Park Rangers & You

Pillsbury

Just now, Yoak said:

That's my only issue is why is there ANOTHER LEO faction that can conduct stops, the server doesn't need it and would it not be easier for that power to be removed? You've got people who go through LSPD/LSSD training to conduct patrols etc, just seems odd to me why you have SAPR people doing t stops fullstop when there a place for them to do so.

It's based on the fact that Park Rangers in California also have LEO powers, and to be honest, because our presence in the unincorporated areas is a lot more than that of SD. I personally (this is my opinion as an individual Ranger) NEVER set myself in a position to "catch" anyone, and I spend 99% of my time in a State Forest/Park.

In my experience most people in SAPR are happy to give warnings and let people go on their way unless it's a felony, because we're aware as a faction that we're new on the block and old habits die hard, and not everyone expects to see a cop in the mountains while you're just cruising around and being a bit silly.

... but if you're racing down the Chiliad Wilderness lumberyard in tricked out cars, I do have to stop you, honestly. My duties are to keep the peace in State Parks, after all. But I think you'll find that perhaps other than more overzealous cadets/newer rangers that want to do a good job, most of SAPR is pretty laid back when it comes to LEO powers other than the thinks that are our strict obligation.

1 minute ago, Yoak said:

Yeah so stay there and enforce the traffic laws there? not on the highways? Also I'd love to add I haven't been pulled from you guys, just saw a clip and it sparked curiosity! Keep it up tho fellas 🙂

If an individual almost crashes into us driving on the incorrect lane of travel, highway or not, is clearly under the influence and a risk to everyone around them and themselves we have a duty as law enforcement officers to act. If you think that a Ranger was not up to standard in regards to them conducting a traffic stop on someone, feel free to reach out towards our Command Staff regarding it as we take such cases very seriously.

15 minutes ago, Yoak said:

That's my only issue is why is there ANOTHER LEO faction that can conduct stops, the server doesn't need it and would it not be easier for that power to be removed? You've got people who go through LSPD/LSSD training to conduct patrols etc, just seems odd to me why you have SAPR people doing t stops fullstop when there a place for them to do so.

As a member of the LSSD, I see no problem with the SAPR acting as such. Even more when this is going on in their Park, which is their jurisdiction mind you. In addition, traffic stops are done regularly and are a very important part of any peace officer's job once an infraction has been noted. This allows them to investigate the reason for the presence of certain people, and to regularly investigate further to maintain the security of their park.

If necessary, and this has already been done several times, the Park Rangers will request an additional unit from the Sheriff's Department or the Police Department. In both cases, I have no doubt that they will be ready to come to their traffic stop to assist.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Yoak said:

To stop beating around the bush. I'm quoting this streamable here by @PeopleKind

https://streamable.com/29z28h

Just rather avoid another LEO faction policing the server

I pulled him over for blatantly cutting over the center divide on a freeway and nearly going head on with a group of bikers, which could have resulted in their deaths. If you think I'm in the wrong for that then IDK what to tell you, mate. He put peoples lives in direct danger and could have killed people. What's wrong with that? 

Also, that happened from my drive from one state park to the other, you seem to be trying to make it seem like I was actively patrolling the highway looking for people to pull over.

Edited by PeopleKind

The usual theme continues.

Step 1: Drive like a complete doofus, using both directions on the highway / speeding / etc

Step 2: LEO sees you and goes "Oh shit that's dangerous"

Step 3: LEO pulls you over because you're driving like a blind person tripping on acid

Step 4: LEO gives you a ticket for something you, in fact, did do

Step 5: "Cops are so corrupt! We need to disband the faction!"

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2
11 minutes ago, Yoak said:

tenor.gif

thanks for the replies guys, got the answers i was after keep it up : )

Just a quick addition! A traffic stop is also done to investigate things such as Hunting violations and what not. The term traffic stop is not only meant for Vehicular Infractions but also to stop them if we suspect them for maybe poaching and otherwise!

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Sush said:

The usual theme continues.

Step 1: Drive like a complete doofus, using both directions on the highway / speeding / etc

Step 2: LEO sees you and goes "Oh shit that's dangerous"

Step 3: LEO pulls you over because you're driving like a blind person tripping on acid

Step 4: LEO gives you a ticket for something you, in fact, did do

Step 5: "Cops are so corrupt! We need to disband the faction!"

not at all! dont have any issue with SAPR as a whole, just was curious but thanks for trying to be funny sush!

• Wuhtah locked this topic