Park Rangers & You

Pillsbury

8 minutes ago, Pillsbury said:

Were looking to advocate for some changes in the Hunting Act - however we do not have control over it, but merely can add suggestions to it. Being the Director of the Department of Fish and Wildlife, being a spot in the 'Governors Cabinet' per say - I can always bring up possibility of changes, and have it go through the Senate.

The reason it's restricted to 21, is because having a Hunting License does not allow you to buy a firearm from a store in-game, you need a PF - which is 21 for the server. That has been something that's been in the community as a restriction for quite a long time. At the moment SAPR does not regulate Hunting Licenses, so you can go and buy one with $10,000 at the licensing center, and bam, now you would have access to a rifle. 

Well.. you spoke of PF being strictly 21?

Spoiler

aaf3ec5ef965080f384f5dbbd8b5dea4.png

Source: https://fld.gta.world/info/pf.php

As you can see a young adult can obtain a PF, and by law buy either a shotgun or a rifle and store them at home, or use the rifle for hunting. Hence I brought up the "Under 21, hunting allowed with a guardian who is 21 or older & in possession of a hunting license." would be nice if you would forward some of the things I have mentioned to the board responsible for amending the law with changes.

• Upvote 1

I have the upmost respect for people that pour effort and dedication in creating an immersive enviorment for players and I believe this is what this faction is doing, I haven't met you guys ingame yet since I don't even know the parks (Kinda new to gta map) but seeing the feedback and support I believe you guys deserve it. Keep it up and don't let it die!

• Upvote 1

The "and you" saga continues. 

Seriously though, all my interactions with the Park Rangers have been solid and I've enjoyed how so far they actually try to realistically police the area instead of blasting past the majority of situations because they're not brawls or shootouts. Had my character checked on when sitting around at night in his RV and was in the process of being pulled over for a broken headlight - which was intentionally kicked out for THIS type of RP - which was extremely refreshing considering the apathy some cops show towards traffic offensives. Keep it up!

• Upvote 1

The promise of the Park Rangers in capitalizing in passive RP and immersion around the county area is massive for me. LEO factions are rather intimidating if you aren't willing to invest dozens if not hundreds of hours in learning procedures, codes and the meta of pursuits, shots fired and high-octane roleplay rather than the human interaction and presence in more forgotten areas of the map. I also feel like police officers and deputies are a much more intimidating presence than a Park Ranger, and hopefully their existence can help with people interacting with law enforcement in a more relaxed setting.

SAPR is a wonderful place for imaginative people who can create their own roleplay and feel like they might use it to further the immersion of those around them. Hopefully their presence works in inviting more people to explore the State Parks and leave the city for some brief escapes into the wilderness, and furthering the roleplay in the general county area.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, might only be an occurrence to me but I was rather disappointed when I first was interested in joining but was met with a brick wall in regards to communication after I was told to reach out to people because of a denial. I spoke with people the days before my denial but suddenly when I was told to reach out to command staff in regards to my denial, everyone just stopped responding. Putting down ''may reach out to command'' but then not responding to any inquiry seems to be the complete opposite of what you expect. Then after finally getting through to someone I was told to contact another person who then simply didn't reply either. Then after pushing through at the person who did respond, I got word of the reasonings why I was denied which were to be completely false and untrue which later also got admitted to.

It left a really bad taste in my mouth and did give off a very bad first impression to me. The few weeks after also made me realize that this faction isn't something for me. Anyways, as I said, might only be me that this happened to but I felt the need to at least express it.

And a little tip for future publications: not every word has to be capitalized. It makes it look rather messy when there are multiple capitalizations in a sentence that are not required. The initial post here is also full with capitalizations that are not needed: ''Domestic Disturbance'' ''Assault'' ''Parks Safe''

Edited by Tseard
  • Upvote 2
  • Developer
39 minutes ago, Tseard said:

Honestly, might only be an occurrence to me but I was rather disappointed when I first was interested in joining but was met with a brick wall in regards to communication after I was told to reach out to people because of a denial. I spoke with people the days before my denial but suddenly when I was told to reach out to command staff in regards to my denial, everyone just stopped responding. Putting down ''may reach out to command'' but then not responding to any inquiry seems to be the complete opposite of what you expect. Then after finally getting through to someone I was told to contact another person who then simply didn't reply either. Then after pushing through at the person who did respond, I got word of the reasonings why I was denied which were to be completely false and untrue which later also got admitted to.

Not sure who you spoke to but you did not reach out to me. We were quite swamped with work with only four people in charge and getting the faction running.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, St3fan[NL] said:

Not sure who you spoke to but you did not reach out to me. We were quite swamped with work with only four people in charge and getting the faction running.

I infact did on the 16th of April. 

• Upvote 1

Only nice interactions so far. I've had rangers protect me and my colleagues when we're out rescuing, and I've had a unit down to get some carcass off the road. Both interactions hinted at a high level of roleplay, and both were a pleasure.

I look forward to see where you'll go in the future, and wish you the best of luck!

Edited by Protheus
  • Upvote 3

On paper SAPR seemed like something I would be interested in trying, but I saw that you have the mandatory mic requirement like PD and SD.  With your focus on passive RP rather than pursuits or shootouts, perhaps you could be more lenient with no-mic permission?  I mean, how likely is it that a park ranger would be lead unit in a pursuit giving updates? (The only legit use case for needing a mic that I can think of).  If it's very rare, it seems a shame to still have that requirement and put people who want a purely text-based experience off applying.

Edited by Paenymion
  • Upvote 3
30 minutes ago, Paenymion said:

On paper SAPR seemed like something I would be interested in trying, but I saw that you have the mandatory mic requirement like PD and SD.  With your focus on passive RP rather than pursuits or shootouts, perhaps you could be more lenient with no-mic permission?  I mean, how likely is it that a park ranger would be lead unit in a pursuit giving updates? (The only legit use case for needing a mic that I can think of).  If it's very rare, it seems a shame to still have that requirement and put people who want a purely text-based experience off applying.

Hi there! This is an extraction from the SAPR's official cadet application FAQ, viewable here - https://sapr.gta.world/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=10

Microphones are required. You may apply for "No-Mic Permission" via Recruitment Command. You must inform the Recruitment Division within the application, and before acceptance, you must contact Recruitment Command.

Hope this helps!

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic