[LSNN] IFC President Artur Zacharian: "My love for MMA was the main reason for us to found the IFC; You can expect violence, competition, drama and entertaining fights; Bellicose MMA doesn't even have weight-ins or rankings"

5yHwzO3.png

Y8l4IDT.png

IFC President Artur Zacharian: "My love for MMA was the main reason for us to found the IFC; You can expect violence, competition, drama and entertaining fights; Bellicose MMA doesn't even have weight-ins or rankings"

BY DENNIS SIDWELL

Los Santos, SA - On the 1st of June, 2021, the LSNN team conducted an interview with President of the International Fighting Championship, Artur Zacharian. This is the written version of the interview which was held on air, in the LSNN studio.

J89vdHO.png

Dennis Sidwell and Artur Zacharian in the studio

Dennis Sidwell: Mister Zacharian, welcome.

Artur Zacharian: Thank you for having me, Dennis. It's a pleasure to be here.

Dennis Sidwell: Mister Zacharian, before we begin talking, I don't watch sports. I only watch politics, so go easy on me, yeah?

Artur Zacharian: No worries Dennis, that's what I'm here for. You can ask me anything about MMA, I'm here to answer!

Dennis Sidwell: We will talk about MMA, but first, tell me and the audience, who is Artur Zacharian privately? What are your hobbies? And if you tell me that MMA is your hobby, I will... challenge you for a MMA match.

Artur Zacharian: Well, you are right. MMA is indeed a huge hobby of mine. I've been a fan of fighting, the fight game. In particular a fan of mixed martial arts. My love for MMA was the main reason for us to found the IFC. We wanted to find out who the best mixed martial arts fighter of Los Santos is. In our organisation this is what we strive for, for competition. And about me personally, Dennis, like I said, I'm just a huge fight fan, looking to sign young, hungry and talented fighters. Put together amazing events where these young athletes and talents can compete. 

Dennis Sidwell: In the world of sports, would you consider MMA to be the hardest sport? The most dangerous sport? One of my friends, who's a boxer, often says "you can't play boxing". Can that be said about MMA too? 

Artur Zacharian: Oh, most definitely Dennis. Your friend is right about that one, you can't play fighting. It's a tough sport, it requires you to train, day in day out, to compete and prove to the world that you're the better man or woman between you and your opponent.

Dennis Sidwell: What type of trainings are required, before a person is ready to go in the ring and win? In MMA, precisely, but it can be about other fighting sports too. Basically... Is there condition trainings too, or only simulating matches, one versus one?

Artur Zacharian: You see, MMA is ''mixed, martial, arts''. It combines a bunch of different martial arts, such as; boxing, kickboxing, muay thai, judo, wrestling, taekwondo, brazilian jiu-jitsu. The list keeps going. We have the unified rules of MMA which we follow to keep the fights competitive and fair, while at the same time minimizing the risk to a fighter's health.

Dennis Sidwell: Does it mean, no rules, when it comes to fighting? 

Artur Zacharian: No, no, we do have rules in place to protect the fighters. In professional MMA the referee explains these rules to them in the locker room before their fight. And yeah, to answer your question; fighters train all aspects of competing in mixed martial arts. That means their stand-up fighting, and also on the ground, as well as strength and conditioning. 

Dennis Sidwell: Artur, can someone die in MMA?

Artur Zacharian: The chances of someone dying in MMA are very unlikely. During a professional MMA bout, there's cut-men that jump into the octagon between each round. They help treat the cuts and bruises a fighter gets during their fight. Also, we have a doctor present during each fight, to make ensure the fighters' health during, and after their fight.

Dennis Sidwell: Tell us more about the IFC. What have you acomplished so far, and what are your future plans?

Artur Zacharian: We're working very hard on all aspects of the IFC, and so far we've managed to acquire our own venue; the IFC Arena which is in Hawick. We're currently working on getting the place furnished and designed properly. As far as fighters go, we've signed a few fighters in the Lightweight division. We have multiple weight divisions with each their own rankings. Currently we're looking to hire more staff and most importantly signing talented fighters. I think that's where most of our focus is at the moment. And we're looking at a bright future ahead. We're working on matchmaking and setting up our very first IFC event soon.

