Park Rangers & You

Pillsbury

40 minutes ago, Mitch said:

what kind of civilian roles do you plan / are currently hiring for? looks interesting

We have a few roles we will be hiring for in the future. We look to open our recruitment slots within the upcoming month.

https://sapr.gta.world/viewtopic.php?f=167&t=320

Is the link to our civilian recruitment. We have things from mechanics, civilian park rangers, dispatchers, and more. 

Am I an idiot for asking the same question between every LEO faction? Yes. Am I going to stop? Probably not.

How are corruption perms dealt with in regards to Park Rangers and if the choice is there how are they handled? What's the worst a Park Ranger could do? 

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
  • Upvote 2
37 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Am I an idiot for asking the same question between every LEO faction? Yes. Am I going to stop? Probably not.

How are corruption perms dealt with in regards to Park Rangers and if the choice is there how are they handled? What's the worst a Park Ranger could do? 

image.png

Comes directly from our handbook.

Basically, for any major corruption you have to get approval through the Director (myself as of now). If you hit a suspect a bit to much, well, that's character portrayal - you end up hitting and killing the suspect when they weren't resisting? Probably going to get in trouble OOCly and we'll support the charges being pressed ICly as needed (meaning we won't argue it not to happen). What's the worst a Park Ranger can do without perms? Maybe hit someone a bit to much, get involved in some drugs, not to much. What's the worst a Park Ranger can do with actual corruption permissions? Depends on the story. I don't think i'd be very keen on allowing a faction member of mine to go kill randoms or something like that however.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask 🙂

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, balenciaga said:

Quite retarded to give them arrest authorization etc. We don’t need 10 LEO factions in the server. But I guess when you’re in servers management you can get your own legal faction if you want it.

Park Ranger's primary function isn't to arrest you, as demonstrated by the fact that the faction's LEO powers have been limited severely within the server to not step on the toes of other factions (and all members seem happy with it). For most intents and purposes all LEO work is done as support of primarily SD but also PD, and chances of being arrested by a Park Ranger are really slim unless you did something very dangerous and very stupid in a State Park.

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, balenciaga said:

Quite retarded to give them arrest authorization etc. We don’t need 10 LEO factions in the server. But I guess when you’re in servers management you can get your own legal faction if you want it.

Arrests by SAPR is a quite rare sight especially if you compare with PD/SD's arrests per day. I can tell you that as member of the faction too.

But, like what Koko stated, we don't focus on arrests. SAPR aims more to educate civilians about their mistakes over arrests. There are only 4 LEO factions with two being primary and the other two being "specialized/auxiliary(?)".

2 hours ago, balenciaga said:

They are LEOs, its only logical that they would have arrest capabilities. We dont have 10 LEO factions but as others have stated its more like 4, 2 being primary. What does the current leadership position within the server have to do with anything? The faction brings quality roleplay to the server(one interaction I had with them when I spotted a wild animal walking in the town streets was very immersive and fun) so whats your argument here, since being salty doesnt help anyone to be honest.

Most servers I've played on had two or more LEO factions with around 200 - 600 players and there was always something to do, something to roleplay. This server peaks at like 800 players so I don't understand how having as many LEO factions as we do now is a problem? But I would love to hear your argument so we can discuss your issues further.

5 hours ago, balenciaga said:

There's plenty of other ways to express your opinions without being hostile like that, man. Please elaborate on your issues so we can properly discuss and solve them for you.

5 hours ago, balenciaga said:

d2530083629614a282fc28f0608dd5fb.png

07d800f47ea338ed51a057a53dd9caec.png

https://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=851

The least that you could have done is a quick little lookup session in your search engine of preference.

There's really no need for the hostility.

• Wuhtah locked this topic