What is the deal with property trading?

Slamdance

1 hour ago, Power said:

Price controls don't work anyone with a basic understand of history and economics know this. Like that isn't a debate if you can't understand that I see no reason in trying to respond to the rest of your points. Like what happens if Nervous gave a million dollar to everyone on the server? Same thing that would happen IRL massive price inflation, shortages. There are economic laws you can't escape from even in a videogame economy.

I am very well aware of economic theory, and agree - price control has historically never worked in the real world, however, we are within a scripted game world. The purpose of price control on this server is to prevent a stupid growth in house prices to the point where new players could not afford property, which would happen because there is only three significant purchaseable goods on the server: property, vehicles, and guns/drugs. Within our system, new players can afford new property and is why within the context of our server, price control does work - equal opportunity for all whether they joined a day ago or four years ago.

You cannot increase the supply because we are hard-capped by the amount of houses on the GTA V map, so the alternative is to create a negative demand for houses i.e. an hourly house tax that varies on area.

Our economy is nothing like a real-world economy because it is a closed, scripted economy without outside influence, which is why adjustments need to be made using our own economic theory that suit our parameters, not real world theory.

• Applaud 2
1 hour ago, verrevert said:

You cannot increase the supply because we are hard-capped by the amount of houses on the GTA V map, so the alternative is to create a negative demand for houses i.e. an hourly house tax that varies on area.

Our economy is nothing like a real-world economy because it is a closed, scripted economy without outside influence, which is why adjustments need to be made using our own economic theory that suit our parameters, not real world theory.

Say it louder so the people in the back can hear you 👏👏👏 lol

1 hour ago, verrevert said:

Within our system, new players can afford new property and is why within the context of our server, price control does work - equal opportunity for all whether they joined a day ago or four years ago.

The entire point of this thread is that nobody can get a house unless they already have a house, which is the opposite of what you're saying.

49 minutes ago, Christopher said:

The entire point of this thread is that nobody can get a house unless they already have a house, which is the opposite of what you're saying.

Yeah, a house... tons of apartments are available. Tons of residential properties are available.

Why is everybody so desperate for a HOUSE on this server?

Edited by DLimit
9 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Yeah, a house... tons of apartments are available. Tons of residential properties are available.

Why is everybody so desperate for a HOUSE on this server?

In terms of mapping you have fewer limitations, in an apartment you can't throw walls to the ground as if you could do in a house, that's what I think.

7 minutes ago, Jennie said:

In terms of mapping you have fewer limitations, in an apartment you can't throw walls to the ground as if you could do in a house, that's what I think.

Mapping an apartment is similar to mapping a house... just ensure that the interior resembles the exterior and general area.

1 hour ago, Christopher said:

Being able to afford a property ≠ Being able to purchase a property.

7 hours ago, maramizo said:

You're merely substituting liquid cash with cash flow, which grinders in turn will adapt to and hunt. The issue is the disconnection between the actual usage of the properties, and the capacity to get them. People can get properties without using them.  That's the problem.

If there's a storage alternative and no potential for profit in flipping properties, there will be no reason for grinders to purchase properties.

You can't increase your passive cash flow by grinding - two individuals with the same job will have the same passive cash flow. Without the ability to sell the house for liquid cash, there's no incentive to purchase a property they won't use. Throw in cheap storage alternatives that are always available, and the effect is even more pronounced.

The only way we get out of this is by providing incentives for people to get rid of properties they're not using. Turn properties into a liability whose only value is RP value, and I guarantee the only people who will buy it are those who RP with it.

On 6/2/2021 at 10:15 AM, Nervous said:

- Add property taxes (not 100% decided yet and exact amount still in discussions, I would like to base it based on the weekly activity to not punish active roleplayers and not force them to grind, but if you have multiple characters with multiple houses you need to be heavily taxed if you just hold them) : Like for example 5% of MP weekly, 1% if you're active more than 20 hours during the week on that character.

I do not agree at all, keep in mind properties that are for rent. For example a 225K apartment in 3 Alta Street is put on rent for 10K per week. Well, i would be losing those 10K of rent because of the 5% tax, and i would never be able to make a profit from weekly rent, so there is no point.

Edited by 1pablop

What i think should be reviewed ASAP are the taxes paid when buying a property. When i used to have 3 properties, i had to pay like 360K in taxes for a 300K property that i wanted to buy, like what the fuck? Even if i map it and sell it, i will never get a profit off of it. I think taxes on properties should be reviewed since there could be a problem when calculating those taxes.

Edited by 1pablop
  • Wuhtah locked this topic