Lower script wages

arrdef

I think the business pay is fine. Scripted businesses are a great way of breathing some passive RP into certain areas, and they're a good starting point to a lot of characters. I know that K-Town's LTD has been where many locals have started their development and its a simple way of establishing quick interactions with players in an area to then branch out into what they wanted. These scripted businesses also often grow into being hotspots of casual community RP when open, as people loiter around and chat.

In practice people tend to work these jobs for a little while and then move on, and very few that I have seen grind them for an extended period of time once they establish connections and direct their characters, which seems to me like it's working as intended as an entry-level job in the server. If you have 3 hours a day to burn working at a general store for $12,000, then you have a lot of expendable free time and dedication and to be fair, I think that's a niche in the server. People aren't exactly fighting each other to work gas stations and general stores at the minute.

If anything, I'd encourage more people to use the business script, particularly young illegal characters, since it'd make sense for them to work them for longer periods and it also gives a break from posting up for hours on end.

58 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Won't change nothing because you still get $200K at the start (which is de facto good because you dont have to grind).

This is a completely different discussion. Please don't conflate the two.

On topic, I agree that the $4000 is too much, but $2000 is too low. Things should be approached gradually, and then evaluated for their impact.

$3500 is a better start.

For some details, most characters only do one shift before they get tired of the shift work. This accounts for about 50% of the players who used /startshift in the last month.

Combined, they brought in $20.000.000 in pay in the month of May, for an average of $22.000 per character for the month. If you leave out those who only worked 2 hours or less, the figure jumps to about $38.000 per character for May, on average. It tops out at about $250.000 - $350.000 for the top 5 characters. Keep this all in mind when you make your proposals for changes.

I still propose a reduction, since a lot of businesses tie their pay to the $4.000/hour rate. Again, $3.500 would be a good first step.

3 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

For some details, most characters only do one shift before they get tired of the shift work. This accounts for about 50% of the players who used /startshift in the last month.

Combined, they brought in $20.000.000 in pay in the month of May, for an average of $22.000 per character for the month. If you leave out those who only worked 2 hours or less, the figure jumps to about $38.000 per character for May, on average. It tops out at about $250.000 - $350.000 for the top 5 characters. Keep this all in mind when you make your proposals for changes.

I still propose a reduction, since a lot of businesses tie their pay to the $4.000/hour rate. Again, $3.500 would be a good first step.

Thanks for the data! It's actually really useful. Could we have a number for the total amount of players that used /startshift in the month?

If the average for characters that have over 2 hours is $38.000 in a whole month when there's people working for three hours every day ($12.000 x 30 days = $360.000), and the top fifth player worked 21 days ($12.000 x 21 = $252.000), then I honestly think we're fine. There's people out there with characters entirely devoted to publicizing their General Stores via Facebrowser and through the advertisement system, and their characters are wholly IC in doing it.

Compare this to someone in a legal faction with 20h paychecks. Someone in the Fire Marshalls is already making the same money in a month as the #1 /startshift player, without needing to go through 3 daily hours of convenience store RP, whereas your average dedicated store clerk earning $38.000 is making about half of what an LEO is making in a week in the span of a whole month.

I agree with what you have said. I however have a counter argument as to why it shouldn't be changed. And it is very simple really.

Not everyone can spend hours a day on GTA:W. Most people have real life jobs. And what you are proposing it going to punish those people who can only log in for 2-3 hours a day to RP. Not everyone can sit online 12 hours a day grinding away to make cash.

Not to mention, scripted jobs is limited to 3 hours a day.

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

This is a completely different discussion. Please don't conflate the two.

On topic, I agree that the $4000 is too much, but $2000 is too low. Things should be approached gradually, and then evaluated for their impact.

$3500 is a better start.

3,5k doesnt change anything tho, 500 bucks per hour, meh. its better how it is. let people grind, people need apartments, cars, it's for the new players. illegal faction members, as someone mentioned in ktown, do it to make connections, and to make some money on the side. drugs, guns, everything costs $$$, its harder to get it than to spend it

16 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

3,5k doesnt change anything tho, 500 bucks per hour, meh. 

It's a decent enough change to not dissuade people entirely from working in a 24/7, but it helps put a dent in generated money. This is important to curb inflation on things like properties.