Dennis Sidwell: What do you think about the two MMA fighters Levan Botkoveli and Sala Bolo? Would you work with the two fighters, as both of them have won two fight nights in The Rockford Dome organized by Bellicose MMA, managed by Frank Palma and would you work with Bellicose MMA, or you'd stay competition?

Artur Zacharian: Yeah, Levan is a good friend of mine, I've been in contact with him. We've had talks, but I can't say much more about that. I'd work with any talented fighter, doesn't matter where you're from, which organization you've been with. Doesn't matter. We're called the International Fighting Championship. Everyone is welcome. We're a professional organization. I've never even heard of Bella-- Belli-- whatever. We don't need to work with any other MMA organization in Los Santos. We are the MMA organization, and, promotion in LS. We aim to keep professionalism as our top priority, and you're going to see the difference in our events. Actually, let me ask you something Dennis. Have you ever thought about what their fighters' records are? How many wins they have, how many losses? Have you ever though about if they even have a weigh-in, or weight classes? Do they have rankings? Where can you find those? The IFC will have three weight classes, Lightweight, Middleweight, Heavyweight. And also, a women's division. We're keeping a ranking system for each division, with a real championship title and belt. We also keep track of our fighters' records, and we use their fights to determine who we match them against next. Sorry, what was your question again?

Dennis Sidwell: Mister Zacharian, what made you get interested precisely in MMA? And what can the fans expect to see from the IFC under your management and organization? 

Artur Zacharian: See, I've been a MMA fan since youth. I got interested by watching MMA bouts on the TV, as a kid. I started watching and following some of the old-school fighters back then. What the fans can expect? Violence, competition, drama and most importantly, entertaining fights. We're going to provide entertaining, competitive fights. We're planning to host press-conferences and weigh in ceremonies for our events, where the public can attend. 

Dennis Sidwell: We can expect violence, competition, drama and entertaining fights! Mister Zacharian, thank you for being our guest tonight in the studio. It has been a pleasure talking to you.

Artur Zacharian: Thank you Dennis, was a pleasure to be here.

Y8l4IDT.png

2OyH6Zd.png

> Comments are enabled

Username: 

Comment:

Edited by YB
  • Upvote 2

Username: RayRay

Comment: This is just a silly (and probably paid) article written by LSNN. I've owned gym for some time and I'm not that clueless about fight scene, and I'm sure that everyone who has some knowledge about it as well knows the level of professionalism coming from Bellicose while up until reading this article I've never even heard about IFC.

LSNN just needs to admit that they're not even journalists at this point, they push one sided stories without doing a single bit of investigation into matters and only report one-sided stories which isn't exactly somewhat what journalists should do (unless they come from Eastern European countries where all news are propaganda news ran by the state).

To make matters worse, in order to attract even slight attention to their articles in hopes of getting some readers they resort to click bait-ish titles as well as half truths only to make a sticking out headline...

11 hours ago, .George said:

Username: RayRay

Comment: This is just a silly (and probably paid) article written by LSNN. I've owned gym for some time and I'm not that clueless about fight scene, and I'm sure that everyone who has some knowledge about it as well knows the level of professionalism coming from Bellicose while up until reading this article I've never even heard about IFC.

LSNN just needs to admit that they're not even journalists at this point, they push one sided stories without doing a single bit of investigation into matters and only report one-sided stories which isn't exactly somewhat what journalists should do (unless they come from Eastern European countries where all news are propaganda news ran by the state).

To make matters worse, in order to attract even slight attention to their articles in hopes of getting some readers they resort to click bait-ish titles as well as half truths only to make a sticking out headline...

Username: Ace
Comment: You seem very stupid. This is not a written article by a journalist, this is a written version of an interview that was held on air, in the LSNN studio. That means the interviewed person says his own answers.

Edited by YB