Park Rangers & You

Pillsbury

On 6/25/2021 at 3:22 PM, Yoak said:

That's my only issue is why is there ANOTHER LEO faction that can conduct stops, the server doesn't need it and would it not be easier for that power to be removed? You've got people who go through LSPD/LSSD training to conduct patrols etc, just seems odd to me why you have SAPR people doing t stops fullstop when there a place for them to do so.

I'd assume your view has changed since this was posted, however I want to say that I was initially sceptical of the faction too. I read more into the faction, and have even interacted with/seen some rangers around.

The faction seems cool for several reasons:

- It seems more like a faction that teaches and roleplays rather than policing the server.

- New faction, so new mindset (I'd presume), that's why LSSD was a pretty cool faction when it started (not sure what it's like now).

- Way too many robberies happen in the rural areas of the map, and since SAPR exists, they're probably around to patrol those areas more.

I just think it's nice to have a law enforcement faction that isn't focused entirely on pulling over someone because they didn't yield in an empty junction, or they forgot to pay their car insurance, or that they're randomly punching a lamp post just because. With that being said, the hunting feature on the server seems a little off to me, and definitely needs some work. To me, hunting looks pretty pointless to do, but I would guess it's a major part of the SAPR faction.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Aquila said:

I have a question: is it possible for a sworn-in park ranger to switch over to civilian admin roles and vice versa? Does it happen often?

We have had people swap jobs from sworn-in to civilian. The same could be done the other way around after receiving the necessary training.

Ultimately sworn-in Rangers can take up a lot of the basic civilian Ranger duties in their day to day life (but not all). An example is how just today we revealed the new Dispatcher position. This is a civilian role but can be taken up by any sworn-in that completes the relevant Communications certification.

17 minutes ago, Koko said:

We have had people swap jobs from sworn-in to civilian. The same could be done the other way around after receiving the necessary training.

Ultimately sworn-in Rangers can take up a lot of the basic civilian Ranger duties in their day to day life (but not all). An example is how just today we revealed the new Dispatcher position. This is a civilian role but can be taken up by any sworn-in that completes the relevant Communications certification.

That makes sense, it's definitely the case in real life too (at least in the UK) with control room/dispatch positions.

Pretty cool, I like it! Thanks for answering my question and also providing additional information.

• Wuhtah locked this topic