What is the deal with property trading?

Slamdance

2 hours ago, mj2002 said:

Its not ridiculous and it doesn't need to go. However, it is, at present, too generous.

I once suggested your initial money to depend on your character age. Let's say you RP in your twenties you get 100K, in your thirties you get 150K and older the 200K. If you namechange to a younger character you'd be taken away the difference

• Upvote 1

To summarize, here are the inputs and my own personal stance:

1. Reduce limit of non-business properties to 1. (Agree)
  2. Reduce the starter paychecks. (Disagree, server's already too inflated. New players would suffer. Maybe add the option for players to not get the paychecks, for a permanently increased unemployment check.)
  3. Reduce paychecks based on age. (Massively agree. This eliminates many realism-related issues.)
  4. Add a property tax. (Massively agree! People should face holding costs when it comes to properties. Real estate companies SUFFER because of this sometimes.)
  5. Personal suggestion: Open up house requests. The supply is incredibly low right now. It's been almost a year since it was open. I wouldn't be exaggerating when I say 70% of houses are unowned. I'm sure PM can show the actual statistic.

We genuinely need more forms of taxes to combat the inflation. Instead of pumping even more money for governmental departments, nearly doubling the inflation, try to aim for a closed economy were taxes are used to pay off LEOs, with the starter paychecks and businesses being the only other way of obtaining money. 

We can tackle the inflation one step at a time, and still keep the game fun for new players. One step at a time.

Edited by maramizo

We're planning to :

- Free more houses to the market very soon

- Add a reCAPTCHA on map.gta.world to prevent bots today

- Open house requests on a regular basis for the entire map

- Add property taxes (not 100% decided yet and exact amount still in discussions, I would like to base it based on the weekly activity to not punish active roleplayers and not force them to grind, but if you have multiple characters with multiple houses you need to be heavily taxed if you just hold them) : Like for example 5% of MP weekly, 1% if you're active more than 20 hours during the week on that character.

Edited by Nervous
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 3
22 minutes ago, Nervous said:

We're planning to :

- Add property taxes (not 100% decided yet and exact amount still in discussions, I would like to base it based on the weekly activity to not punish active roleplayers and not force them to grind, but if you have multiple characters with multiple houses you need to be heavily taxed if you just hold them) : Like for example 5% of MP weekly, 1% if you're active more than 20 hours during the week on that character.

5% is too much if you don't want to hurt the RP of some users, there are 300K apartments that would be 15,000 a week, and 225k apartments that would be 11,250 a week, not everyone plays 5 hours a day or spends their time grinding in trucks or to avoid the 5%.

Vehicle insurance was improved precisely to avoid screwing up the RP, a vehicle went from costing 15k weekly to 18k monthly, it is a considerable improvement.

Edited by BigSmileLing
1 hour ago, Lurleen said:

I once suggested your initial money to depend on your character age. Let's say you RP in your twenties you get 100K, in your thirties you get 150K and older the 200K. If you namechange to a younger character you'd be taken away the difference

Age doesn't determine wealth. Wealth does. Inheritance is an issue that plagues this world, where 18 year-old influencers with rich parents live in mansions or high-end condos while 40 year-old janitors sleep in bachelor apartments.

I didn't expect this thread to blow up as much as it did but thanks for communicating the shortcomings of the current market to a newbie in a mature manner. 

55 minutes ago, Nervous said:

We're planning to :

As somebody that's been involved in real estate as a consumer (buying and selling of property and all the fun it entailed) as well as holding a Master's degree in Business Admin (I promise this flex is relevant) I may as well weigh in with my proposal:

rBtUFBL.png

Edit: I get it seems steep but keep in mind that smaller houses and apartments actually have a negative multiplier to the market value to keep them competitive and keep them as viable options for purchasing for poorer characters.

Edit2: Also the millage is directly related to how many properties are in an area. I doubt South Central is gonna fit 1,000 properties so adjust the numbers to your liking. The equation is there.

Edited by Slamdance
  • Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, maramizo said:

To summarize, here are the inputs and my own personal stance:

1. Reduce limit of non-business properties to 1. (Agree)
  2. Reduce the starter paychecks. (Disagree, server's already too inflated. New players would suffer. Maybe add the option for players to not get the paychecks, for a permanently increased unemployment check.)
  3. Reduce paychecks based on age. (Massively agree. This eliminates many realism-related issues.)
  4. Add a property tax. (Massively agree! People should face holding costs when it comes to properties. Real estate companies SUFFER because of this sometimes.)
  5. Personal suggestion: Open up house requests. The supply is incredibly low right now. It's been almost a year since it was open. I wouldn't be exaggerating when I say 70% of houses are unowned. I'm sure PM can show the actual statistic.

We genuinely need more forms of taxes to combat the inflation. Instead of pumping even more money for governmental departments, nearly doubling the inflation, try to aim for a closed economy were taxes are used to pay off LEOs, with the starter paychecks and businesses being the only other way of obtaining money. 

We can tackle the inflation one step at a time, and still keep the game fun for new players. One step at a time.

Age doesn't determine wealth. Wealth does. Inheritance is an issue that plagues this world, where 18 year-old influencers with rich parents live in mansions or high-end condos while 40 year-old janitors sleep in bachelor apartments.

• Wuhtah locked this topic