[LSNN] SAASCAR professional driver Dustin Rivers: "We've got a lot of tuning of the cars and stress testing to make sure they perform exactly as the driver intends. It's a lot of technical tweaking that makes that bond between a driver and his car."

5yHwzO3.png

Y8l4IDT.png

SAASCAR professional driver Dustin Rivers: "We've got a lot of tuning of the cars and stress testing to make sure they perform exactly as the driver intends. It's a lot of technical tweaking that makes that bond between a driver and his car."

BY DENNIS SIDWELL

Los Santos, SA - On the 2nd of June, 2021, the LSNN team conducted an interview with one of the SAASCAR professional drivers, Dustin Rivers. This is the written version of the interview which was held on air, in the LSNN studio.

nKUnotT.png

Dennis Sidwell and Dustin Rivers in the studio

Dennis Sidwell: Mister Rivers, welcome to our studio!

Dustin Rivers: Thank you for having me Dennis, it's real pleasure.

Dennis Sidwell: The pleasure is mine! Dustin, may I call you Dustin? I already feel the temperature in the studio rising up, and I'm sure it'd be much "worse" once the actual race happens. How do you feel now, knowing that you're going to face such a race where you'd have to show your professional driving skills yet again?

Dustin Rivers: Of course you may. You know Dennis, the competition out there is strong. I know I'll have a lot of work cut out for me but I've got a dedicated team behind me to make sure we're on top performance. 

Dennis Sidwell: Can you tell me and the audience, what's happening "behind the curtain"? How does it look to prepare for such an exclusive, highly visited race, as expected, what does your training consist of? And how is your team helping to practically achieve yet another goal in the racing world? Oh and, you know what else I'm curious about? Is it like a drug? Do you get dopamine rush? I hear chuckling amongst the audience. They like my questions!

Dustin Rivers: That's an excellent question. Behind the scenes we've got a lot of tuning of the cars and stress testing to make sure they perform exactly as the driver intends. It's a lot of technical tweaking that makes that bond between a driver and his car. Syndicate Racing is made up of some of the best back street mechanics this city has seen. 

Dennis Sidwell: Let's lower down the temperature in the studio a little bit. Tell me, Dustin, away of the racing world, who is Dustin Rivers privately? What are your hobbies? And if you say racing is your hobby, then I will challenge you for a race! I'm joking, to clarify this right away. I don't want to lose.

Dustin Rivers: Of course, I work in logistics by trade so have always been behind a wheel in one way or another. In my spare time, dare I say, I love to get behind the wheel of cars with a bit more ponies. So dare I say Dennis, I may have to accept that challenge.

Dennis Sidwell: That's it, that's it. Alright, alright, heh, to continue with, allow me to ask, what are your future plans in the field?

Dustin Rivers: Absolutely, if you'll pardon the pun, it's a fast moving industry. I'm always looking to improve, find the next edge and on top performance. Where it will take me and the team from there will surely depend on the next few weeks.

Dennis Sidwell: Are you satisfied with the whole organization provided by CEO Peretti?

Dustin Rivers: Absolutely. It's come an incredible way. The opportunities for small groups like us to clash drivers with the big leagues has really leveled the playing field. I think it's a cracking job what he's done. Nothing but credit.

Dennis Sidwell: Dustin, let's talk about a couple of topics that have nothing to do with racing. But you're a well-known person, your opinion on these topics would be appreciated. There's been several traffic accidents lately, in Los Santos. What's your view, as a professional driver, on the traffic safety in our city?

Dustin Rivers: That's an excellent question. As you well know. I like to drive fast. However the streets are not the place to do so. I urge anyone out there listening, with a need for speed, keep it on the track.

Dennis Sidwell: Is the sport that you love safe for children, or should it be kept to adults only, with strict safety regulations in place? Karting, not with cars, of course. 

Dustin Rivers: That depends Dennis and I am glad you brought up karting. It's an excellent way for children to develop into the sport that I know and love. There is for sure limits and regulations in place in order to protect drivers when the cars are at limits. I couldn't, in good mind, say that stock cars are suitable for the youth. However, on a dedicated track, with proper protections, regulations and trained marshals karting is ideal for them. 

Dennis Sidwell: Dustin, I want to ask you one more question before we conclude tonight's show. Can I take a selfie with you, in case you win the race and I have it beforehand and I can act amongst my friends that I knew that you were going to win?

Dustin Rivers: Well Dennis, it'd be my pleasure. Let me be the first to tell you, you will have to be sending that photo around a lot when I do win.

Dennis Sidwell: Well Dustin, I will remember your words here. You've given a word in front of a huge audience. You better win, now. You have to. 

Dustin Rivers: Too right Dennis, I hope to see you in the stands cheering me on. 

Y8l4IDT.png

2OyH6Zd.png

> Comments are enabled

Username: 

Comment:

Edited by YB
  • Upvote 2
On 6/3/2021 at 7:57 AM, LilManiac said:

Username: MasterR1cK 

Comment: He dresses like he's straight out of a Tim Burton movie, but I hope he wins.

Username: bossman42

Comment: You are the MILLIONTH VIEWER! CLICKK !!HERE!! to claim your FREE PRIZE!!!! CONGARATULETIONS!!! (( If you roleplay clicking this link, you would see a page that simply says 404 Not Found and your device downloads a virus. In a few days time, your device is locked with an image claiming that the FBI has seized your device due to you viewing illicit illegal materials on the internet and you must send iTunes giftcards to rectify the situation or be the grand winner of a Federal Warrant. You must /banktransfer $5000 to Kenneth Abello in order to save your device. ))

37 minutes ago, Calvano said:

Username: bossman42

Comment: You are the MILLIONTH VIEWER! CLICKK !!HERE!! to claim your FREE PRIZE!!!! CONGARATULETIONS!!! (( If you roleplay clicking this link, you would see a page that simply says 404 Not Found and your device downloads a virus. In a few days time, your device is locked with an image claiming that the FBI has seized your device due to you viewing illicit illegal materials on the internet and you must send iTunes giftcards to rectify the situation or be the grand winner of a Federal Warrant. You must /banktransfer $5000 to Kenneth Abello in order to save your device. ))

** This comment is caught by the spam bot and is hidden from public view, the IP is also blocked and logged. **

Edited by Mitch
  • 10 months later...