What is the deal with property trading?

Slamdance

25 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Age doesn't determine wealth. Wealth does. Inheritance is an issue that plagues this world, where 18 year-old influencers with rich parents live in mansions or high-end condos while 40 year-old janitors sleep in bachelor apartments.

Sure. What's the % of the people that are affected that way? Let's have these small % of people request an asset increase.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, DLimit said:

Age doesn't determine wealth. Wealth does. Inheritance is an issue that plagues this world, where 18 year-old influencers with rich parents live in mansions or high-end condos while 40 year-old janitors sleep in bachelor apartments.

There should be a correlation between age and wealth with the clear outliers you mention. I have a better idea then: you get 200k on your first character. Alts only get 50k.

Just now, Lurleen said:

There should be a correlation between age and wealth with the clear outliers you mention. I have a better idea then: you get 200k on your first character. Alts only get 50k.

What if one's main is poor but they want their alts to be wealthier?

Just now, DLimit said:

What if one's main is poor but they want their alts to be wealthier?

This, personally I think much of this could be solved w. the Conan Exiles character sheets for characters. Making people actually write up a story and such for a character before creating it. Stopping the endless hoardes of alts getting 200k. This would also allow for staff to go, okay this person is realistically one w. more assets they can have the full amount ect ect. This would also filter through the people who just want the cash to start with.

1 minute ago, Mahiko said:

This, personally I think much of this could be solved w. the Conan Exiles character sheets for characters. Making people actually write up a story and such for a character before creating it. Stopping the endless hoardes of alts getting 200k. This would also allow for staff to go, okay this person is realistically one w. more assets they can have the full amount ect ect. This would also filter through the people who just want the cash to start with.

It seems unnecessary, in my opinion, as admins are expected to handle an extensive amount of reports and requests, as it is, with hundreds of players, online, at a time. 

Just simply report people that poorly portray their characters, instead, rather than expecting each and every single character to submit a report explaining their reasoning for having $200,000 on their character. 

2 minutes ago, DLimit said:

It seems unnecessary, in my opinion, as admins are expected to handle an extensive amount of reports and requests, as it is, with hundreds of players, online, at a time. 

Just simply report people that poorly portray their characters, instead, rather than expecting each and every single character to submit a report explaining their reasoning for having $200,000 on their character. 

Wouldn't be a report, could be a queue system IE the one with applications, allowing for support staff to handle it. The issue is, we're already a gated community but we're seeing a lot of the issues that non-gated communities have. And asking the people inside to constantly report people that should've been filtered out in the first place is also a burden on the player. Cause if it gets leaked, then they're the ones with a shitty reputation for reporting others.

3 minutes ago, Mahiko said:

Wouldn't be a report, could be a queue system IE the one with applications, allowing for support staff to handle it. The issue is, we're already a gated community but we're seeing a lot of the issues that non-gated communities have. And asking the people inside to constantly report people that should've been filtered out in the first place is also a burden on the player. Cause if it gets leaked, then they're the ones with a shitty reputation for reporting others.

Imagine having to wait weeks before you can actually portray your character, identical to the Property Request system.

The rate of people applying for "cheque requests" will be 10x higher than property requests and P.F. license requests.

Edited by DLimit

I miss the old days when stuff wasn't locked behind 50,000 requests and two and three week wait times and you could just RP. All I know is that my character has money that I've spent a lot of time gathering in the server I have like 700 hours played. And like as it stands right now I literally can't find a reasonable place for my character to live like I'm not going to pay $250,000 for a bare Bones dead inside apartment when I work in paleto Bay. 

It's actually really frustrating because I feel like I can't portray my character and I actually just came back after like 9 months and applied for a lease for a business and one of the reasons that they denied me was because I don't have a house and it's like what do you want me to do LOL. 

So here I am not a new frog somebody who's been on the server since 2018 literally have money and can't find a reasonable place to live. This is definitely not just an issue for new players. 

I don't have a solution I'm just ranting. 

Edited by Devastante
Just now, DLimit said:

Imagine having to wait weeks before you can actually portray your character, identical to the Property Request system.

The rate of people applying for "cheque requests" will be 10x higher than property requests and P.F. license requests.

Well, imagine if we didn't have this whole issue with people hogging up properties and such due to cash being worth as much as it is in Venzuela. The main issue is, there's a boat load of cash floating around. The only real money sinks are ones you gotta apply for. Insurance on cars, is beyond cheap on most and honestly you can EASILY support it on just running 700$ metalurgist paychecks. At the end of the day, we're in an economy crisis that's going to lead is down the road of LSRP where people pay the cab driver 50k for shits and giggles cause new players have some money and old players are billionaires. 

Instead of thinking of it as I gotta wait weeks for my character, think of it as a chance for the community to weed out all the people who make new characters. Farm 24/7 while on newbro paychecks to afford their sports cars and fancy apartments.

4 minutes ago, Mahiko said:

Well, imagine if we didn't have this whole issue with people hogging up properties and such due to cash being worth as much as it is in Venzuela. The main issue is, there's a boat load of cash floating around. The only real money sinks are ones you gotta apply for. Insurance on cars, is beyond cheap on most and honestly you can EASILY support it on just running 700$ metalurgist paychecks. At the end of the day, we're in an economy crisis that's going to lead is down the road of LSRP where people pay the cab driver 50k for shits and giggles cause new players have some money and old players are billionaires. 

Instead of thinking of it as I gotta wait weeks for my character, think of it as a chance for the community to weed out all the people who make new characters. Farm 24/7 while on newbro paychecks to afford their sports cars and fancy apartments.

I'd rather just report them... a lot easier than having to make a complicated system that'll only add more labour for staff members on this server.

These wealthy people don't need a $200,000 paycheque to become millionaires... they'll find ways to earn it.

The new players and serious roleplayers? They need those cheques to start the foundation of their characters, whether it may be to purchase a vehicle or to invest in an apartment.

Weed out the poor quality roleplayers by reporting them. VERY easy to do.

If you aren't willing to report these people, then you really don't care about the problem, at hand.

Edited by DLimit
  • Wuhtah locked this topic