New Advertisement System & it's affect on businesses

1 minute ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Fact is, the new adverts system already hurt business a lot, usually you'd see clubs be more packed, with the new system, barely anyone is coming. Mainly due to the fact that they fail to notice the advert that a club/bar is open.

I think from a personal experience and others I've roleplayed with. We simply don't care about bar #34 and club #53 opening up, there's nothing innovative going on with those sectors. IRL clubs have different gimmicks to draw customers in, right now all we have is cat ears and EDM, if anything changes from that, then it would be more alluring.

1 minute ago, Oaks. said:

I think from a personal experience and others I've roleplayed with. We simply don't care about bar #34 and club #53 opening up, there's nothing innovative going on with those sectors. IRL clubs have different gimmicks to draw customers in, right now all we have is cat ears and EDM, if anything changes from that, then it would be more alluring.

I agree, but this will affect Coffee shops and other businessed as well. The first to suffer are the bars and clubs.

• Developer
19 minutes ago, Oaks. said:

Personally feel like the current position is already invasive enough, top right would only be more annoying. 

This.

I chose specifically for the bottom right so its not in your face but also still noticeable.

Honestly people's minds are automatically filtering the green text in the chat if they dont plan on going anywhere. I never read ads with the old system unless I was looking for a car or event specifically. Now you just do /ads and look at it. The old system was simply not good enough anymore for the current playerbase. People spamming their keys to try and get an ad aired... with 800 players that took almost 30mins to an hour for some..

This system is more fair for everyone, sure some changes we do might now be appreciated by some but we strive to improve quality and look what's best for the server and its gameplay. 

• Upvote 1

Not going to lie, ever since the implementation of the new ads script I have not ONCE checked /ads. While before, I would see the advertisements pop up in the chat and every so often, see something interesting come by which would trigger me to go check it out; that doesn't happen anymore as I pay 0 attention to the ads in the bottom of the screen. While the advertisements in the chat could've been rather annoying, they sure did bring in a fair amount of people to your business. I am yet to see its effects on businesses, as I simply haven't gone to one yet due to what I just explained. But I can definitely imagine that it impacted businesses in a horrible fashion. Especially small businesses that really had to depend on the odd person being influenced by seeing your advertisement and impulsively deciding to show up. Something that I can't imagine happening anymore now. I think the ad system went the wrong way, I think the old system should be enabled by default and a player can choose to switch it off by free will.

Edited by Martyn
2 minutes ago, St3fan[NL] said:

This.

I chose specifically for the bottom right so its not in your face but also still noticeable.

Honestly people's minds are automatically filtering the green text in the chat if they dont plan on going anywhere. I never read ads with the old system unless I was looking for a car or event specifically. Now you just do /ads and look at it. The old system was simply not good enough anymore for the current playerbase. People spamming their keys to try and get an ad aired... with 800 players that took almost 30mins to an hour for some..

This system is more fair for everyone, sure some changes we do might now be appreciated by some but we strive to improve quality and look what's best for the server and its gameplay. 

How is it fair to everyone when you post an ad and no one notices it at all?

1 minute ago, Martyn said:

Not going to lie, ever since the implementation of the new ads script I have not ONCE checked /ads. While before, I would see the advertisements pop up in the chat and every so often see something interesting come by which would trigger me to go check it out; that doesn't happen anymore as I pay 0 attention to the ads in the bottom of the screen. While the advertisements in the chat could've been rather annoying, they sure did bring in a fair amount of people to your business. I am yet to see its effects on businesses, as I simply haven't gone to one yet due to what I just explained. But I can definitely imagine that it impacted businesses in a horrible fashion. Especially small businesses that really had to depend on the odd person being influenced by seeing your advertisement and impulsively deciding to show up. Something that I can't imagine happening anymore now. I think the ad system went the wrong way, I think the old system should be enabled by default and a player can choose to switch it off by free will.

It was like that before the full launch, where the old system was enabled.

8 minutes ago, St3fan[NL] said:

This.

Can we have it to display 1 new advertisement again? Over the actual ad?

Personal experience with the new system:

My Platinum is expired, and the new adv system works so bad with a jewelry. So, if you don't have /bad or /blip you can only send a /cad every 60 minutes with poor results. 

Edited by Vixen
  • Upvote 1

New ad system is shit. It is destroying businesses as not everyone is aware of the new ad system and also find it very difficult to use. I was not even aware they added a new ad system, most people probably don't even notice that they no longer get the ads the same way so can't switch to the old method.

THE OLD system was not practical, THE NEW system is ineffective. Compromise with a middle ground, have the system but make them appear in the chat on the left automatically. Keep /ads so you can look back at the ads afterwards if you've missed it in your chat. Give people the option to have it disabled from chat to.

7 minutes ago, Vixen said:

Personal experience with the new system:

My Platinum is expired, and the new adv system works so bad with a jewelry. So, if you don't have /bad or /blip you can only send a /cad every 60 minutes with poor results. 

Before the change, not donating IRL money for /bad or /blip was already handicapping yourself severely as a business owner. Now that the ads are not forced upon players anymore? It's even more of a pointless strategy to hope for customers to show up to your establishment with one ad every sixty minutes which is just going to be overlooked. The new system really made the whole "Pay to play" issue 10x worse for people portraying business owners. I understand the server needs money, but on a hardcore roleplay server it simply comes across extremely cheap and wrong when you cannot portray a certain type of character successfully without OOC interference (That being the money you're forced to pay)

This opinion obviously isn't anything new, I'm not preaching something revolutionary. And I've seen a lot of people give counter arguments to this, such as /blip not being a requirement for a successful business. But I urge anyone to open up ANY SORT OF BUSINESS with one /cad per 60minutes and show me that a reasonable amount of people actually show up. I'm very curious to see the results.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 2
1 minute ago, Martyn said:

Before the change, not donating IRL money for /bad or /blip was already handicapping yourself severely as a business owner. Now that the ads are not forced upon players anymore? It's even more of a pointless strategy to hope for customers to show up to your establishment with one ad every sixty minutes which is just going to be overlooked. The new system really made the whole "Pay to play" issue 10x worse for people portraying business owners. I understand the server needs money, but on a hardcore roleplay server it simply comes across extremely cheap and wrong when you cannot portray a certain type of character successfully without OOC interference (That being the money you're forced to pay)

This opinion obviously isn't anything new, I'm not preaching something revolutionary. And I've seen a lot of people give counter arguments to this, such as /blip not being a requirement for a successful business. But I urge anyone to open up ANY SORT OF BUSINESS with one /cad per 60minutes and show me that a reasonable amount of people actually show up. I'm very curious to see the results.

I agree fully the new system made the entire donate for /bad (and the other commands that come with that) situation even worse than it was and now even with /bad it is not guaranteed people will see your advert, and with the /cad every 60 minutes if you are not a donator? That's going to hinder your business quite a lot.