Park Rangers & You

Pillsbury

34 minutes ago, Paenymion said:

On paper SAPR seemed like something I would be interested in trying, but I saw that you have the mandatory mic requirement like PD and SD.  With your focus on passive RP rather than pursuits or shootouts, perhaps you could be more lenient with no-mic permission?  I mean, how likely is it that a park ranger would be lead unit in a pursuit giving updates? (The only legit use case for needing a mic that I can think of).  If it's very rare, it seems a shame to still have that requirement and put people who want a purely text-based experience off applying.

Just to add on what @CrisisGG said.. 

If you have a good reason why you can't use a mic then it won't be something that holds you back to joining SAPR. 

There are limitations on how you can operate within the sapr without mic perms. Such as can't go solo on patrol. Just because there is less shootouts doesn't mean it doesn't happen. And for those few instances which have occurred a few times it can be a necessity. From that standpoint it will not deviate like any other LEO faction in GTAW. 

We have I think one person with a no-mic perm within the last recruitment batch who's currently a cadet. 

• Upvote 3

Not joking, every time I saw a Ranger while out hiking and being a forest bum they were dealing with brain dead cat ear millionaire street racers who were just trying to bait pursuits near the lumber mill.

I've had very positive role-play with the Rangers while out camping and hiking.

I think you would benefit from role-playing the area as a National Park and setting up visitor centers.

• Upvote 2

Even though most of your roleplay circles around passiveness and interacting with one another, if the wild is somewhat empty from other players, I am yet to have a negative interaction with the Park Rangers. Being in the Sheriff's department allowed me to meet quite a few of you so far and while patrolling around or even chasing someone (i.e., Mutual Aids) have great understanding of what you're trying to squeeze out of this faction, and the player base can feel that too. Sometimes whenever I just feel exhausted from continuous active RP, I turn towards the county and patrol that area and have daily run-ins with the Park Rangers who are just passively roleplaying, yet allowing me to join in with them, once educating me on the wildlife too which was something I haven't done or experienced before, so it was very cool.

Really upmost respect to you for putting all of this effort into this faction and focusing on delivering to the community on a such high level, well done.

• Upvote 3

Loved the roleplay I had with two rangers about a week ago, my buddy and I were out hunting just for fun, pulled up to two rangers and hopped out and shot the shit. They informed us of some laws to follow, like getting coyote tags which is really cool in my opinion. They weren't jerks or anything, just super cool guys. Reminded me of the rangers I run into on the hiking trails out here in Washington. PS, HIRE ME ON AN ALT PLZ.

• Upvote 1

I have to say, I saw a lot of OOC-based rejections in the Application section of your forums. For a new faction to already reject people based on Metagamed information ( and you can argue it's not all you want, but it's literally Metagaming to reject an IC applicant for their OOC past ) a few months into formation is pretty disappointing.

Edited by arandomgamer
  • Wuhtah locked this topic