the community. You can't just claim immunity just because it wasn't said on GTA:W or the forums or something. 

If you get insulted outside the community, such as discord or whatever- you definitely should just block them and move on, not file a report claiming "ooc insults" because thats petty, honestly. Use your personal judgment here to determine if this person crossed the line.

If somebody continually harasses you and makes some serious threats, like dox or death threats, then you definitely have the right to file a report this person. Again, judgement comes into play.

A community helps each other out, welcomes each other, holds each other accountable, etc. Players should not be bullied off of the server simply because they don't like each other. You shouldn't have to worry about discrimination and targeted harassment here.

And yes, if anybody had any "dirt" on somebody not fit for the community, it should be forwarded to staff instead of just going around claiming you have proof. Then I'm totally down with "booting the fucker from the community". Lol.

• Upvote 2

Honestly if its done from one community member to the other community member and it relates the something in the community, the server should impose reprimands; easy as that.

About that specific case; the discord server of IFC is 99% GTA World members. They target GTA World members (Ive been called a supporter of rape... 2021 sure is a great time to be alive). Their little disclaimer is very cute but should hold 0 value in this case, any lawyer can see its a community discord related to GTA World.

Impose reprimands, have people face consequences for their actions in, against or with this community regardless of platform following my top alinea.

14 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

You'll get in trouble for breaking rules that directly effect the community even if they're off platform, the difference here is who you know OOC and who knows you.

shoutout the racists a certain somebody secretly unbans behind the scenes you're not allowed to know about

Two people were let off the hook because they made their defamation, accusations and black mail through the IFC discord and podcast “which arent official GTA World platforms”.