Voice to text - Dragon naturally speaking

I'm sure if there is someone like that he can contact the management trough proper channels or an admin to advise him on how to continue. I am also sure nobody is going to discriminate towards that person if he uses text to voice software as long as that person is not gaining an advantage. I do not however image that person controlling the character or car in a responsive way unless I am missing something.

Personally I don't know any software that would work in this way but I'm sure something can be found on the internet.

3 minutes ago, Rasta said:

I'm sure if there is someone like that he can contact the management trough proper channels or an admin to advise him on how to continue. I am also sure nobody is going to discriminate towards that person if he uses text to voice software as long as that person is not gaining an advantage. I do not however image that person controlling the character or car in a responsive way unless I am missing something.

Personally I don't know any software that would work in this way but I'm sure something can be found on the internet.

Is that against the rules or something? Why would they contact a admin? Yeah there are many voice recognition softwares out there, just curious if anyone has used them with GTA:W and if they work. I imagine it would. I dont see how it would be a advantage. There's people who use macro key binds, have /me's pre written in note pads etc...

Edited by Devastante
1 minute ago, Devastante said:

Is that against the rules or something? Why would they contact a admin? Yeah there are many voice recognition softwares out there, just curious if anyone has used them with GTA:W and if they work. I imagine it would. I dont see how it would be a advantage. There's people who use macro key binds, have /me's pre written in note pads etc...

7) Third Party Modifications And Software

Any type of game modification or software which gives a player any type of advantage over another player is forbidden. This includes but is not limited to binds or hotkeys using programs such as AutoHotkey or macros on a keyboard or mouse. 

Client side modding to give an advantage is also considered a breach of the rule. Client side modding may only be done for aesthetic purposes and should never be done to change the function of anything in-game. 

Players are permitted to use a controller to play the game. However, due to the fact that controllers have aim assist they may not be used during shootings. All shooting must be done while playing with mouse and keyboard. Controller usage for driving and flying is acceptable.

E.G.

• Using a vehicle mod to change the handling of a vehicle or change the size to create an advantage;
  • Spawning in items;
  • Use of godmode or giving yourself body armour without in-character access;
  • Usage of keybinds, hotkeys or macros to replace roleplay or give an advantage in a roleplay scene.

This rule pretty much states that you are not allowed to use ANY modification to your client that is not aesthetic. That is why I said that it would be wise to talk to an admin or a member of management to see where that person, who will be using the modification stands to avoid any unintentional rule breaking.

7 minutes ago, Rasta said:

This rule pretty much states that you are not allowed to use ANY modification to your client that is not aesthetic. That is why I said that it would be wise to talk to an admin or a member of management to see where that person, who will be using the modification stands to avoid any unintentional rule breaking.

I hear you, The rule is pretty vague probably for a good reason. I'd hate to see someone get banned because that is the only way they can participate in the text portion. 

1 minute ago, Devastante said:

I hear you, The rule is pretty vague probably for a good reason. I'd hate to see someone get banned because that is the only way they can participate in the text portion. 

True, I don't think anyone would want to see that. But that's the beauty of being in an active community as people will without a doubt help that person in anyway possible since everyone is welcomed. As I said, the admin and management team will assist them if they decide to contact them.

• Wuhtah locked this topic